• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC Tourney, Anyone in the upstate up for it?

therealmario101

Smash Rookie
This is my first post in smashboards and I was told I should come here if I were to try and start a tourney. I have never played in an official tournament before and I was hoping people on here would be up to the challenge. I have never lost a match and I was hoping to reall y test my skills out, but no one in my area is good at ssbm. How good am I? If you know Ken Hoang or Azen, thats about right.:)

Entry Fee: Depends on # of people

everlasting yay

Smash Ace
This is my first post in smashboards and I was told I should come here if I were to try and start a tourney. I have never played in an official tournament before and I was hoping people on here would be up to the challenge. I have never lost a match and I was hoping to reall y test my skills out, but no one in my area is good at ssbm. How good am I? If you know Ken Hoang or Azen, thats about right.:)

Lol, if you're as good as that, I want in. We'll see who comes out on top, I'm the best in SC right now. :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
SO YOU SAY, Yay.

I probably won't come but maybe. Post more details please. MOAR.

The Comic place in Anderson.. I do believe I know someone who works there.

Of course if I decide to go that automatically includes about 4 more people riding with me who will be in. So that's 5 maybes for you.

therealmario101

Smash Rookie
Alright! So, how does Feb. 17 sound? (sat). If we get at least 10 people, how about an entry fee of $8. 1st place: 65%. 2nd: 35%

If you have any suggestions on entry fee or ANYTHING ELSE, Please Post!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
DEF NOT THE 17
cause the 18 is a tourney in GA I am going to so I can't do back to back days tournaments... I suggest backing it up cause others may not be able to do this

therealmario101

Smash Rookie
I know of about 5 or 6 people that will already be coming if there is at least 10 people, so please try to make it!
(let me know if the 18th is fine)
I dont get on here much but I always check my mail, for questions or problems or whatever,
E-Mail me @: therealmario101@yahoo.com

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
24th is better but I still don't know if I can do this. (just cause of gas money)

it's about 2 hours from here but it's a SC tourney which makes me wanna come (and I always pack my car with like 4 guys coming) blahhh whatever date is good for everyone else. I would prefer it later than the 24th myself but PLEASE keep it on Saturdays, that is good for everyone who is coming with me.

I really do wanna come though (considering it's an SC tourney :p)

DF2K

Smash Journeyman

Planet Comics? Didn't that place shut down years ago? I used ride down to Anderson all the time to play DDR and I remember noticing it was shut down or something.

Anyways, to the real point.

Are you related to Best 101?

DF2K

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to sound like a jerk. It's just the over confidence and binary in his name that brought it to mind. Oh, and his avatar, too.

*shrug*

therealmario101

Smash Rookie
Actually no, Planet has never been shut down before.
They hold many different card game tournaments here. (Naruto, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Magic)

fs2344323l

Smash Rookie
I live in North carolina and i don`t know how far anderson SC is, but i do know that i have never lost a match, also, i'm sure that i am a much better player than the host of this thread so if you do put this tournament together let me know when and where. i'd love to take your money.

Ciez

Smash Rookie
TRC, wont your friends help you pay for gas money? If you REALLY needed it, and it meant like 5 or 6 more people comming I could load you the money because Maryoku and I are definately interested, and the 24th should be good for the both of us.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I guess Maryoku is Greg.
And you're Joe.
I'm guessing.

Gas money is an issue but so is gas mileage... last year was like 7 **** tournaments most in ATL and yeah -_- my dad is all "blahblah" about vehicles.

and lawl at random NC "noob" guy. It's probably one of the best NC players in a new account wanting to steal some money :p or maybe it is just a match for the tourney host. EverlastingYay is pretty much right either way.

Ciez

Smash Rookie
Any updates on whether or not this is going to happen? I would love to play in another tourney, especially one close to where I live.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Gas money is an issue but so is gas mileage... last year was like 7 **** tournaments most in ATL and yeah -_- my dad is all "blahblah" about vehicles.
My mom's the same way about the car right now. I can't help it that it's been like a year since the last oil change and I've put 4000+ on the car from mostly school. Hopefully, I can get it done soon so I can come see you more instead of you having to come all the way down here.

Any updates on whether or not this is going to happen?
I was wondering the same thing.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Alright! Anderson is actually only like 30 minutes away from Clemson. Unless we talking about a different Anderson.

Anyways, if you do a tournament on a Saturday, I think I and 2 others would be interested. Get a set day and time frame and let me know so I can fit it around my work.

I've been looking for some good smashers around Clemson. If you and any of your buddies what to get some kind of biweekly going I'll be up for it FYI. Let me know.

ImpactAR(me), my roommate, and Dan2 are 3 peeps looking for some more competion.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Well, obviously this tournament isn't going to happen or is very un-updated.

therealmario101, are you even here to post still? Are you serious about finding some smash competition?

I want to contact you and any other friends you have that play and get some smash sessions going but there isn't any solid way to contact you. Whether this tournament is going to happen or not, a few others and I are still looking for more competition.

If you really are as "good" as you claim and want some competition contact me. My contact info is under my profile. Best to e-mail me. I hope to hear from you.

therealmario101

Smash Rookie
Im finally back. If you guys want to help me set up a tourney I can get us permission to have a tournament at Planet Comics in Anderson. I was busy last time but now I am completely free every weekend except April 7th. I f you guys want to set up a tourney let me know!!!!!

therealmario101

Smash Rookie
This weekend im going to ask the store owner if we could use some of the AWESOME plasma TVs he got in the other week. Usually, he wont let people use them unless he at least knows for SURE that there will be at least 20 people to show up for a tourney. So any 1 thats interested, please let me know!!!

If he doesnt...I might need some people to bring TVs or help me find somewhere that will have TVs

Top Bottom