• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai was right about this game being for couples

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I was talking to my gf last night on the phone, and the topic of Brawl came up. Seeing as she plays melee with her brother alot and has a decent Peach, she said that she'll camp out with me and play co-op SSE as the first mode.

Is anyone else going to be putting co-op modes into heavy use?

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
My g/f isn't too into Melee, but that' because she doesn't like fighting games too much. But seeing as Subspace is a bit more like a platformer, she'll probably join me at midnight for some co-op action. (Hopefully of more then 1 type, ;) )

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I get to go through Subspace Emissary with my significant other too. ^_^

It'll probably be the second or third thing we do after having a couple of normal matches to familiarize ourselves with the control schemes and such. Unless he likes a new character better, he'll probably still use Yoshi the most. =p

He's stoked about brawl just as much as I am after all.

tutter

Smash Apprentice
My girlfriend can only spam side B with Cpt. Falcon. But, to make up fr the fact she does have smash 64! I will most likely be playing with my seven year old brother, who is about as good as you can get without wavedashing and such.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I play alone, Co-Op is for the Weak!.

Then i'll beat the crap out omy friends on Melee.. i mean Brawl.. i mean... V.S mode.

Sp1dersk1ll

Smash Rookie
I stopped wearing axe and deleted my myspace in order to sever contact with the opposite sex all together. The age of smash is upon us. Love < Down Smashes!

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
If i told My GF to play a game with me she would drop the system over my head..thats how much she doesn't like video games its ok i still love her

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
My boyfriend won't be playing me in brawl probably, since I kick his 'butt' every single time we play melee. He is very competitive and has given up trying to beat me =)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
My boyfriend won't be playing me in brawl probably, since I kick his 'butt' every single time we play melee. He is very competitive and has given up trying to beat me =)
With me and mine, Melee is one of the only things I'm better than him at. *laugh* So he can beat me in everything else, but at least I still have that. =p

He's not too fond of the competetive scene though...

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
With me and mine, Melee is one of the only things I'm better than him at. *laugh* So he can beat me in everything else, but at least I still have that. =p

He's not too fond of the competetive scene though...
Mine can murder me in xbox games, because I never play xbox (I hate it)

Who are your mains? His is Link and mine is Pikachu haha

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
This game really IS for everyone...

I'll probably play Co-Op Online (I think it's possible) with Wii4Mii 99, and then play it about three or more times with other friends, two of which are girls. We're not couples, but I'm looking forward to playing it with friends. :)

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I cant find a single girl that plays really any video game. How do ya do it? lol
I live in Cali. Practically everyone loves videogame where I live. Hell my first girlfriend ever when I was in 8th grade was a huge RPG fan. I used to borrow games from all the time.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
Mine can murder me in xbox games, because I never play xbox (I hate it)

Who are your mains? His is Link and mine is Pikachu haha
I don't play the Xbox either. Never was fond of the controller...

I've always mained Fox or Falco. I prefer Fox though. I'm also pretty good with Peach sometimes, though I usually just spam her back aerial a lot. XD

He plays as Yoshi almost exclusively, though sometimes he plays Ice Climbers and Pika.

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
I cant find a single girl that plays really any video game. How do ya do it? lol
My sister has been playing video games for as long as I can remember. She rubbed off on me when I was little. I have a 'hot' friend that plays video games (even though she sucks really bad). I thinks its because her dad is a COMPLETE geek. They have framed pictures of dragons and stuff like that hanging on the walls of the entire house.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Yeah me and my GF have predetermined matches sorted and will do SSE after (then events)

THIS GAME IS GOING TO SMEGGING OWN.

Co-op ftw.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
I have only found a couple girls that I would want to be their boyfriend, sadly they didn't want to be my girlfriend, oh well. Therefore seeing as I don't have a gf, I'll be playing this game with my best friend, he's pretty good at melee, and I can only assume he will be about as good as me at brawl, I might be better though since I own the game and can practice more than he can.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I'll be making use of co-op with friends, mostly cause my bros are almost all day long out of the house, but friends are more fun to play with, lol, my brothers get mad if i win :p

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
The person I like is decent at Melee, hadn't played it until he met me... Caught on pretty quickly, got annoyed that I was better though, but I've played for YEARS.

So we'll probably tackle the SSE and some Co-Op events.

If not, I can just kidnap my roommate. He played a mean Kirby in Melee...

I play a meaner Peach/Zelda/Dr. Mario/Jigglypuff/Samus though >_>

Darkurai

Smash Master
My girlfriend likes Melee, and she said she wants Brawl. But she's sick of me obsessing over it, so I doubt she'd want to play co-op modes with me...

crystal107

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0791-1171-8682
I'm going to play brawl co-op with my BF, not only co-op, we loovvve smash :)

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
Well, I know I wont be playing Brawl alone, because one, I want to make use of the co-op SSE thing which imo is awesome, so I will probably most of the time have my little brother play with me, if I remember correctly, he is useless, but whatever. Unless (most likely) my friends come over to play, and they are both very good, one more so then the other, which is my best friend, we are tied in skill when it comes to melee.

Top Bottom