• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Shortened Zair

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
Hey Samus mains! Here to update you on something Samus can do to shorten he zair, and reduce lag. I'm not sure if I was the first to discover this, but in case you didn't know about it I made a video showing it off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzShMzaUNtg

You basically have to zair "into" platforms and be near enough, (the center of battlefield would not be near enough.) Its nice because there's time for samus to land an (autocanceled?) bair, and first hit of all her aerials barring dair, nair and bair are the only relevant ones imo, but you can never have enough tricks in your arsenal!

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
We knew about this, but most of us just see it as a nuicance. Not sure how to incorporate it into play. Mind games, maybe. Perhaps if somebody is on a platform above you, you can tap them with zair then with the first hits of upair?

Cat8752

Smash Apprentice
We knew about this, but most of us just see it as a nuicance. Not sure how to incorporate it into play. Mind games, maybe. Perhaps if somebody is on a platform above you, you can tap them with zair then with the first hits of upair?
Ah, I was afraid so. I think the utility of having a zair with significantly reduced lag is nice, plus if you're playing doubles and need to zair one guy and hit the other than that could work. :p

It's definitely situational but if the opponent is in range for a shortened zair there's no reason not to since less lag means it would be harder to punish and you have more options overall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom