• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saving videos on SD card. Confirmed MORE! See here!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Recently I was looking at the update and then bleachman got me to focus more on the update by saying
omg...remember the blurred out pic for the unknown game mode? look at the lower have at the last screen. the mode is gone now.
Then i started looking more close at these 2 pictures.

Now the 2nd picture is from the "Snapshots" update right? Well this is strange because notice how from the video update (First picture) is using that same menu from the 2nd picture (Look at the bottom and u see the erase, sd, and send button). So could this mean we could save video's to are SD card? Some people might be thinking "No i don't think an sd card can handle video's because the size will be to big"...Well your wrong. The wii can easily have there own type of video files (.wii for example) and they can be small...Well then that means they will only be viewable on the wii right? Well there your half wrong sort of =\. If were lucky someone will find out how to convert .wii files into .avi.

What are your thoughts on this?

p.s. Yes I also know that in the first picture it is missing the blurred icon.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wait, what makes you think you can save it to an SD card? I don't get your reasoning- but I would predict that's possible regardless.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Maybe, maybe not.

Who cares bud?
Me and a lot of other people who would like to make videos. Webcam's suck and with this you can have great quality!

Wait, what makes you think you can save it to an SD card? I don't get your reasoning- but I would predict that's possible regardless.
Your option's shown during screenshots are erase, save as SD card, and send. But In the "Send" video picture u can see the SAME menu shown used to use for screenshots.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

Me and a lot of other people who would like to make videos. Webcam's suck and with this you can have great quality!

Maybe. Seriously though...

Still have to transfer it over to Youtube or another video hosting site...

and they ALWAYS screw up something, whether it be the quality or timing.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
The replays are not technically videos but actually a saved log of what happened in the match that is replicated using the in game engine. It will not be that large and anyone who thinks its gonna end up being an actual video file is an idiot.

jambre

Smash Apprentice
i thought it was quite obvious you could save to SD cards as it has an option for it in the screenshot.

Zek

Smash Ace
Obviously replays can be saved to SD. The question is if they're an arbitrary replay format that has to be replayed in Brawl, or if it's actually a video that could be viewed on a PC. I'm guessing the former due to the file size issue.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
you can propably save the 3 Minute video, and then pull it onto a SD-card...
i doubt you´ll be able to record directly to the SD-card
and i think a function to record would be awesome and handy, it just saves you extra equipment... why complain about it, i think it RULS!

but i dont think nintendo manages to do it so it can be saved on SD-card :(

Stalky

Smash Cadet
im pretty sure the blurred out thing is edit tho. like drawing on the picture with your wii mote.
I bet it'll be a simple editing program with which you can crop screenshots to make your own avatars for Wi-Fi Play.

EDIT: Possible that said avatars could be displayed in local play, in place of the default character images that are displayed at the bottom of the screen with the percentages?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Uh... Exactly WHAT three minutes of the match are recorded? Say your match took 5 minutes. Which three minutes would be saved?

Shato

Banned via Administration

Movie menu isn't the same as the screenshots menu. Why do you all insist on jumping to conclusions?

Shato

Banned via Administration
Of course, I was referring to the blurred out screenshot option.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Did anyone notice that those names are longer than 5 characters? Does this mean we get longer names in Brawl?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Of course, I was referring to the blurred out screenshot option.
Sorry about that, I read your post wrong. I thought you were saying that the SD Card option couldn't be in because they were different. On a related note, I think that they just changed the menu a bit to make it look cooler. I don't tink they made a different menu they just edited it.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Now I can finally put that 1GB Wii compatible SD card to use. :) God knows how much video footage I'll make now! :laugh:

@ Red Exodus
Yes, since we'll all probably have designated usernames. Xbox Live has like 25-30 spaces, so I imagine Brawl will have up to the same, and caps will matter, or something like that! Expect A LOT MORE THEN 5 spaces. In fact, it's safe to assume someone could very well have the username "Johnknight1 Red Exodus"=njk. Ya, that many spaces are needed, definitnely for Wi-fi! :)

Salaad

Smash Ace
Just some further evidence from IGN. "Professional players will now be able to record their matches against one another and save the video replay files to the Wii's internal memory, or to an SD Card, to be kept safe as proof of who came out victorious. Or shared on the Internet, or sent to Wii Connect friends registered on their systems."

I'm wondering, will there be editing or no?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
so ur saying record a battle put in the sd card get on compie then upload to internet that would pwn
The only problem here is the file format of the video.

Which format do you think is the most suitable to be used for brawl=?.

For exmaple... a fight recorded with my sis´s camera weiths about 65 mb a match of 2 minutes more or less. Then when i convert it to a format compatible with youtube , it weights around 5-6 megs....

do you think the wii will use normal formats or a different one?. When i say normal formats.. im referring to the most used (mpg,avi,wmv etc)

Pyr0

Smash Ace
You want quality videos? get a TV (even HDTV) output+input video cable for PC (they already come with their software) follow instructions and boom, best possible quality video in your PC.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
??? the question in this threafd has nothing to do with hd... its what format u should put it as if u were to take footage form a SD card and put it on your comp.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice that those names are longer than 5 characters? Does this mean we get longer names in Brawl?
In the update, he says you can send it to your "Wii Friends" instead of your "friends" you register in Brawl, which makes me thing he's referring to the Wiis you register on your own Wii outside of any game (hence the much longer names), which also makes me wonder if these "videos" are viewable outside Brawl, possibly with the Photo Channel.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
It could be like every other replay system.

I'll use Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour as my example :D.

In Zero Hour, you can save/download/view .rep files. When you view one, you can pause the game, see it from many angles, select units--all just as if you were playing the game. Hopefully, the same sort of thing will be implemented for Brawl--like you can pause the game and move your control stick and you'll move around the character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you could edit the videos even via SD card and some movie making application, that'd be sooooo tight! :) That'd make it be so awsome for us lacking a video recorder!

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
More than likely, the "movies" are nothing more than saved game data--when you "watch" them, it's actually the game recreating what's happening in real time as though the game were being played. These files are far, far smaller than actual videos.

jon_the_ferret

Smash Cadet
BHLMRO It took me a few seconds but I understand what your saying and saving videos to an SD it gonna rock a fat one. I'm pretty sure there will be a way to start the recording process or something but I dunno Sakurai is pretty awesome I'm sure whatever he thinks of will be good he DID make my two favourite games of all time; Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Top Bottom