• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salty Toon Link Counter-picks on For Glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
What's up with salty Toon Link counter-picks against Sonic on For Glory? I've noticed lately that whenever I body someone as Sonic, the next match usually sees my opponent picking Toon Link even though it's obvious they don't play the character and don;t properly know how to use him.

What gives here? Why specifically Toon Link? It's not a positive match-up for the little green elf-dude, and I tend to just body them even harder. Is it that they want to try to wall me out with projectiles? If that's the case then Duck Hunt is a better option. They also spam down air a lot.

I know it's bad, and some what salted, people trying to take a game off Sonic, but why Toon Link of all characters?

I want to ask the Toon Link boards, but first i wanted to see if any other Sonic mains here have had a similar experience. What do you guys think?

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
I guess they believe online lag will help them hitting with projectile spam and walling.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Pretty much this^

Projectiles are a pain if you're not able to PS consistently.

Not to mention the be-hit-by-a-projectile-and-then-land-with-airdodge-lag-because-you-tried-to-PS-but-lag-screwed-you-up scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom