• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Super Dash

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Seriously, what's with all the hostility in this thread? Flaming people isn't a good look for a thread, and definitely not an example that should be set for newcomers to P:M and/or Samus.

GeZ

Smash Lord
KLit is being harsh but he's right. The tech isn't going to be renamed. Doesn't matter that it's unfitting, that's what it's been called since it was discovered. So move on to something more productive.

Litt

Samus
We have been on this topic for too long anyway, and it has been discussed in previous post, if new members try and bring stuff up that has already been established, which he could have taken the time to research, but he chose not to, he should be told promptly, this is what happened, no we aren't changing the name and move on.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I'm not saying the name should be changed. I agree, it's rather pointless to change the name of something that has been established long before.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
No one cares what you think about whether the name is dumb or not, its not changing, move on to a different topic.
No need to be so upset.

Likewise, you have no respect for the legacy of her character as it was in Melee.

/drops the mic and walks away
Guy, do even at all?
There's more to the characters than just smash

GeZ

Smash Lord
No need to be so upset.

Guy, do even at all?
There's more to the characters than just smash
But seeing that you're posting on Smashboards, rather than Characterboards, your point is a bit moot.

Edit: I shouldn't even have to get this basic to explain this. Allow me to revise.

There may be more to characters than smash, but this is in regards to the character as they are in smash. You can call the Super Wave Dash whatever you want when it shows up in another metroid game, but here, in the smash series, it'll be called what the smashers named it.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
By all means, direct me to this Characteboards site.

They probably don't froth at the mouth as much.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
You seem like a very unhappy person and I have not enjoyed my time conversing with you.

Ha, funny joke.
You're on your computer to waste time.
Mana while Klit does come off as harsh, he does have a point. I mean Its been called the super wave dash for about 10 years (maybe longer). And while I personally don't have a problem with what your calling it, the official name isn't up for discussion because its been around for so long. I understand how you feel, but here on Smashboards, its better off to just cooperate with everyone and have civil discussions, rather then argue with one another while trying to get your point across.

GeZ

Smash Lord
You seem like a very unhappy person and I have not enjoyed my time conversing with you.

Ha, funny joke.
You're on your computer to waste time.
Nobody's frothing or unhappy. This is just a tired discussion, as even if we unanimously agree'd on a name change, it wouldn't affect what the community calls it. It'd only serve to muddle the interactions between these forums and other forums, or people who frequent these forums and people who don't. We just want to have actual discussion man. I'm sorry if we seem abrasive for being tired of discussion on the "unfitting" aspects of Smash.

Litt

Samus
The purpose of a name is to have as a reference, everyone references the tech as the swd, and to change it at this point would just indeed cause confusion. You can call it whatever you want, but know that should you go to a tournament, people will correct you and tell you, that you dont know what you are talking about. If anything, you can call it whatever you want around your friends, but other players will just see you using a different term as inexperience rather than innovation. Yes, I was rather brash with you, but understand, it is for your own benefit to listen.

WizKick

Smash Apprentice
I think when it comes to a community that decides things for itself, everything is always up for discussion. And people can have opinions whether you like them or not. clearly, there's nothing else TO talk about at this time about the tech, so this is just as good a discussion as any. And KLit is definitely frothing. I never said it needed to be changed. I just said it was dumb (which I have a right to say), I wasn't arguing with anyone, but people decided that I was and argued (even though I wasn't arguing, I never said to actually change it) with me about it.

Honestly I don't think anyone has even been fighting all that much FOR the name change, for the most part it was just a small off-handed idea, that wasn't really a big part of the discussion until everyone was getting flamed for it.

Litt

Samus
The title of the discussion was the super dash.... if you are going to a name change, at least don't have 3/4 of the original name in your new name, and dont make it sound even worse. This topic is dead already, move on and stop posting.

THREAD CLOSED

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
*Discussion

One of the best ways to practice the dash is to think of it as a charge attack from a standard fighter.
While it's not necessary to push the control stick in the opposite direction of where you want to go, it helps to eat up the frames that Samus is idling in the morphball before flicking it forward.
Taught a guy to do it mid tourney.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
That's good advice. I hadn't been thinking about it that way but that's a perfect descriptor of how I perform it consistently.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
A wide variety of game interests makes it easier to communicate new or similar concepts.
Like glitch A occurred in this game and is sort of like glitch B in this other game.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So today I saw the AI do a SWD. Is that the AI trying to do mix-ups, or did it just happen to put in the proper inputs at the right times for a SWD?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
AFAIK, the AI is not coded to actually know that it can SWD / DSWD, so it just happened to do the input randomly (or in response to the situation).

Top Bottom