• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Salem Smashfests Sundays - Pokken Tournament & Project: M! (Weekly)

Salem Smashfests Sundays - Pokken Tournament & Project: M! (Weekly)
Posted by Jaxas
GameStar
Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Crap, I'm really sorry everyone but due to some stuff coming up super last minute it looks like tomorrow will end up having to be cancelled; apologies, but hopefully we'll see you all next week!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Congratulations to everyone who made it on the PR for this update cycle!

===== Smash 4 =====
1st) K-****
2nd) CRimZ
3rd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
4th) 9Tales
5th) Summer Heat
6th) MeowMC
7th) Salt City
8th) Jitio
9th) TheSuperiorTaste
10th) Mace

===== Project M =====
1st) Bubbles
2nd) G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer
3rd) Charey

===== Melee =====
1st) Bubbles
2nd) Much Man Randy Passion
3rd) Saucy Pirate

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, slight change of plans for this weekend (also, my bad for not making the pre-reg sheets this week)!

Saturday will be happening like normal, just without preregistration - just show up and we'll get you in in that order.

Sunday however will NOT be happening, due to the store closing very early for the company Christmas party!

Also, next weekend (December 17th & 18th), there will be a different scheduling conflict with GameStar so there will be NO SALEM SMASHFEST TOURNAMENTS NEXT WEEK.

Thanks, and see you there tomorrow!

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a reminder that there will be NO SALEM SMASHFEST EVENTS until 2017!
See you in January, but NOT this weekend!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, got a bit of bad news - sounds like GameStar is actually busy the weekend of January 7th & 8th as well, so we won't be hosting a tournament that weekend either unfortunately.

Pending further issues, we'll be returning on the weekend of January 14th and 15th, however!

There is one more issue though, and that is that GameStar needs all available space in their backroom for that weekend, meaning we need to store the TVs we have somewhere else for that weekend.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to store them at my place - is there anyone in the area who could help out with that?

Thanks!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, just a heads up but on February 4th and 5th (not this weekend but the following) we will NOT be having any tournaments!

There is a Magic the Gathering happening at GameStar again that day, and we'll need people to grab the TVs so they have the maximum amount of space - anyone who can help with that, please let me know!

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey everyone, news time!
Effective immediately, G~Man, the Cosmic Destroyer is the official Head TO of the Salem Smashfests, and will be taking over pretty-much all of the day-to-day runnings of the Salem Smashfests.

Alongside this, we will have
- Saucy Pirate as the Lead Sunday TO
- 9Tales as the Assistant Sunday TO
- And many members of the community also assisting with running and organizing everything (tons of people here, so sorry I'm not gonna tag all of you)

The reason for this is because unfortunately... I'm stepping away from the Smash scene for a while.
I'm sure people have noticed that I've been missing as often as not lately; this has been for a number of different reasons but mostly comes down to school taking up more and more of my time, a bit of a lack of drive to play (that's starting to come back - unfortunate timing, lol), and transportation.

The main thing that's caused me to back off though has been because I've actually moved now!
As of last week, I now live in Lancaster ("The opposite side of Salem from GameStar", for people who don't know Salem very well), and don't have a very good way of making it over there reliably.

I'll still be around (I'll probably be "That guy who used to TO but now manages stuff" forever, lol), and I'll be swinging by to compete sometimes as well, but for the forseeable future I'm going to be gone more often than not.

Thanks to everyone who's made it out to all the tournaments we've ran while I was the Head TO, I've had a great time hanging out with all of you!

See all of you around, and I'll absolutely be there at the Salem Smashfests: 3-Year Special Edition (...or whatever better name for it we hopefully come up with)!

Top Bottom