• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar stepping, what maps, and timing

Lid

Smash Apprentice
With the Scar step, what maps can it be performed on and I assume the timing is different for each map?

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
Are we talking about "scarring" the stage where you illusion through the stage and appear on it, or that ****ty thing where you illusion and you fall through the edge for no reason? (I hate that glitch.)

D

Deleted member

Yoshi, that ledge fall can be used to your advantage if you know it's going to happen... especially on like FD, where you can wall jump to regular jump backwards to Bair after it...

As for scarring, it's easier on levels like FD, where it has a cut into the level from the ledge, but that's my opinion... the timing is generally almost immediate after you get off the ledge...

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi, that ledge fall can be used to your advantage if you know it's going to happen... especially on like FD, where you can wall jump to regular jump backwards to Bair after it...

As for scarring, it's easier on levels like FD, where it has a cut into the level from the ledge, but that's my opinion... the timing is generally almost immediate after you get off the ledge...
FD is basically the only level scarring doesnt work...

D

Deleted member

I find it easier to do it on FD, but that may just be me lol... I usually stay close to the wall on levels, so... I'm not consistent with it either, so that might be it too...

BlackYoshi7

Smash Apprentice
I think he's talking about the thing where you fall through the stage and not scarring, as scarring on FD is just going to give you a self destruct.

Hose A

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you can't scar on FD. Tele-stepping can happen on any stage as far as I've found. I'm not sure on a complete list of the stages that you can scar on. I know it works on battlefield, pokemon stadium 2, pictochat (although it often just turns into a tele-step) and smashville.

Top Bottom