• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus with damage boost equipment. OP as all get out.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hi guys, Jazz here with something that startled me last night.
I entered a 1v1 glory customs tourney last night, and used my classic mode modded Samus just for the heck of it assuming people would be stat boosted as well and I didn't want to be floored.(no normal tourney matches were open ) here is the specs for my Samus custom

The no perfect shield is sucky but the high damage with a tad bit of defense was desirable.

So I entered this tourney and boy was I shocked.
My damage output was insane, and I went undefeated. SM ate through lucarios full charge shot, links boomerage and fully charged arrows like they were made of paper. Half charged CS did even more wreckage.

I didn't think equipment was allowed in these tourneys, and no one I was playing with had the defense or offense to trade blows with me. Have you guys played with giving Samus stat boosts? And if so, what results have you come across.

BTW this set up helped me clear Classic lvl 9 without a stock drop.
Edit:
Here is the stats of each piece of equipment

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yeah the 50 damage charge shots that break reflectors and shields are some silly fun.
It really does become "charge shot - the game".

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Proof that equipment in tourneys is a bad idea lol. I tried doing online tourneys a few days ago and the customs ones were the worst. Extra jump/speed Donkey Kong that grab>cargo>uthrow>uair>uair 0-death combos and Roy's uncharged fsmash breaking 3/4 full shields. Sounds like it actually makes Samus viable though lol.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
Perhaps we never considered Equipment into the equation with Sakurai saying she was the best character?

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
Speed Samus is really fun too, probably not as practical as a power-Samus in custom tourneys, but it makes camping a lot easier, especially combined with mega bombs and seeker missiles

Top Bottom