• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus and the Meta

Litt

Samus
Try taking your own advice, KLit.

Food for thought.
Ph00t... look at my post... besides the one flaming the kid calling me out for him "teaching ESAM stuff about samus"... there is nothing wrong with them... other people take offense to one and jump on the bandwagon as if they need their voice to be heard on an issue that does not concern them.

Litt

Samus
Hmm, ph00t, if you recall, I was only defending my original comment, which was productive, until people like you and other smashers take it upon themselves when they see a single (swear, insult, or demeaning attitude because someone said something stupid, incorrect, or annoying), then you hop on the bandwagon to flame the other person.........

Last edited:

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
KLit said:
Hmm, ph00t, if you recall, I was only defending my original comment, which was productive, until people like you and other smashers take it upon themselves when they see a single (swear, insult, or demeaning attitude because someone said something stupid, incorrect, or annoying), then you hop on the bandwagon to flame the other person.........
I am the kettle, and you, you are the pot.

Litt

Samus
Do you see... ^ even this troll just wont stop posting just further proving my point....

Litt

Samus
You mean this post?

Yeah, it really wasn't that productive.
Ph00t if you actually read what I said... "I was only defending my original comment, which was productive," which was about playing Esam, Eli felt it necessary to say that he was able to teach Esam stuff he didn't know, and I said, I doubt he was able to with anything regarding samus... I mean yes I know its hard to keep up with a conversation that did not involve you, but when you do butt in, at least get your facts straight ^_^

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry you think opinions are trolling, but I really just don't like you.
Whenever someone says something against any of your opinions or ideas, you like to say the topic is dead like some little kid with control issues. This is a reoccurring issue with you.
I've tried light humor with you, I've tried talking to you like an adult, I even tried philosophy.
I don't like you, and the only one to blame for that is you. Your forum voice needs adjustments.

LURK MOAR

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Ph00t if you actually read what I said... "I was only defending my original comment, which was productive," which was about playing Esam, Eli felt it necessary to say that he was able to teach Esam stuff he didn't know, and I said, I doubt he was able to with anything regarding samus... I mean yes I know its hard to keep up with a conversation that did not involve you, but when you do butt in, at least get your facts straight ^_^
But your response to Eli was not productive. Therefore it was unnecessary, and if you'd followed your own advice, you would never have said it.

Eli's post was to a degree self-serving, sure, and maybe this wasn't exactly the place to talk about it, but overall, he was contributing rather nicely to the good ol' cockride everyone was giving ESAM, there. Eli said nothing inherently negative; on the contrary, you brought the negativity for no reason other than to place your posts in a higher place of importance than Eli's.

Litt

Samus
Umm, sorry, just the fact that you agree dickriding occurred, that makes my original post the one where I discussed playing esam, ergo I did follow my advice, despite your best attempts to prove me otherwise. Seriously, drop this now, you are just wasting your time and will lose this argument.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
LOL. Wow.

Anyway I never said or implied I could teach him something about Samus, I meant P:M as a game because I know he doesn't really play it that much and I do. That's it, it's really that simple. It's a Samus forum, yea, but that's besides the point because I was making a general statement about the game, and this is a sub-forum about a specific character in this game. Lmao I can't believe the reaction.

Anyways, DMG is spot on with his analysis of the situation.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
LOL. Wow.

Anyway I never said or implied I could teach him something about Samus, I meant P:M as a game because I know he doesn't really play it that much and I do. That's it, it's really that simple. It's a Samus forum, yea, but that's besides the point because I was making a general statement about the game, and this is a sub-forum about a specific character in this game. Lmao I can't believe the reaction.

Anyways, DMG is spot on with his analysis of the situation.
Less talk, more trying to get potential good Samus mains interested in P:M.

Please? :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Umm, sorry, just the fact that you agree ****riding occurred, that makes my original post the one where I discussed playing esam, ergo I did follow my advice, despite your best attempts to prove me otherwise. Seriously, drop this now, you are just wasting your time and will lose this argument.
I guess that's well enough; I don't understand what you mean by this post.

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I have to experiment with this more, but at close range, I've found the boost ball to be so useful. It comes out quick so I've interrupted a lot of attacks with, since you're holding down you'll crouch cancel anything, it clashes with a lot of stuff, and goes under projectiles really nicely. I usually do a turn around jab, Ftilt, or sometimes smash attack (depending on how much hit stun my opponent has) after it hits but I'm sure there are more options. I've found it to be awesome against Link and SHL happy Falcos.

Last edited:

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
The oli I play against likes to use b mid air to get that extra lil jump, which, if used properly, can make oli "float" in a particular spot for a moment longer. Since samus's aerials are pretty sluggish after you bring them out, like if you were to try and approach him with any aerial, olimar can punish you with practically anything. I kinda think this is the biggest obstacle for samus in the matchup because of this little technique's ability to also be over the majority of missiles you can manage to shoot.

Besides that tho oli vs. samus is pretty 50-50

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
But Samus can Dair Olimar for free. I'd put the MU way in her favor just because she's got a fast spike, which is all it takes to guarantee a kill against Olimar once he's offstage.

DanlulZ

Smash Cadet
I just started trying her out in PM really smooth with great zoning control and off stage presence I feel im already starting to see more of her

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
But Samus can Dair Olimar for free. I'd put the MU way in her favor just because she's got a fast spike, which is all it takes to guarantee a kill against Olimar once he's offstage.
True, but only at the appropriate percentile range in which olimar couldn't cancel the momentum, which mind you is what I would guess to be upper 70's. Even so, trying to spike with dair is something you'd want to do when your opponent has a vertical recovery (Mario, luigi) or predictable horizontal ones (DK, Bowser, etc)
Olimar can definitely cross you up with his tether mechanics. You'd want to stick to something thats a bit faster. Ledge hogging works if you don't get faired by him, or get any OG Purp pikmin thrown at you. Either way you can just tether re grab the ledge for dat easy invincibility.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I don't really remember any particularly good ones to go for. He might fall victim to a down throw to ice fair at kill percentage tho

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
I don't really remember any particularly good ones to go for. He might fall victim to a down throw to ice fair at kill percentage tho
Will keep in mind.
The only extensive experience I have is against M2. Which I tend to win with Samus because confusion reflected missiles get devoured by charge beam.

Top Bottom