• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Hitbox Visualization

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'll update the main post with these later so people can see the change for now.
So, by comparing these with their originals...

• It appears Nair's late back hit hitboxes are bigger, likely due to the Z axis change.
  • On the first bunch of hitboxes on Fair, it appears the biggest one (the one that would be the fiery explosion) appears to have been split. I don't know what the angles etc they all launch at, but just from playing, it's obvious the move links better now and it's glorious.
  • Speaking of glorious, it's nice to see those 11 frames of active hitboxes on Dash Attack. How many other Dash Attacks are out for this long in the game?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Wow that was really fast turnaround Furil Furil , nice work. The F-air hitbox rework is really interesting.
Dash attack hasn't actually added a new hitbox, likewise interesting, it's just the property that changed. Basically giving a benefit to cross up DA.

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.
Samus' hitboxes are so simple that there is little margin for error anyway...
Is it OK if I put these animations in my guide? Thanks!

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Corrin gifs? Do you mind linking me to them?
I don't remember where they were, sorry. It was part of a thread, not its own thing. And there were only a couple.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I don't remember where they were, sorry. It was part of a thread, not its own thing. And there were only a couple.
Never mind, I'll just wait until we get the whole visualisation.

Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Gypsy_Panic

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-7237-7012
Is there anything like this for our "hurt boxes"?

I'd love to actually see what they look like.

Top Bottom