• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's wishes

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I just ready this article on EventHubs earlier and it kinda breaks my heart. As stated in the article, Sakurai listens and has been watching tournament play of Smash for a very long time. And Smash Ultimate is his answer to keeping it open to casuals while allowing the high level of skill we know and love from Smash Bros. The reason it breaks my heart is because, in Sakurai's own words, he and his team have created all this content in hopes that we add variety to the game. Yet here we are and from what I've seen a large portion of the Smash community is already against trying new things. I may be wrong and I may have just been subjected to the bad parts of the community so far.

But it still pains me inside that Sakurai and his team have worked so hard to bring us so much, yet we neglect all that hard work. I just hope and pray that we as the Smash community honor Sakurai and his team's hard work and dedication to us and we venture out to improve and enhance our tournament scene. We've been stagnant for far too long. So please, let us welcome Smash Ultimate with open arms and embrace the joy and variety Sakurai wishes us to experience.

Article link: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...ld-make-development-easier-s-not-what-series/

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
We argue because we love, and we can't come to an understanding or acceptance of what we truly desire without polishing them against those of others, that's just how human beings are. I don't think anybody would be here on this board discussing, arguing, speculation, or posting Sakurai quotes if we didn't like the series or appreciate what Sakurai does.

Sure, you may have solipsistic ingrates every now and then, but compared to the passionate fans who bothered to make an account on a board literally dedicated to 1 single series, they're the vast minority.

Last edited:

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
We argue because we love, and we can't come to an understanding or acceptance of what we truly desire without polishing them against those of others, that's just how human beings are. I don't think anybody would be here on this board discussing, arguing, speculation, or posting Sakurai quotes if we didn't like the series or appreciate what Sakurai does.

Sure, you may have solipsistic ingrates every now and then, but compared to the passionate fans who bothered to make an account on a board literally dedicated to 1 single series, they're the vast minority.
Like I said, I probably have just seen/heard the worst of it. But so far, I keep hearing people cry out about how we don't need any of these additional features. I mean, just the other day I saw someone literally say, "It's not Melee so I don't like it and I'm not going to support it." Literally, gave no other reasoning other than because it's not Smash Bros Melee. I'd hate for these kinds of people's comments to find their way into Sakurai's inbox. It's so hurtful

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Haters already trying to keep the legal stage list tiny for the sake of keeping it tiny. Prism Tower, hazardless Magicant, hazardless Find Mii, New Donk City, maybe even hazardless Brinstar depending on how the weird ligaments are handeled should all be legal I say!

As much as my previous statement was 100% serious, on a more serious note, I really do see a problem with much of the new content being ignored. But, oh well, I wouldn't worry about Sakurai too much, I'm sure the years of criticism have hardened him.

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
Haters already trying to keep the legal stage list tiny for the sake of keeping it tiny. Prism Tower, hazardless Magicant, hazardless Find Mii, New Donk City, maybe even hazardless Brinstar depending on how the weird ligaments are handeled should all be legal I say!

As much as my previous statement was 100% serious, on a more serious note, I really do see a problem with much of the new content being ignored. But, oh well, I wouldn't worry about Sakurai too much, I'm sure the years of criticism have hardened him.
I know, I know. They are grown professionals and I shouldn't need to "watch out" for them per say. But still it just hurts me, knowing all this will just go unnoticed. But I do have a glimmer of hope. Recently, I found out that all, if not, a lot of the pro and high level players from Smash Melee and Smash 4 are going to use a lot of the new features and stages in Smash Ultimate for a while, then see what fits better for tournament play. So my hope is for a little while, at least we'll see all the cool new stuff on the big screen and hopefully a lot of it stays.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I know, I know. They are grown professionals and I shouldn't need to "watch out" for them per say. But still it just hurts me, knowing all this will just go unnoticed. But I do have a glimmer of hope. Recently, I found out that all, if not, a lot of the pro and high level players from Smash Melee and Smash 4 are going to use a lot of the new features and stages in Smash Ultimate for a while, then see what fits better for tournament play. So my hope is for a little while, at least we'll see all the cool new stuff on the big screen and hopefully a lot of it stays.
Grown professionals? Ha, I just mean that Sakurai probably already accepts the cold, dark truths of the Smash community and isn't bothered by the Melee only types anymore. Fear not, my friend, I will not cease my campaign until there are at least 20 legal stages, stage morph is viable if not commonplace, and the conservative mindset of Smashboards is flattened! Or I get banned for defying the norm with constant mad ravings about Prism Tower, whichever comes first!

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
Grown professionals? Ha, I just mean that Sakurai probably already accepts the cold, dark truths of the Smash community and isn't bothered by the Melee only types anymore. Fear not, my friend, I will not cease my campaign until there are at least 20 legal stages, stage morph is viable if not commonplace, and the conservative mindset of Smashboards is flattened! Or I get banned for defying the norm with constant mad ravings about Prism Tower, whichever comes first!
I'm with you on that!

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

Seriously, what is with the obsession with keeping the legal stage list tiny? Games being nothing but FD, Battlefield, and Smashville are not entertaining to watch IMHO (especially Smashville, at least BF and FD have good music). Then again, my first thought when seeing all the Ultimate stages was something along the lines of "Have fun making that ban list, *****!"

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Seriously, what is with the obsession with keeping the legal stage list tiny? Games being nothing but FD, Battlefield, and Smashville are not entertaining to watch. Then again, my first thought when seeing all the Ultimate stages was something along the lines of "Have fun making that ban list, *****!"
Something, something "too hard to remember" is one excuse. Almost as hard to remember as the specific matchups against around 80 characters? I've been pushing for a more liberal stage list but I have no idea if these knuckleheads that organize legal stagelists will listen, won't stop me from making awesome and irrefutable arguments in favor of more creative stages though!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If the community wants one thing, and Sakurai chooses to give them another, why should I feel sorry for him?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Something, something "too hard to remember" is one excuse. Almost as hard to remember as the specific matchups against around 80 characters? I've been pushing for a more liberal stage list but I have no idea if these knuckleheads that organize legal stagelists will listen, won't stop me from making awesome and irrefutable arguments in favor of more creative stages though!
Welp, with Battlefield and Omega forms being more standardized (likely meaning less jank) and turning hazards off being an option, the only reason not to have Random Battlefield or Random Omega in one of the (likely many) Tourney Rulesets is due to certain music getting caught by filters and the audio muted because music in smash is weird like that

Khao

Smash Lord
If the community wants one thing, and Sakurai chooses to give them another, why should I feel sorry for him?
What's "the community"?

How do you specifically give a community exactly what they want when it's composed of around 10.000.000 individual voices with different hopes and desires?

If you don't see the extent of what they've done with this game (even the previous one) to please as many people as possible you simply have unreasonable (and possibly even selfish) expectations.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I say again and again: Sakurai is not going to please every fan, especially the competitive crowd no matter the mechanics implemented they desire. If there is one thing I know from experience and observation: competitive communities of a popular online product are a good source of toxicity; an amalgamation of typical consumer entitlement, high stress environments(in-game), purism, and hell, even internet memes.

I'm impressed by Sakurai's dedication. He may go back on his word when it comes to implementing new fighters that in the past, had disagreed with(Ridley and Chrom are examples), or the past Smash games at the time being his "last" Smash but he continues going so far to make it all work, a bite better than his bark. Sakurai may be burdened with a spoiled, never 100% satisfied community, but I do have the impression that he loves the series as much as we do, because that passion is -there-.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
How do you specifically give a community exactly what they want when it's composed of around 10.000.000 individual voices with different hopes and desires?
Sounds like a good response to OP.

But a bit more to the point, it's the competitive community that OP is complaining about, and it's that community that Sakurai most frequently snubs.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Depends who you talk to.
The competitive side can be harsher, and what would you expect from people who are trying to reach the 'best'... which can be pretty idealistic, which can mean putting down what doesn't seem good for that in their eyes. They're focused on what contributes to that, so they don't care about all the other fancy stuff, well, some of them at least.

There's the other side too, with people who like smash in general and love all the little features and stages.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
Very important note btw. When people say that they don't need something on this board, it's not only important to read what they say, but the context as well. Because some things really don't belong in competitive play because of how they detract from the idea of the better player winning under neutral conditions. Hence why we don't use items and avoid stages with hazards.

And if somebody really doesn't like the game just because it isn't melee, then too bad, so sad, guess I won't be seeing them online or in tourney lol.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i frequently just see people complaining instead of being grateful... i see far more negative than positive, but maybe it's just bad luck.

i've always loved smash, and other than being passionate in my support of characters, like ridley, and clearly broken hearted whenever he wasn't playable in previous games, i've never been ungrateful for what we did get.

there is a difference between passion, and just being ungrateful and spreading hate.

i've seen so many competitive parts of the fanbase that make me wonder why sakurai hasn't just given up on the series, since they do nothing but rip everything apart and spew venom.

maybe there are some good people in that part of the fanbase, but you can't deny that it's overwhelmingly toxic.

i just wanna have fun, and sakurai and his team provide that... so far, everything i've seen that ultimate is bringing to us, looks AMAZING.

it's far more than i could've ever hoped for, really... and i couldn't possibly be more grateful or excited for it.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
i frequently just see people complaining instead of being grateful... i see far more negative than positive, but maybe it's just bad luck.

i've always loved smash, and other than being passionate in my support of characters, like ridley, and clearly broken hearted whenever he wasn't playable in previous games, i've never been ungrateful for what we did get.

there is a difference between passion, and just being ungrateful and spreading hate.

i've seen so many competitive parts of the fanbase that make me wonder why sakurai hasn't just given up on the series, since they do nothing but rip everything apart and spew venom.

maybe there are some good people in that part of the fanbase, but you can't deny that it's overwhelmingly toxic.

i just wanna have fun, and sakurai and his team provide that... so far, everything i've seen that ultimate is bringing to us, looks AMAZING.

it's far more than i could've ever hoped for, really... and i couldn't possibly be more grateful or excited for it.
Yeah, it's why I stay away from the GameFAQs threads because while the site is good for guides, I've seen the threads there described as "Running around Chernobyl naked with your skin peeled off." Then again, I only really check out Smashboards and Reddit for smash stuff (and I stay the **** away from /r/kappa)

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's why I stay away from the GameFAQs threads because while the site is good for guides, I've seen the threads there described as "Running around Chernobyl naked with your skin peeled off." Then again, I only really check out Smashboards and Reddit for smash stuff (and I stay the **** away from /r/kappa)
i can confirm... that such a description is an understatement.

i've been there since 2002, and i've had to take several long breaks from it in order to recover from the sheer toxicity... there ARE some good people there, though.

well, in general... not sure about the smash-related boards, specifically.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I just ready this article on EventHubs earlier and it kinda breaks my heart. As stated in the article, Sakurai listens and has been watching tournament play of Smash for a very long time. And Smash Ultimate is his answer to keeping it open to casuals while allowing the high level of skill we know and love from Smash Bros. The reason it breaks my heart is because, in Sakurai's own words, he and his team have created all this content in hopes that we add variety to the game. Yet here we are and from what I've seen a large portion of the Smash community is already against trying new things. I may be wrong and I may have just been subjected to the bad parts of the community so far.
I find it frustrating enough that players are bashing Crash Bandicoot as a "4th Party character" when he is in fact going to become a seriously relevant topic in Japan this Fall, especially with Sega promoting the game.
Spyro, I can understand only getting in if Crash and Coco get in, but I can't quite understand why Crash Bandicoot shouldn't make the cut aside from bad intercompany relations. (With Activision, not Sony)

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
i can confirm... that such a description is an understatement.

i've been there since 2002, and i've had to take several long breaks from it in order to recover from the sheer toxicity... there ARE some good people there, though.

well, in general... not sure about the smash-related boards, specifically.
It needs a mod that does his job, I would have deleted half the topics posted there.

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I really appreciate all the support and enthusiasm! I'm really glad to see people who are willing to stand with Sakurai and his team and bring his passion to light. But I definitely don't want this to be a bashing thread. I was just trying to bring to light a recent interview with Sakurai and explaining my feelings about why I am very excited for this game, but sad at the same time. I would very much LOVE it if we could convince people to accept change rather than try to force it.

EDIT: I was just trying to vent a little, showing my pains with people so uptight already about things in the game without giving it the slightest chance. That was all.

Last edited:

Master_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I find it frustrating enough that players are bashing Crash Bandicoot as a "4th Party character" when he is in fact going to become a seriously relevant topic in Japan this Fall, especially with Sega promoting the game.
Spyro, I can understand only getting in if Crash and Coco get in, but I can't quite understand why Crash Bandicoot shouldn't make the cut aside from bad intercompany relations. (With Activision, not Sony)
I made a thread a little while ago about some characters a friend and I thought would be good candidates for Smash Ultimate. You can't post to it now as it was integrated into the main thread, but I would recommend checking it out!

https://smashboards.com/threads/list-of-potential-characters-w-explanations.457264/

I personally don't know if Crash, Spyro, or Banjo will have a reasonable chance at making it in, but I do think they would be a welcomed addition. Personally, I don't really have too much interest in the characters. But don't get me wrong! I've played the first 4 Spyro games, played the first and third Crash games as well as Tag Team Racing, and I've played the first two Banjo games. I love the characters very much, but I personally don't think they need to be in Smash Ultimate. However, I will still be happy if they make it in as a fighter on the roster or Assist Trophy ^_^

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest with you, this applies to every franchise and developer that spawns a passionate community of some kind.

Smash has what you've described, Monster Hunter has the purists and elitists, Zelda has those that will never let go of the past regardless of current release quality, and the list goes on and on.

It's especially coherent in competitive games as well as team-based games. Do a single thing that isn't hyperoptimal in some random guy's eyes? You can expect a death threat by the morrow.

I'll plagiarize an above statement in this thread but with a slightly different context. It's just human nature. We idealize our own cravings, no matter how unrealistic and antagonizing they may be.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
A lot of series have unpleasable fanbases. Sonic, Batman, Superman, X-Men, Metroid, Spider-Man, etc. Just about every fanbase get divided.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai should cater to the competitive scene. I'm not saying he needs to create another SSBM. I'm saying characters should be able to combo to a degree and be balanced. If there are people who want to play casually, they can. They don't have to learn the full mechanics of the game. They probably wouldn't even care. Being competitive doesn't mean one doesn't want to goof off every now and then, or isn't interested in an adventure mode or other options to select besides a normal mode. That's what I think. I can't even imagine how much time and effort Sakurai and his team put in to making a video game for millions of fans. I'm happy as is with what we have.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman

Crash, Rayman and Banjo-Kazooie are the three characters that MUST be in Smash Ultimate. Together with Mario and Donkey Kong, they are the some of the main plataform games ever. This is even more relevant with Ubisoft supporting Nintendo, and Crash finalle being released on the console too.

With all stages having a Omega and Battlefield form and without Hazards, there's no reason to most of them, instead of just a few, be avaiable on tournaments. Or high-level players are really so affected to different backgrounds? This is a very poor excuse.

Also, if everything just remains the same as possible as Melee, the competitive comunity of the game will never grow, it will just be the same size of Melee, and eventually Melee players will just keep playing Melee after some time. If everything becomes the same, it will be boring. So, I think that if people wants Ultimate to be a really big thing, it should actually do things differently, paying attention to what Melee and the players of Melee say, but actually trying to do his own thing, and not trying to please them, cause it will be impossible. It will be impossible, it will make the game boring for the big ammount of people that will start to play Ultimate and all people that will start to play the game on Ultimate, or started on the WiiU game.

They should do tournament in a totally different way, with different rules and using all the good things Ultimate is bringing to the table.
A huge ammount of people is going to play this game on Switch, and making the rules the same as decades ago will not make the competitive Smash grow, but will make it uninteresting for many of these new people.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
While i see why a lot of people have doubts regarding the fs meter (some of those doubts i actually agree on, even if Final Smashes are way more balanced and non intrusive than ever) I see A LOT of potential in teh stage morph mechanic, specially since you can setup the transitions at set intervals. meaning that the transitions will never be random elements and players can plan ahead of them and strategize.

Stage morph will certainly give an edge to players able to think some steps ahead, but i don't think thats a bad thing. and can make some of the stages with walkoffs, camp spots and sharking more tolerable. since during stage morph you wont be able to keep camping those spots.

That being said... I can see a stage morph stage list being a big nightmare. maybe it could be implementated into 2 stagelist, one first stage (where we have the more neutral and balanced stages) and a second stage lists, (where we have more complex stages)

Still probably the biggest issue regarding this is the "why fix what aint broke?" idea.. and honestly is a legit way of thinking.

I really hope this becomes big as kinda side event thing, like 3v3 with stage morph, where teams can have particular strategies for the morph times.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Crash, Rayman and Banjo-Kazooie are the three characters that MUST be in Smash Ultimate. Together with Mario and Donkey Kong, they are the some of the main plataform games ever. This is even more relevant with Ubisoft supporting Nintendo, and Crash finalle being released on the console too.

With all stages having a Omega and Battlefield form and without Hazards, there's no reason to most of them, instead of just a few, be avaiable on tournaments. Or high-level players are really so affected to different backgrounds? This is a very poor excuse.

Also, if everything just remains the same as possible as Melee, the competitive comunity of the game will never grow, it will just be the same size of Melee, and eventually Melee players will just keep playing Melee after some time. If everything becomes the same, it will be boring. So, I think that if people wants Ultimate to be a really big thing, it should actually do things differently, paying attention to what Melee and the players of Melee say, but actually trying to do his own thing, and not trying to please them, cause it will be impossible. It will be impossible, it will make the game boring for the big ammount of people that will start to play Ultimate and all people that will start to play the game on Ultimate, or started on the WiiU game.

They should do tournament in a totally different way, with different rules and using all the good things Ultimate is bringing to the table.
A huge ammount of people is going to play this game on Switch, and making the rules the same as decades ago will not make the competitive Smash grow, but will make it uninteresting for many of these new people.
Only issue I can see with the Omega/Battlefield forms is the issue with music licensing (unless that problem gets solved) which I think resulted in a blanket ban for Omegas in Smash 4. As for everything else, I just hope the competitive community becomes more open to new ideas because the impressions I get is that of people who hate change and only want to play the same game modes with the same settings on the same 3 stages (Final Destination, Battlefield, and Smashville).

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Why would anyone treat Crash Bandicoot as a 4th Party? He hardly appeared outside of video games and he has been appearing on Nintendo consoles since The Wrath of Cortex.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Why would anyone treat Crash Bandicoot as a 4th Party? He hardly appeared outside of video games and he has been appearing on Nintendo consoles since The Wrath of Cortex.
They kept claiming Crash to be a "Sony Exclusive" which everyone's response is to point out how many Nintendo exclusive games Crash has had compared to the number of Playstation exclusives. The Sony fanbase is really stubborn, especially today.

Also, I do believe racism and sexism is involved in the movement against Smash Ultimate's new direction. People being upset that Princess Daisy became a clone of Peach is in two split imperatives: on one hand, you have people saying that Princess Daisy should have moves from Sports games and Party Games. On the other hand you have sexist pigs saying that Princess Daisy is an abomination because women can't be strong and independent.

You also have the same thing with Inklings, where Female Inkling is portrayed as the primary outfit, and some of the outfits have darker skin tones. And the new character announcements in the e3 Direct were of a gender equal number.
Opposed to past Smash Bros games where the only dark skinned playable character had been Ganondorf.
This seems to tick off a large group of wealthy sexist and racist jerks, and a few bullies that troll *cough* PC master/slave racists *cough *cough
There's just a lot of PC gamers out there that think they're gonna lose support for Project M (which I agree is a violation of copyright law), losing support for it due to this game's release.
And a lot of people who think 'Sony is (even though Sony isn't) god' are now placing Nintendo and Activision as devils who have stolen Crash from Playstation.

There is a spirit of animosity permeating our world, a desire to treat intelegent beings as if they're another species or a lower life form, and a desire to abuse animals is growing in popularity too. Attempting to equalize animals with humans is simply a second head on this movement to legalize abominations such as cannibalism and "alpha theory" as law.

Last edited:

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even notice, on my end, it didn't show my comment as the last comment on the page.

I made a thread a little while ago about some characters a friend and I thought would be good candidates for Smash Ultimate. You can't post to it now as it was integrated into the main thread, but I would recommend checking it out!

https://smashboards.com/threads/list-of-potential-characters-w-explanations.457264/

I personally don't know if Crash, Spyro, or Banjo will have a reasonable chance at making it in, but I do think they would be a welcomed addition. Personally, I don't really have too much interest in the characters. But don't get me wrong! I've played the first 4 Spyro games, played the first and third Crash games as well as Tag Team Racing, and I've played the first two Banjo games. I love the characters very much, but I personally don't think they need to be in Smash Ultimate. However, I will still be happy if they make it in as a fighter on the roster or Assist Trophy ^_^
you can try posting in the Crash and Spyro character support threads. Someone quote me if they want to help me design a moveset for Coco for a Coco Bandicoot Support Thread.
https://smashboards.com/threads/let...-spyro-reignites-super-smash-brothers.453372/
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...for-smash-thread.446452/page-17#post-22287790

A lot of series have unpleasable fanbases. Sonic, Batman, Superman, X-Men, Metroid, Spider-Man, etc. Just about every fanbase get divided.
The Batman and Superman comic fanbase being divided can be explained by the lack of consistency in the art style within a single comic book. Also people laughed at me when I said I read the Batman "Hush" comic, in color. They insisted it was never printed in color.

Sonic's fanbase being unpleasable can be explained by the fact that they made a videogame based on a cartoon, in the same move that Namco was criticized for with by making a Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures videogame.

X-Men's fanbbase is divided on whether they prefer mysticism, Nukes, or genetic experiments during the late 1800's using Wolverine's blood being responsible for the sudden population growth of mutants, while Apocolypse time traveling caused the wave of earlier mutants.

Spiderman's fanbase is relatively neutral, it's mostly the MCU that's being criticized for having an overtly incompetent Peter Parker who relies solely on tech to fight.

Superman's fanbase has a lot of people arguing over many things. However they cannot be pleased due to Superman being a very one-dimensional character, that they consistently argue with directors and forum users that Superman should be "portrayed accurately" despite there being no base information to use due to him being a very one-(and sometimes 1 and 1/2) dimensional character.

With Metroid, it's always the Alien Franchise fans vs the Star Trek Fans

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
I'll plagiarize an above statement in this thread but with a slightly different context. It's just human nature. We idealize our own cravings, no matter how unrealistic and antagonizing they may be.
nature or not, that doesn't mean we can't fight against or even conquer it.

there is a reason i use this quote as my signature.

"what is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"

i've always struggled with myself, and when i came across this quote in the game it's from, it hit me hard.

just because people have terrible natures, doesn't mean they can't choose to be better.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
They kept claiming Crash to be a "Sony Exclusive" which everyone's response is to point out how many Nintendo exclusive games Crash has had compared to the number of Playstation exclusives. The Sony fanbase is really stubborn, especially today.

Also, I do believe racism and sexism is involved in the movement against Smash Ultimate's new direction. People being upset that Princess Daisy became a clone of Peach is in two split imperatives: on one hand, you have people saying that Princess Daisy should have moves from Sports games and Party Games. On the other hand you have sexist pigs saying that Princess Daisy is an abomination because women can't be strong and independent.

You also have the same thing with Inklings, where Female Inkling is portrayed as the primary outfit, and some of the outfits have darker skin tones. And the new character announcements in the e3 Direct were of a gender equal number.
Opposed to past Smash Bros games where the only dark skinned playable character had been Ganondorf.
This seems to tick off a large group of wealthy sexist and racist jerks, and a few bullies that troll *cough* PC master/slave racists *cough *cough
There's just a lot of PC gamers out there that think they're gonna lose support for Project M (which I agree is a violation of copyright law), losing support for it due to this game's release.
And a lot of people who think 'Sony is (even though Sony isn't) god' are now placing Nintendo and Activision as devils who have stolen Crash from Playstation.

There is a spirit of animosity permeating our world, a desire to treat intelegent beings as if they're another species or a lower life form, and a desire to abuse animals is growing in popularity too. Attempting to equalize animals with humans is simply a second head on this movement to legalize abominations such as cannibalism and "alpha theory" as law.
racism despite what everyone says is at an all time low, ppl are way more accepting of each other, the internet and social media makes it seem bigger then it really is. As far as playable characters they should get in based on there history and merit as a character and not to fill a " this game needs more women" role.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
racism despite what everyone says is at an all time low, ppl are way more accepting of each other, the internet and social media makes it seem bigger then it really is. As far as playable characters they should get in based on there history and merit as a character and not to fill a " this game needs more women" role.
Sexism is much easier to promote, and Disney and Nick have been doing a good job of promoting sexism is shows like Henry Danger and Frozen. As for racism, it's limited to small pools of people who gather in larger groups online than they do in person.

As for Daisy's popularity, she receives a significant amount of votes in the Mushroom Kingdom's top 4 royals polls with King Boo Rosalina and Daisy being more popular than Peach for a majority of circles.

As for Coco, she's generally Crash's mechanic, sidekick, leader, brainy sister. And she's generally more important to Crash's team than Crunch. and more important to Crash's team than Lucina is to the Fire Emblem series. And Coco is also more important and helpful to Crash in his world saving antics, than let's say Peach has been in helping Mario. (In fact Peach sometimes causes trouble like she did in The Thousand Year Door)
My personal opinion is that Coco should've gotten in before Cloud for two reasons and two reasons only....
...Cloud is not yet on a Nintendo console aside from Smash. And Coco Bandicoot would make an excellent Echo given that her animations for Smash would already be 80% complete by the time production for Crash and Coco begins.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Keep in mind, people enjoy things differently. Not adhering to a particular ideal is fine. There are a LOT(the majority) of people who will enjoy most of the content in the game and do not play competitively. Most competitive players even will enjoy most of the content, as most of them are passionate about the game not just competing and love smash in general. I wouldn't worry too much about how players try to compete fairly in tournaments, this has no bearing on the millions of people enjoying the game in their own way. Everyone just plays how they find the most fun, and there is nothing wrong with that. Be happy the game is popular enough for people to enjoy in different fashions, and don't bother trying to criticize different ideals for it. When it comes down to it we all just love smash and there isn't much else to be said.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I can understand a small stage list is for efficiently running tournaments. In an ideal world we'd have time for larger stage lists, multiple side events like doubles, triples, squad strike, etc without having to have only one. Most other reasons are kind of dubious to me.

I've said before and I'll say it again: with FD/BF forms being identical for every stage, the competitive seen better actually use them. I can understand not wanting to play on a stage with a hectic background like Umbra Clock Tower, or stages with music violating copyrights on stream. But if we all just go with default stages we'll have failed Sakurai.

I hope stage morph can work out, it has a lot of potential. I'm not really on board with metered FS, especially after seeing Lucas' pitiful excuse for an FS.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The only reason I can understand a small stage list is for efficiently running tournaments. In an ideal world we'd have time for larger stage lists, multiple side events like doubles, triples, squad strike, etc without having to have only one. Most other reasons are kind of dubious to me.

I've said before and I'll say it again: with FD/BF forms being identical for every stage, the competitive seen better actually use them. I can understand not wanting to play on a stage with a hectic background like Umbra Clock Tower, or stages with music violating copyrights on stream. But if we all just go with default stages we'll have failed Sakurai.

I hope stage morph can work out, it has a lot of potential. I'm not really on board with metered FS, especially after seeing Lucas' pitiful excuse for an FS.
Hell, if one is worried about which of the FD/BF forms to choose, they could go with the (kinda silly) idea of choosing FD or BF via coin toss and which stage to play on via big ass roulette wheel.

Top Bottom