• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's wishes

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I can understand a small stage list is for efficiently running tournaments. In an ideal world we'd have time for larger stage lists, multiple side events like doubles, triples, squad strike, etc without having to have only one. Most other reasons are kind of dubious to me.

I've said before and I'll say it again: with FD/BF forms being identical for every stage, the competitive seen better actually use them. I can understand not wanting to play on a stage with a hectic background like Umbra Clock Tower, or stages with music violating copyrights on stream. But if we all just go with default stages we'll have failed Sakurai.

I hope stage morph can work out, it has a lot of potential. I'm not really on board with metered FS, especially after seeing Lucas' pitiful excuse for an FS.
P.S. Stage Morph gives us the option to use music from another stage on another stage! XD...
Anyways, Castlevania uses a lot of public domain songs, and the Mario Bros. Stage also has a public domain song.
Other songs that appear to violate copyright, have been contracted by the company that owns the game music.
Also, change 15% of the music notes, modify the tempo and beat and it doesn't violate copyright. Lyric copyright is an entirely separate issue, and Lyrics quoted in a song are harder to pass off as a coincidence. plus Mozart admitted to taking some fragments of his works from Bach and Bethoven and others.
There is no new music, only new compositions. Lyrics can be a whole other battlefield.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Sexism is much easier to promote, and Disney and Nick have been doing a good job of promoting sexism is shows like Henry Danger and Frozen. As for racism, it's limited to small pools of people who gather in larger groups online than they do in person.

As for Daisy's popularity, she receives a significant amount of votes in the Mushroom Kingdom's top 4 royals polls with King Boo Rosalina and Daisy being more popular than Peach for a majority of circles.

As for Coco, she's generally Crash's mechanic, sidekick, leader, brainy sister. And she's generally more important to Crash's team than Crunch. and more important to Crash's team than Lucina is to the Fire Emblem series. And Coco is also more important and helpful to Crash in his world saving antics, than let's say Peach has been in helping Mario. (In fact Peach sometimes causes trouble like she did in The Thousand Year Door)
My personal opinion is that Coco should've gotten in before Cloud for two reasons and two reasons only....
...Cloud is not yet on a Nintendo console aside from Smash. And Coco Bandicoot would make an excellent Echo given that her animations for Smash would already be 80% complete by the time production for Crash and Coco begins.
I think a lot of times society see's problems when there is none, a movie or tv episode may have an all white male cast but that does not mean the person who wrote the story hates colored people or women. It could just be how he envisioned his story. I never hear of anyone complaining of an all black cast. Are there racist people? of course? are the majority of people racist? no, Media has made it out way worse then it actually is. For every bad cap there is 100 good ones just doing there job but ppl want you to think the other way around since protesting has become a fad lately.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I think a lot of times society see's problems when there is none, a movie or tv episode may have an all white male cast but that does not mean the person who wrote the story hates colored people or women. It could just be how he envisioned his story. I never hear of anyone complaining of an all black cast. Are there racist people? of course? are the majority of people racist? no, Media has made it out way worse then it actually is. For every bad cap there is 100 good ones just doing there job but ppl want you to think the other way around since protesting has become a fad lately.
I'm referring to only one of the characters in Henry Danger not having extreme sexism. They're all either man-hating or women hating. I'm actually not opposed to movies with an all white, all black, or all Asian, or all Hispanic cast, I'm just opposed to seeing movies that reflect hatred as being an acceptable standard, or the promotion of "find your perfect prince charming" movies, actually Frozen was kind of good in regards to that, but I still didn't like Elsa's song about unleashing her Icy Wrath upon her homeland. Hatred is not a good message to be sending the kids unless you show the consequences of hatred. Conversely, I do think it's good to show a little realism and portray the hardships of helping other people in a way that neither condemns helping, nor acts as if there's some hidden reward for it other than what someone personally decides to feel about the results.

Honestly, I think clastism is far more of an issue. Specifically that for years, the struggling artist has always been the job of the poor, for one reason and one reason only, that those born into misfortune bring a level of hardship into their artwork that is truly a masterpiece. I do think that in the case of an artist, fame is not merely for the wealthy class. Fame is an intangible reward that can get some "fresh genes" into the arts industries that can actually increase the quality of middle budget productions by having an assistant lead artist as the current lead artist's student, and possible adopted successor, if they prove themselves in both management, and in the labor of "birthing" new masterpieces. A benefit of having a former middle to low class artist co-managing an art studio, is that they can sometimes be willing to use some of their own resources into the project in addition to the management costs if the artist knows that their personal loss is worth the success of their department.

Last edited:
Top Bottom