• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai's update strategy

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Lately we've been getting quite a lot of updates that we already knew about or wouldn't really care about, with new things interspersed throughout.

Sooner or later, Brawl will be finished and sent to be copied into its distribution copies. If that topic is correct, then that's already happened. Either way, at this point before release Sakurai surely knows everything that is in the game.

Remember, he said that revealing the secret characters wouldn't matter to him, because he knows we'll just do it 1.5 days after Brawl is released, anyway.

So if you ask me, I think he's just giving us these old and boring updates so as to get them out of the way. In the month and few days to come, we'll start to see some more really interesting things, and even new characters. :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thats what Ive been thinking, sooner or later he'll run out of less-than-awesome updates.

THough today's was nice, it confirmed Rayquaza as a boss.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i'm sorry but if u believe that we'll be rewarded with a character update between now and Jan. 24 ur just begging for a letdown. we have only thirty days until brawl is released in japan. only 22 of those days being weekdays. now before u go bashing me saying im wrong think about how many times u've been disapionted because u thought there would be a charcter update in the past (wether somone told u it was Megamans B-day, it was Christmas, or it was the dojo's 150th update, or sum1 else had an idea quite similar to this) now really how different were those than this. I'm sorry but i chhose not to psyche myself up for something as mediocre as this.

Lexl5

Smash Journeyman
I know, and doesn't Rayquaza look beautifully detailed in actual gameplay? I'm not a huge Pokemon fan outside of the original, but I can't wait to fight rayquaza as Fox.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Are the updates really that bad? I mean, most of us were not supposed to know anything from E4All. Also, the only updates lacking are character updates. Does that make the updates crappy?

Smash legacy

Smash Apprentice
I think that its worth waiting for and well be happy we waited when we find everything out plus the updates were ok and we shouldnt even stress the updates there not going to matter when the game comes out. There just fun to look at.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I know, and doesn't Rayquaza look beautifully detailed in actual gameplay? I'm not a huge Pokemon fan outside of the original, but I can't wait to fight rayquaza as Fox.
Indeed. Rayquaza looks awesome. Too bad I'll murder it with Fox. Er...turn him into a trophy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i'm sorry but if u believe that we'll be rewarded with a character update between now and Jan. 24 ur just begging for a letdown. we have only thirty days until brawl is released in japan. only 22 of those days being weekdays. now before u go bashing me saying im wrong think about how many times u've been disapionted because u thought there would be a charcter update in the past (wether somone told u it was Megamans B-day, it was Christmas, or it was the dojo's 150th update, or sum1 else had an idea quite similar to this) now really how different were those than this. I'm sorry but i chhose not to psyche myself up for something as mediocre as this.
I didn't expect a character update on any of those days.

I DO expect them in January. From what I've seen, character updates go by months. Many people think that December's updates have disproved that. I have to disagree. The reason we aren't getting them this month is because the game was delayed by two months.

Now realize that December is our second month of "filler" updates. All things point towards January revealing some characters to us. and really I don't know why he wouldn't, not unless there's a huge limit of characters in this game.

NotaModerator

Smash Apprentice
Wayne, New Jersey(god its boring here...)
Are the updates really that bad? I mean, most of us were not supposed to know anything from E4All. Also, the only updates lacking are character updates. Does that make the updates crappy?
I agree. take sonic's final smash for example. since we weren't supposed 2 no wat it was unless we went to E4all, then in his mind he gave us a GOOD Christmas present! so if people haden't filmed E4all, we would be happy with all of the recent updates.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I've heard the phrase "Well ya know, we weren't supposed to know ANYTHING about stuff we learned at E 4 All by now, so yeah"!

There is one major, major problem with that logic.

E 4 All existed because the game was delayed. We were SUPPOSED to have the game by now and know EVERYTHING.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I agree. take sonic's final smash for example. since we weren't supposed 2 no wat it was unless we went to E4all, then in his mind he gave us a GOOD Christmas present! so if people haden't filmed E4all, we would be happy with all of the recent updates.
You are wrong sur.

Sakurai, himself, commented on how he KNOWS things will not stay hidden long with the net now-a-days. Even without filming people would still run this information and Sakurai's team choose to show all of us this stuff, knowing good and well that it would hit the web like anything else.

And I expect nothing!!! Im simply looking forward to some Japanese gamer taking a early copy and spoiling it. . . thats all Im looking forward to in Jan.

Top Bottom