• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Same Shine as Brawl, how do you feel about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you think it will be improved? Or do you think it is the same?

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Falco's Brawl shine was one of the most awkward moves in the entire series, yet... I still found it to be a really good move!

As long as it has a good chance of tripping, while having manageable enough end-lag to follow up a tripped opponent, then I'm fine with it. It's a good tool to punish rolls.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I liked his Brawl reflector. I abused the ever-loving **** out of it. So I'm glad it's back.

Theberzerker

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0803-5110
I loved SHDL>reflector out of the autocancel. If they trip I would walk forward and if they roll towards me or stand up I would punish with Fsmash or Ftilt.

Really hope the reflector protects your back again this time, if only for a couple of frames.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Falco's Shine was one of my favorite moves of his, it was great for quick ambushes in between other attacks or at least could be used to distract or screw them up a bit. From what I recall it could also be used as a meteor smash, very useful if you're not the only one trying to get back on the stage from one side.

Tbh I don't think Falco had many flaws at all in Brawl, other than the lack of an Arwing for a Final Smash. So yeah, I'm glad this move's back and pretty much the same as far as we know.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered it was actually Fox's Shine that meteor smashed, Falco's sent people upward instead. Still useful for setting up potential combos though. I'm glad it seems to be like this still.

Man I haven't played Brawl in a long time...

Last edited:

HdTyvek

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-1655-5444
Wasnt a big fan of it in brawl. that being said, never played brawl above button mashing so guess ill see when i get my hands on it. im open to change my opinion

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Not a fan tbh. I never got used to any of the changes from melee to brawl when it comes to falco and he was one of my melee mains.

I'm open to see its properties here though. Im excited to play as him.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
He's been my main since Melee pretty much. Love his shine pressure/shine combos in Melee/PM, but I've always loved the Brawl shine. Not even because it's a decent poke or anything, just because how "Falco" it looks. He just doesn't give a **** about Slippy's intentions for the item, he just kicks it at you.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Just wondering, does Falco's Reflector hit twice if it's close enough like Wolf's Blaster? I don't remember that being the case in Brawl, but it'd be logical if Falco's kick counts as an attack along with the Reflector.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I liked it in Brawl. It was different enough and very useful even compared to Fox's shine.

It's not like shine into combos were making a super strong comeback in this game anyway. Look at poor Fox's nerfed ass shine lol

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
I'd always use the shine to stop approaches with its decent range and huge hitbox. Will likely do the same in smash 4 whenever I play falco.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Ugh I hate it when people call it "shine". It's his reflector, guys.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
In any case, the Melee reflector would have been able to pillar, though not as effectively since the weak hits don't spike anymore...

If the reflector can trip, then it's a really good move. Also since chain grabs are removed, Falco can use the reflector as a damage racker out of d throw.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Pretty cool even though I am not a falco main. Might try him out cause I am going to be playing this game for DAYZ

Tony Montana

Smash Rookie
I don't really want it, but maybe there will be a custom move that will be way better.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't really want it, but maybe there will be a custom move that will be way better.
Like a reverse Reflector? Instead of kicking it, Falco sends fragments of the Reflector in 4 directions. Actually, this might be a move that Fox should get since Fox's Reflector is stationary.

Last edited:

capn'

Smash Rookie
I actually really like the changes brawl brought to his reflector, it served as a clutch get off me attack.

With the nerf they've made to his lasers in this game (RIP FFSHL), I think his reflector is going to be paramount to his spacing game.

The prospect of custom moves is exciting too, I have a hard time imagining they wouldn't put in a neutral reflector akin to his melee days. We'll see though, I'm exciting the bird's back either way.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Ugh I hate it when people call it "shine". It's his reflector, guys.
Oh, so THAT'S what a shine is. Thank you. I was reading this and had no idea what I was looking at.

In that case, I'm pretty happy with that. Any way to differentiate him from Fox is great, and it's useful in its own right.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Is anyone in agreement that falco's melee "shine" should have been a available option for his down b custom? Way to leave us hanging,sakurai.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I really don't mind either way. Could've been better though but at least he still got it.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I hate his brawl shine it is limited in uses compared to the melee one. It is not that great at reflecting things.

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
I hate his brawl shine it is limited in uses compared to the melee one. It is not that great at reflecting things.
No its awesome at reflecting things and safer, also makes chances of the reflected projectiles to hit enemies much more possible. Like villagers tree you can stand farther back out than fox. Not to mention since it comes out farther enemies have less time to react to things coming back like lucarios charge shot basically any projectile.

In brawl It caused trips and if you spammed it he never put it away so projectiles never got a chance to hit him.

In Sm4sh it has a point where he puts it away even if you spam it. So thats been changed however the range at which is travels to is a little bit larger I've noticed and causes more trips, Really annoys people coming back onto the stage and off trips you can get easy forward smash kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom