• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus vs Ganondorf (Vid Included)

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
I've got a friend with whom I've been playing for... far too long haha, and his main is Ganon. I've heard that Ganon is a hard fight for Samus, but my thoughts were always "Oh, he's just better than I." What're the basic tactis against a good Ganon, and what are those "Don't you ever do this or I'll slap you in the face" things?

Here're two videos of our fights - mind you, we both, for whatever reason, weren't playing very well the day we recorded these, but they aren't that horrible. (Don't mind that whole killing myself thing at the beginning of the second match :p)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4iu0t_fqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI5ROXMntzs

And yea, I had been playing Marth/Falco a lot so don't worry about those effing shield grabs, I know better than that, it just became a habit thanks to those two characters lol, but any other tips are very appreciated, thanks in advance!

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Even though you said to ignore it, it still needs to be said - too much grabbing. Other than that, you need to work on spacing and aerial use. Too much dair, not enough short hopping ur aerials. You need to work on recovery and mcing (mcing is close, just needs a little more work). DI too...experiment a little, there were better choices than what you chose. You need to use utilt more, especially for edgeguarding. Tying into your spacing, I thought that your approaches were very weak. This was mainly because you didnt use enough ftilt and dsmash, both to space, and wded into to approach. Your wd was a bit weak imo as well, you need to air dodge earlier.

General speed is an issue as well...your game is slow.

On the plus side, you had some nice wding off a platform to mcing. I also saw a lot of good upb use, and sidestepping (but dont get predictable). You also had some really nice bomb use.

A lot of your timing stuff could be because you were using other characters, I know when I use falcon and marth my timing is off after.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Andromon, I'll work on that stuff. It's just so frustrating because when we play at school (yang/Fufu are seniors with me) we dominate so hard that it's not even fun to play as Samus anymore so I go to Falco and Marth and whatnot, and then when I return to Samus for tournaments (like one I have tomorrow night) I'm stuck using stupid things and off-timing that I pick up from my other chars that I mess around with. Gotta love Phantasm'ing off the stage because you wanted to MC, for instance ;D

Jasona

Smash Ace
more gunz and better response to his fair. either sheild or get out of the way... or if you're ballzy, try your luck/skill at ftilting or fairing it.
minor suggestions -> try ledgehoping to uair instead of fair and see if it suits your style. when you upb near the ledge, turn to face the stage and DI back into a ledgegrab to cancel the landing lag

Mars-

Smash Champion
you need to l-cancel.

Also you seemed to pointlessly bomb a lot. I don't know about you but that seems like a perfect time for you to be hit.

When your running and you want to stop just push down. You can immediatly attack from there. An example of this is when you are running at ganon, and you see an opportunity for a dash attack. Instead of the dash attack, crouch cancel to stop and c-stick forward smash.

Top Bottom