• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus' Kneel Round House (dsmash)

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
Its the current strategy of choice being used by a fellow player.

It is his MAIN (and only!) course of strategy against me. It basically disables me from doing an non-spaced dairs, fairs, or ANYTHING without being punished by the roundhouse kick.

The kick takes A LOT of damage. He spams(yes, spams) it unexpectedly until he has a comfortable lead and then smashes till I'm gone.

Slowing up the pace of the match isn't helping. Spacing the dairs and fairs becomes tiresome since all he has to do is shield them.

Does Pound take him out of his kneel stance?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for reading.

ALSO: Bear in mind that he ISNT 4-stocking me or anything. He is just able to keep up with my stock and waits at critical moments in the bout to do another dsmash.

Any help with the matter would be greatly appreciated.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
i say and this is what i do alot against a samus.... let him come to u wen he misses a f-tilt SHFFL a dair or fair and if he is really smart about using that attack.... check this out!!! USE A DIFFERENT ANGLE!!!! jiggs down air is really handy and to a samus u can dair u tilt and back air which is a nic combo... just build damage dont get shot by rockets and make him chase you this match up is extremely boring but if u wanna win u gotta be defensive IMO

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Space bairs so you can DI away after the attack so the dsmash misses. Done.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Well puff is an airial attacker the way I see it, so you shouldn't be having problems with any attacks like samus's dsmash that aim low.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
i say and this is what i do alot against a samus.... let him come to u wen he misses a f-tilt SHFFL a dair or fair and if he is really smart about using that attack.... check this out!!! USE A DIFFERENT ANGLE!!!! jiggs down air is really handy and to a samus u can dair u tilt and back air which is a nic combo... just build damage dont get shot by rockets and make him chase you this match up is extremely boring but if u wanna win u gotta be defensive IMO
I'll be practicing the combo all week.

Thanks for the input and tip, Angel.

Sliq

Smash Master
If he throws up his shield as you jump towards him, land and grab. He can't downsmash out of shield.

-Ka-

Smash Journeyman
You know the more I think about it all the more frustrating (but promising) it is.

Angel's input makes me question my playing style towards a Samus. Heck, my playing style is ALWAYS aggressive. Now as I said in the first post, I can SLOW DOWN my style but in fact it DOES remain aggro. If he's kneeling and is waiting for me to approach, I approach him (dair, fairs and automobiles, etc.). Simple as that.

Is that entirely out of line? It appears Shyne MAY NOT think so. You're jump-uair/mindgame to Rest technique sounds really promising and I definitely am thankful for it. At one point during a bout another player watching said, "Don't make it so obvious that you're just trying to get the Dsmash." He stated this while the Samus player remained in the kneel position for I don't know how long.

I think my opponent's weekly beating has been put on hold because of the fact he's found a simple way of countering my OVERALL playing style with 1 simple tactic:

Crouch Cancelling ANYTHING I do then dsmashing.

And of course he doesn't play with this tactic against anyone else. Just me. This informs me I may have to reorganize my game play strategy against him (which sucks cause its hard work). But hopefully soon I can get back to 3-stocking him.

Am I right on this? Any other feedback would be great, thanks.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
If he is crouchcanceling anything you do take peach ...
he will NEVER cc again lol

I dont think switching into a defensive role against samus is good .
He can spam missls charge up neutral b ... but what can you do ?
Nothing but wait .

So you should be offensive but dont be careless .
Try to space well and try to mindgame him .

You know what he is going to do , you just have to find a way to punish it, mindgames son.

Top Bottom