• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Attacks Vs. Character Ledge Clings

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
This thread details which of Samus's moves capable of hitting characters clinging to the ledge, and specifically what characters are/aren't affected. Huge credit to @ RoachCake RoachCake for basically all this info.

----------------------------------------------------

Up Tilt hits

• All Characters

Down Tilt hits

• All Characters

Down Smash hits

• All Characters

F-Smash (Angled Down) hits
  • All Characters except
:4diddy::4ganondorf::4palutena::4greninja::4sonic::4feroy:

Screw Attack hits
  • All Characters except
:4bowser::4link::4ganondorf::4samus::4myfriends::4robinm::4dedede::4greninja::4falcon::4shulk::4ryu:

Charge Shot + F-Tilt (Angled Down) hits
:4mario::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4dk::4charizard::4metaknight::4olimar::4drmario::4miigun:

Vulnerable initially, but duck below the stage at certain parts of their animation:
:4ness::4pikachu::4villager::4duckhunt::4lucas:

Duck below stage initially, but become vulnerable at certain parts of their animation:
:4wiifit:

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
I was actually just about to post about this, along with all the other moves that hit on the ledge(U-tilt, F-smash, ect).
Also, Mii Gunner gets hit, and DHD isn't vulnerable at all times.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Ah alright, well Ill delete this if your covers all the same info

Also are you sure about DHD?

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Nah, I'll just give you the info and you can put it in the OP. (Plus I don't think you can't delete threads)

Here it is.
Attacks that hit ALL characters grabbing the ledge.
  • U-tilt
  • D-tilt
  • D-smash
Attacks that hit everyone EXCEPT for the ones specified grabbing ledge.
  • F-smash(Angled)
Doesn't hit...
  • Diddy Kong
  • Ganondorf
  • Palutena
  • Greninja
  • Sonic
  • Screw Attack
Doesn't hit/fully connect on...
  • Bowser
  • Link
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus
  • Ike
  • Robin
  • Kind Dedede
  • Greninja
  • C. Falcon
  • Shulk
Also, Charge Shot can hit ALL enemies if it's shot into the stage from the other side of the stage, it's not very reliable to do it though.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Very nice. There was a tech in brawl that let Samus fire the charge shot at landing so that it skimmed the stage edge. I miss that tech...

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
It's still possible.
OMG! I just did it... I feel like a #$% noob. Well, I never claimed I was pro...
The above list might need some adjustment - I assume we can hit everyone and anything with the grazing stage charge shot but it could be worthwhile to actually know.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Ooooh how de we do this tech? a video would be nice if one exists

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
You charge shot at just the right height while landing, in the animation Samus' legs are kicking outwards with recoil. Hit B a little after peak height on a SH.
I can get the blue/colored portion of the CS to be inside the stage, basically stage surface is at the starting of the white core.

I think I tried for it a handful of times when I first got the game, found no missile cancelling and assumed this was gone too.
I have a capture card now, incidentally, so video will be forthcoming (but work life means weeks not days...).

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
It hits the same exact people that get hit by Charge Shot.
I didn't list F-tilt and Jab 2 cause I felt like their rewards were the worst, plus you need to be in very specific spots to hit with them, you're better off going for and U-tilt or an angled F-smash.

leiraD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TacoShell
It hits the same exact people that get hit by Charge Shot.
I didn't list F-tilt and Jab 2 cause I felt like their rewards were the worst, plus you need to be in very specific spots to hit with them, you're better off going for and U-tilt or an angled F-smash.
Thanks for checking that. Probably still good to have as an option because its not as easy to punish if you miss.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Some things to add to the OP.
  • Lucas gets hit by CS during most of his ledge animation but dips down low every now and then.
  • Screw Attack doesn't fully connect on Ryu. (Facing away misses completely, facing towards the edge hits him only with the initial hit.)
Roy could also be added to the group of characters that don't get hit by angled F-smash since you need to be in a VERY specific spot to hit him.

Top Bottom