• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scatman John?

Derpiology

Smash Cadet
NNID
Derpiology
3DS FC
4742-6421-0146
For some reason, I've been having a profound addiction to Scatman John. No, I don't need therapy. Sad about him passing away from throat cancer almost a couple decades ago. Anyone else have the same mental handicap as me?

MustDash <NeDave>

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeDavid
3DS FC
1289-8218-1036
My brother, I did not think I would see a fan of him here.
Yes I too have an addiction, I still have a playlist from nearly a decade ago that I still listen to.

How this started was when I remembered a decade ago "scatting" and I had a tune in my head that I remember hearing from the radio (before he died). I asked my sister if she remembered hearing it and she told me the name like if it was written on her hand. My brother and I looked it up and downloaded his albums (we weren't aware of the legality of it back in the day) and listen to the tunes.

I too am sad to hear about him passing away from cancer, though I believe it was from Lung cancer due to his drug problems just can't recall if he quit that habit or not but it caught up to him. Makes me wonder what other songs he could of done because they were all really well done and had good messages in them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom