• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio 02/10/07 RnJ Smash+ Tourny

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
Prepare for San Antonio's biggest VG tournament yet!

Introducing RnJ's Smash+ Tournament named "Dantebayo"

When: Saturday February 10th, 2007
Where: 7007 Bandera Road (between Huebner and Grissom)
San Antonio, TX
Entry Fee: $15 per tournament
Payout: 1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Tournaments played will be: Smash Brothers Melee, Gears of War, Naruto GNT4, and Tekken 5, GGXX/ and Street Fighter: 3rd Strike.

Schedule (Times subject to change)

11:00AM - 1:45PM: Casuals (Any game, first come first serve)
2:00 - 4:00: Tekken 5 (no DR, sorry)
4:00 - 6:00: Street Fighter: 3rd Strike
6:00 - 8:00: Guilty Gear XX/
8:00 - 10:00: Naruto GNT4

Other Games:

1:00 - Closing: Smash Brothers and Gears of War

Smash Schedule: (Times subject to change)

Pools: 1:00 - 3:30
Doubles: 4:00 - 7:00
Crew Battles: 7:00 - 8:00
Singles: 8:00 - Closing

Note that you cannot sign up for Gears of War and any other game, due to the length of matches and stall strategies. If you have any questions, please email me at jonathonquitugua@hotmail.com or PM me

Also, JM and I will not be throwing tournies together anymore due to our management company being lame =/. So the split between me and Joe was not hostile or anything, very friendly and understanding. Hope this clears up a lot of confusion and becomes more convenient for people!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
yea what rice said
and wombat i know you still want our MM along with everyone who still has MM with me
i may not be able to join in smash cause ill be in naruto and 3s but i can still MM
i think

ohwell enough of that
COME AND PLAY :D

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I prolly wont goto this for some reasons

- I don't have $15
- It is far away
- MrC and alot of other people aren't going...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
its not that far unless you live at the opposite side of town
and if all the other good people dont show then you might win
as far as the money i guess start winning your MMs =/

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
its tourny day for all whose going have a safe trip and see ya soon

wombat: theres only one way to answer that question

Mr.C

Smash Master
if this has a turnout of 35-40 people i might come.

is this at the same place as last tourney

Galt

Smash Journeyman
For those of you keeping score, I'm Omni, the Sheikier of the twins from Austin. I chose to limit your confusion by refraining from throwing another Omni into the already sizable (and stagnant) pool, and have, after untold pains, arrived at the name Galt, in an obvious homage to John Galt.

I've finally decided to register, since I've begun attending tournaments with some regularity. I wanted to say a thing or three regarding today's tournament.

First, I want to say, to those of you who may harbor some doubt, that Gamelot is an excellent venue. I really liked the place, and they treated us well, and the atmosphere is perfect for a gaming tournament in general. Definitely go to the next tournament held there.

Second, I want to thank RiceBurner for working hard to make sure a tournament was still held this weekend. There may have been a small turnout, but I don't blame you for that, and most of the best were still there.

Third, to my UT Austin nakama, stop being n00bs, you bunch of n00bs.

Fourth, to Forkgirl: baby steps. First, I have to be able to make it to tournaments with reliability. Then I can worry about luxuries like boardgames.

Fifth, to Leo-who-probably-doesn't-have-a-gamer-tag, thanks for being Game and Watch's first official victim. He says you were delicious.

Sixth, to Smiles, stop using my color.

And seventh, to myelf: Stop typing.

Xelic

Smash Ace
Ohhhhhh, Caveman! I will win the MLG set!

Wes, you're a noob. =(

Taylor, I'm sorry I didn't get to play you that match. We went to eat, and then we just left, but I AM still here in SA...I probably won't have time to play though...

Smiles: <3

Ricecakez: Thanks for hosting and being awesome!

JF: BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Kekeke...

Shiro Kageryu

Smash Journeyman
I hope everyone enjoyed themselves :)

Very sorry RiceBurner that I couldn't show up.

I'll definately show up next weekend at Gamelot to help out Felix with anything. I won't be participating in any events (most likely) but I'll definately be up for any friendlies (PLEASE!! lol) in anything.

:3

RiceBurner

Smash Cadet
I hope everyone enjoyed themselves :)

Very sorry RiceBurner that I couldn't show up.

I'll definately show up next weekend at Gamelot to help out Felix with anything. I won't be participating in any events (most likely) but I'll definately be up for any friendlies (PLEASE!! lol) in anything.

:3
Hey, no problem. Do you have a different number? I kept on getting some guy named Chris...weird...

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well, I personally had a great time, even if I didn't play as well as I would've liked, but I will do better next time. I didn't get to play any sheiks this time either. :ohwell: :laugh:

Next time I will for sure enter Naruto, and I think more people will come since JM won't be involved. I'm sad there weren't enough people for teams because teaming with Ray is always a lot of fun.

Anyway, thanks for everything, I had a lot of fun, and I look forward to next time. :)

Felix15c

Smash Journeyman
Sadly I couldn't participate... with work and all... But nice tourney, decent turnout, good all around.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but there was a small problem with this tourney...

TOO MANY TVS!!!!! (WTF???)

Seriously, Gamelot invested in 8 tvs for tournaments and there were only 3 cubes. While its great if you guys can bring tvs, I understand that lugging them around can be a pain... but c'mon guys, gamecubes are tiny. Bring them with you, even if you can't bring a tv.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
galt, you should just go by sheiktwin :) that is Jordan's fault, but it works.

Are you STILL in San Antonio, Jordan? I'm guessing no, but if you are and you want to play, then call me.

EDIT: I just realized it's a Monday and you go to school. And I'm at work :/

Top Bottom