• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Fund Raiser (postpoed due to conflicting dates with triweeklies)

spiffo

Smash Cadet
glad you caught that. turns out the place is taken by a church on sundays until into the afternoon so I set it for the next saturday. If anyone knows anyone who might show up 6 days early... then tell em.
Also keep advertising and stuff crowding is better than uncrowding. and feel free to get any friends who just want get schooled to come too.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Unless the date changes again I'll be there, though noob bracket for me (first time).

Spiffo, you might want to tidy up the first post so people aren't confused so much. Also, a "sorta-fundraiser" sounds like you're saving up for a Wii or something. Not questioning you, just pointing it out. In any case, good luck to everyone coming and hope you see you guys there!

spiffo

Smash Cadet
hmm I'll do that. I'm saving up for my wii by stealing from elementary school students, not like this....

As its getting fairly close then if no one minds one last headcount. please? thank you?

spiffo

Smash Cadet
I TOTALLY GOT OPPRESSED. We gor replaced by some winter wonderland thing at the YMCA... so now they've given us the 20th of January. but they did help me out in having a letter a campaign for asking for donations and like advertrising and stuff. so thats a slight plus amidst a lot of suckage. Sorry for the inreliability.

Ocire

Smash Rookie
Although it's a bummer to see the date moved up so far this sounds like it'd be really fun. It'd be my first "tournament" so it may be hard to get my mom to take me (I'm only 15 *tear*). I'm not guaranteeing anything obviously but I'll definitely be looking into getting to this. Chula Vista isn't too far away from me at all.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
I hope everyone manages to read this in me and no one goes tomorrow and only gets an opportunity to hang out with a crappy santa clause. And I also hope I havn't lost all credibility with you guys.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
alright this has been simmering nicely for a while. thought I'd bring it back up. tournament is still on for the 20th. I've received help and we will receive prize donations from some local businesses. not sure on what yet. but apparently in past years we've received like free movies from hollywood video and the sort.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
umm. I really hate to double post bust as we're 10 days away I think it would help to be able to see if all the people earlier n the thread can still go.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Sorry, I can't speak for the rest of my crew, but I'm going to the Triweekly that day.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
is there a triweekly that day? dang now that would have been something to know. daaaaaaaaang. dang it. I cant work with the YMCA's schedule....

Zephyr

Smash Lord
It's not official, but I'm pretty sure that there is. I know what a pain it is to host a tournament, especially with an organization like the YMCA- you can't work with their schedule. But try to avoid moving the date until we're certain that there is a triweekly on that day.

EDIT: To below post, sorry, no. I don't run the Triweeklies. Try asking Rickety or EdreesesPieces, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to help you.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hello, spiffo :]

Edrees was already making plans, reserving the lodge, for Saturday, January 20, so we could hold a triweekly. I'm sorry that these two dates are conflicting, but is there perhaps someway you could bump it up the calendar (since it has already been bumped a number of times already) so that we can ensure a large turnout for both events? :]

Please respond or PM me, or aim! :]

spiffo

Smash Cadet
While it may be possible it would be bit of a problem. Since now that they have gotten involved they have gotten a bit stubborn about it. Is there any possible way to do it like same day?

As far as hours go thats pretty flexible is that a possible solution? I dont know if people have it in them to go to 2 in one day? maybe? what time do triweeklies start?

Rickety

Peace and Love
While it may be possible it would be bit of a problem. Since now that they have gotten involved they have gotten a bit stubborn about it. Is there any possible way to do it like same day?

As far as hours go thats pretty flexible is that a possible solution? I dont know if people have it in them to go to 2 in one day? maybe? what time do triweeklies start?
Triweeklies, on average, run from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, but can open up as early as 10:00 am and run as late as 9:00 pm. It would be possible to do it on the same day, but both venues will need to toy around with the hours if we don't want conflicting times. On the other hand, if you just want a lot of casual people to attend your fundraiser, we can simply host both and the tournament goers can come to the triweekly, while the casual smashers can go to yours. But that would make me sad! I wanna fundraise with smash, and i know at least 30 additional triweekly regualrs would like to help out as well. What would be the latest time you can start? And, how long do you expect your tournament to run? Are you sure you cannot postpone it again?

I really want to participate in both! I hope we can work something out. :]

spiffo

Smash Cadet
if you can guarantee me aything even close to 30 attendees then we can reschedule for sure. that I can guarantee.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Huh...how would we guarantee that? I don't know about guarantee, but I'm pretty sure that somewhere around that amount would come. This IS San Diego, after all.

spiffo

Smash Cadet
quazi pseudo almost sort of guarantee that these people that rickety knows will show up then it seems like a good idea. so far all I have to go on are the same people that have posted here and the people that I've told by word of mouth.

Top Bottom