• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Satoru Iwata Responsible For Melee Shipping On Time

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Well that explains Melee's debug mode. Iwata was over there, coding his ass off for three weeks straight. So what if he forgot to remove the very thing that needed to be done before the game's release.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Amazing mirror came out after melee (melee 2001 amazing mirror 2004), so it didn't come for mirror. Its speculated to take some move inspiration from Eyerok, Wham Bam Rock, Andross, and Bongo Bongo.
Eyerok? It really doesn't share any moves with Eyerok at all. Eyerok's main purpose is to sweep you off the stage, Master Hand just plain ***** smacks you.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
**** I messed up this conversation. I made a more developed argument on reddit then started arguing the wrong thing here. What I wanted to say is that some smash qualities were inherent to different parties involved. HAL involved smash games' gameplay matched more with post HAL games (mostly Kirby Super Star Ultra, Squeak Squad, and Kirby Triple Deluxe). Solo-Sakurai smash games' gameplay did not act like the prior 2 smash games. And the games Sakurai made independent of HAL (aside from smash) post-HAL does not have traits matching up with things that made melee and 64 good. The fact that Sakurai didn't make any other platformer after his time at HAL (excluding brawl and smash 4) sets off a few bells.
You just reworded everything... Kirby in general just doesn't resemble Melee over any other smash. What are these supposed traits KIU and Brawl lack?

And by the way, L-canceling was just a way for the CPUs to cheat. The easiest way to do it was to make it a real command. Not that Kirby has L-canceling... I've reached the bottom of the barrel as far as figuring out what the first two SSBs have over the last two as far as being closer to Kirby goes.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Isn't it kinda funny how the last game Iwata worked on as a debugger became one of the biggest most competitive games that Nintendo has? I hope Iwata wavedashed all over Sakurai to get this project done in time

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Alas, all Iwata's hard work did absolute squat to help us poor PAL players get the game at Gamecube's release.

Having had to wait 9 long ass months for Melee was unforgivable when NTSC regions got it straight away.

9. Months. Even with the slowest translators and PAL converter in the world it shouldn't have taken that long. ****ing ridiculous.

I'm just glad this Smash release hasn't been handled as poorly as it has been in the past...Gamecube adapter and Amiibo shortages aside.

Top Bottom