• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Texas PR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
for those that haven't already heard, I will be at ooples tomorrow and thursday to play pm and everyone is invited.
@ mimgrim mimgrim I don't know if you have a facebook or what not.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
What time tomorrow? I doubt I'll be able to go both tomorrow and Thursday + Saturday but I might be able to finagle my way for both tomorrow and Saturday.

And no I don't have fb. Not really interested in getting one either, at least not until I'm able to drive myself to places.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I'm not doing anything pm related this saturday because there's a melee tournament that I'll be going to (maybe)
there's only gonna be pm today (wednesday) and tomorrow (thursday) at 2 unless someone else runs something on saturday.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Yo, life lesson I learned. If you have a full setup, easily accessible spot and you host it they will come. Chris doesn't have to be there for you guys to have a smashfest. Step it up SA PM. There is a CRT there waiting for you.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yo, life lesson I learned. If you have a full setup, easily accessible spot and you host it they will come. Chris doesn't have to be there for you guys to have a smashfest. Step it up SA PM. There is a CRT there waiting for you.
But...why doesn't anyone show up on thursdays then?

Zhea

Smash Ace
Zhea its like 3-4 including you :c
Why is that a problem? Dude when I got to SA there was no melee scene. I started hosting at Ooples and it was just Chris Mike and me for like 6 months with occasionally 1 or 2 more people showing up. Now SA has a strong melee scene.

The #1 problem of SA PM is that no one actually gives enough of a **** to try and start something. They just want to hop on the wagon once it's already built. They want someone else to run the tournament, they want someone else to host the fests, Considering Chris doesn't even play PM competitively I find it pretty weird that he is the one stepping up to fill this role. Be the guy Plate.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Why is that a problem? Dude when I got to SA there was no melee scene. I started hosting at Ooples and it was just Chris Mike and me for like 6 months with occasionally 1 or 2 more people showing up. Now SA has a strong melee scene.

The #1 problem of SA PM is that no one actually gives enough of a **** to try and start something. They just want to hop on the wagon once it's already built. They want someone else to run the tournament, they want someone else to host the fests, Considering Chris doesn't even play PM competitively I find it pretty weird that he is the one stepping up to fill this role. Be the guy Plate.
Someone's been ignoring my ooples adverts :c

Jk, that was my plan Zhea. O'm kind of just trying to adjust to college plus San Antonio first. I've only lived here for like a month, and I'd like to gather another person or two that isint Chris so that i'm not doing it all alone.

Maybe i'll steal Dustin from you or something, idk

mimgrim

Smash Hero
If I had a drivers license, currently just have a permit, and a job to be able to pay for gas money and insurance I would offer to try/help. But until then, I kind have to rely on other people to host stuff and hope they are hosted at convenient times for me. :L

Zhea

Smash Ace
If I had a drivers license, currently just have a permit, and a job to be able to pay for gas money and insurance I would offer to try/help. But until then, I kind have to rely on other people to host stuff and hope they are hosted at convenient times for me. :L
I did not have a Car until 2 months ago. I ran all my tournaments relying on others helping me get stuff there and setup.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Maybe if I could find a place closer then Ooples. I could probably talk my parents to take me somewhere every weekend to play Smash if the place wasn't too far away. Though I lack a CRT myself, best I could bring for a TV is a DVD player lol.

f00

Smash Rookie
Someone's been ignoring my ooples adverts :c

Jk, that was my plan Zhea. O'm kind of just trying to adjust to college plus San Antonio first. I've only lived here for like a month, and I'd like to gather another person or two that isint Chris so that i'm not doing it all alone.

Maybe i'll steal Dustin from you or something, idk
PM's for nerds

clnr

Smash Rookie
who is this buttery smooth? i keep hearing stories of his legendary falcon punches in tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom