• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Short Hop

keoryn

Smash Rookie
I have been trying to short hop with Samus for quite some time now as I am trying to do the missile cancels and the spam of missiles in pokemon stadium but is it just me or is short hopping with samus extremely difficult?

I can short hop easily with other chars. With Falco is super easy but Samus is like >.<

So my question is: Do Samus mains have any special way or technique you guys use in order to short hop with Samus on a consistent basis?

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
Samus has the fastest short hop along with Fox, Sheik, IC, Kirby, Pikachu and Pichu.They're airborne at the 4th frame.
Falco is among the easier to short hop with. He's airborne at frame 6, so you need to be almost twice as fast to short hop with Samus.
Many players has problems with short hopping. My advice to you is to keep practising. You don't have to specifically practise short hop, as it from my own experience comes along when you generally get more technical. There's really no easy way. Practise, practise, practise!

Litt

Samus
Yeah the advice jerk just gave you is the same Plup gave me, just go to pokemon stadium, and practice short hopping, should you do it right, you should just go half way through the platform and then sink back down. When you can do that every time, practice short hopping and then doing a smash missile at the same time, then once you can do that perfectly, short hop and do a homing missile at the same time, and the last part to work on is falling through the platform to shoot another smash missile, once you can do all of that, you short hopping will be perfected. As for myself, I use the top edge of the Y button to short hop, it just give me a better feel for the button, but thats just me.

keoryn

Smash Rookie
Thankx guys. I'm gonna practice Mew2king style, practice until I get it done even if it means to do nothing else but practice for a few weeks or months.

Litt

Samus
it only took a me a few weeks to get that done, I suggest following the method I laid out because it makes the best sense to learn sequentially.

Top Bottom