• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus strategies?

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
I CANT BEAT SAMUS CUZ HE NEVER DIES!

but seriously, last tournament i was put in losers first round by Wes and then i went up against Muz later on in losers. I can't figure out how to kill him. And when i try to mess up his recovery, he kicks me while bomb jumping.

RPK

Smash Lord
Its hard to beat a samus....I need help too please =3 I would say something about this but like ive stated somewhere in here before....I have absolutly no character experience and only know stuff about the jigglypuff but not putting her up against other characters.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
OK.. this is tough... Samus's Nair+Bair can make your approach quite difficult. Spamming is annoying, but it's not the end of the world. For all of your recovery r@pe problem-mindgames.. that's all i can really say about that. I actually prefer Fair instead of Bair b/c you can combo Samus off the screen with it.. When you're on the ground all you can really do is space your Bair's really well, and drills doing drills over her head aren't too bad, as long as you don't stop next to her. Pretty much wait for her to miss a grab/dashattack you, and then rest... I actually think this is an even match, but it's more an uphill for the samus than jiggs... oh yeah, Upsmash out of shield.

Aeroshadow actually knows this matchup better than i do.. maybe he'll post here, or you could just PM him, and ask that way..

Good Day Sirs.

Takalth

Smash Ace
One that works against my samus is coming from overhead and hitting the bombs. You take a few points of damage, but Samus loses a lot of height every time you do it.

Naturally, this is far less effective on Final Destination and Fountain of dreams because of how low Samus can grapple, though occasionally you can even get a kill on FD (fountain of dreams is basically impossible with this tactic without suiciding).

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'd say when samus is recovering don't ever let samus come to you, you GO to samus and WOP her to death baby! Learn how to evade/powersheild rockets and the charge shot. When your coming back to the edge samus will fire a power rocket below you so you will get hit by it when you are falling, don't EVER think that you will be able to fall past it b4 it hits you, JUMP and go over instead of falling into it. It's mindgames and you have to find away around them, when ever samus is charged up always be ready, keep a good distance from samus and try to trick the player into firing samus's charge shot. If you wanna get near samus there are 2 ways to get around those rockets, 1. Jump over them and 2. Duck. If you are near samus she will try to trick you into ducking the rocket and you end up geting smashed by samus herself, so try thinking of away to get around that, maybe trying to wavedash under the rocket into a rest b4 samus can smash, if you wanna be safe just back away. Jigglypuff's exellent air movement can let you dodge samus's rockets with ease, you just have to think and not fall for any of samus's mindgames at all and make some of your own. The easyist way to kill samus is to back throw her off the edge and WOP her b4 she gets too close to the ledge that she can grapple beam it, If she does, just try again.

I've really only played AlexTriad and Muz's samus and I have beaten them both, I haven't played Wes in a long time tho, I was never able to beat Wes but I'm not sure how well I'd do against him now.

Well thats all I've got.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
<King> fighting samus boils down to like, in no order: 1.) know that Bair, Nair, and Fair eat through samus's missiles, 2.) watch out for samus CC'ing into attacks (either bait him into it or just avoid it) 3.) Space yourself from samus' Nair 4.) freshen up your Bair/Fair chains and what can be comboed from a Pound
<King> 5.) when samus is off the stage, apply tons of pressure, go out there and attack him/his bombs, just don't get spiked
<noob-lube69> lol
<King> 6.) remember that his dash attack can be CC'rested
<King> or shield-jump rested

RPK

Smash Lord
yeah i did follow kings advice since i knew that when samus is out there screw her up by messing with her bombs. But everytime I do I get spiked >.< Its so annoying! thats my only problem. And thank god for Sh bair. Because its fast, and you have no landing lag so you can just SH bair again! YAY! and its because samus' missles in addition have low priority which is also good. only problem like i have said is screwing up her recovery by screwing with her bombs...sigh...god ****...

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, everyone said it already, but edgeguarding Samus is really important. When he's out there, just try absolutely everything. You sort of have to figure out your opponent's playstyle.

Usually just using fair/bair all over the place works fine, but sometimes they will do their fancy bomb tricks or whatever or do a nair or something so it can get annoying. Sometimes I even find myself getting hit by Samus's bombs on purpose, since it makes him fall down a lot.. You can actually attack his bombs too. Also, for Samus's nair, just anticipate it, somehow dodge it, and hit his leg or something. It's probably also good to mix it up so you get punished for bothering him out there less. It can be really frustrating at first, but once you figure out how to edgeguard your opponent, the battle gets a LOT easier.

cmart

Smash Lord
LOL aero I love it when you screw my **** up. It's so much fun fighting puff even when you're owning me.
We gotta play some more now that I'm picking puff up. Dittos are right out but I think we can teach each other some ****.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well, I played 2 samus players in the tournament and lost to both of them, I didn't expect it to be that difficult. Well that goes to show saying is easyer than doing.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
i told you alex, those stupid samus players dont die, same floatiness but ten times heavier = gay crouch cancelling
We do too die! How can you be so insensitive?!?

She's dies Really easy actually... but it's upward off the stage.
So counterpick Shiek and just Dthrow to up Air. But i guess this is the Jiggly thread. When fighting a Jiggly, I didnt want to say this... but if ur good and Samus spams nairs... u can time a rest pretty well in that gap. Or so it's happened to me... I only know Samus vs Jiggly on the other end.

-AxlT

Top Bottom