• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus...

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
How do I beat the snot out of her? My friend spams the F-Dash and he sees through my aerial attacks... So any assistance in general?

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
if hes catching u on fsmashes then ur approach is too predictable...im guessing u sh to nair, uair, dair as ur only approach

- dash dancing/wavedashing before u approach
- emplt shffls
- full jump fast falling aerials
- generally i can outspam a samus....fire and cape missles and make them apporach me
- or ever try wavedashing forward to dsmash/ftilt/grab

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
You know theres a point in Smash where you play against Smashers that have mindgames superior to yours either if its a good Mindgame system like Eggz' and Green Marios or its just SPAM.
In Smash you have to have a good psychologie of the game.

There are different types of Mindgames :

•BerserkerMode Mindgames : Something like : If he Shields, you grab him, if he made a mistake, you **** him, he will feel unconfident if he is not advanced and mostly will be Shield grab spamming you.
Then you trick him with a fake SHFFL approach ( Empty Airials - You jump to the foe and WD from the Dash back away from him ) and when he tries to grab he did a mistake, he has Lag, you **** him.
So one things sure you should Master the Combos such as Uair shffls got that???
Now you will need to know HOW to **** him right? Well its best to try these :
-Normal Grab approach (run to grab) Dont do this often it just is unpredictable and good for a change - You combo him obviously after the Grab
-SHFFL Mode ( SH-Bair-WD-and again or Berserker mode with Nairs,Dairs and Uair shffls and then GRAB something like that )
-SHFFL Mode - Non-Berserker (Here you do an attempt to SHFFL him to a Grab or UpTilt and then Combo him but dont repeat the attacks, here you use some techniques before going at him (Platform stuff, DashDance stuff, EmptyAirials stuff GOT IT????))

•Mindgames of your opponent Abuse Mindgames : You use the attempts and Mindgames of your foe to COUNTER it with your Mindgame such as this :
Sometimes when you cant counter its a good Idea to run away and do Projectiles (FullJump to Wave Land please) and try something out depending on how he is acting right now and WHAT he is doing!
So a good way to co-operate with this method is also for example using Platforms to come and go but thats hard and need practice.
So you mostly allways PAY ATTENTION to what you Foe is doing and REACT to that GOT IT SOLDIER????
I cant explain well... you will have to try it out yourself to understand and its a good Idea to look at GreenMario Dogysamiches and Eggz' matches to try and get a picture of WHAT I MEAN.

Now theres a Mindgame that is the best :
•Do both mindgames-mindgame-mode : You do Berserker and you do Mindgame Abuse-mode. You always change!!! Always switch modes and he will never be able to defeat you and predict you!
BUT!!! You obviously have to understand what I exactly mean with both of those Mindgame modes to use the Perfect Combined Mindgame.

Its difficult to understand and therefore you will need to get yourself a picture by watching vids of DOGYSAMICH, EGGZ and GREEN MARIO. Maybe Boss too but its hard to understand it...

Now here are some tipps against Samus :
Fireballs are good against her
You can Combo her very good
DThrow is awesome to start a Combo

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If he's WoFing you, your best bet is to pick Samus, and counterspam the WoF.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
It would be hard if you are doing something already and then try to cancel into a B-Dash a backward wavedash would be better I think, unless you mean with a B-Dash BackWavedash

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I like how when someone ask for help we Suma gives him a generic copy paste text that he has saved on his computer and then we tell him to pick samus a WoF...come on guys...everyone knows the windmill of fury is too powerful a move to joke around with

"Wha-What are you doing?!?!? That move is banned" -Rohins

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
The opposite of an F-dash, clearly
Lol what?

I thought F-Dash was just a ******** way to say Dash Attack. Besides why would someone ask for help with a Samus that wave dashes forward? Lol what the hell. Lol. HAH.

Good god this thread is so bad lmfao.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Lol what?

I thought F-Dash was just a ******** way to say Dash Attack. Besides why would someone ask for help with a Samus that wave dashes forward? Lol what the hell. Lol. HAH.

Good god this thread is so bad lmfao.
It's hard to troll when the general population of the Mario boards is so utterly ********.

AIDS

Smash Lord
those samus mains don't know how to play smash, they are pretty bad, but im sure they way to piss them off is go sheik or falco, the *****iast match ups. but yeah, those samus mains are on drugs or somthin man....

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
those samus mains don't know how to play smash, they are pretty bad, but im sure they way to piss them off is go sheik or falco, the *****iast match ups. but yeah, those samus mains are on drugs or somthin man....
Lol, I love this quote.

If she WoF'ing you, cape the hell out of her. Even if u miss more than likely she's gonna be too far away to hit you afterwards and if she tries you can shield grab. I actually counterpick Samus with Mario (since she's a Main of mine I know all the ropes of her attacks).

You can combo Samus If and Only IF you can get her to lose her double jump at lower percentages. It won't K.O. her but it's a good way to build up damage. Usually to finish a Samus you gotta mindgame a FSmash or an UpSmash.

But basically cape the hell out of her for the mindgames. Sometimes I'll just run up and throw a cape at a Samus cause I know their gonna block, then the only thing they have that they can do fast enough to counter is Up B, but you'll be out of range and won't get hit by it.

Hope some of that can help, if you can get some kind of visual of you playing your friend I could give better advice.

Top Bottom