• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai: "Quickly input taunts ↑↓↑."

Kyune

Smash Rookie
I doubt you'd be able to taunt to reapply the armor. There's the whole "makes sense" issue, but also I'm not sure how it would affect the game to be able to just "spawn" a power suit's worth of throwable items whenever.

Kips

Smash Ace
Well, you see, Samus got actually a few buffs. Her Missiles are weaker and her Charge Shot is apparently smaller but-
-Her Screw Attack now sucks people in again and has good damage.
-Her Up-Smash seems to suck people in too, and has ridiculous damage.
-Her Charge Shot is even faster to charge with pretty much the same damage/knockback.
-Etc.
So I'd say with this taunt combo it'd be hard to beat the fact that ZSamus covers her own weaknesses.

King_Olimar

Smash Rookie
Wow now I might actually consider using Zamus and Samus. I bet the transformation takes about as long as Fox and Falco's secret taunts in Melee. That would be an appropriate time frame and I bet the same princibles would apply: Get hit and it's canceled, and, continue the button combo untill the event takes place.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
yea so how are people doing this - the gamecube controller has been very hard to pull off with - I find the wiimote/nunchuck much easier to do with the 1 & 2 as the taunts takes about 6-7 seconds to do full transformation for me - what are your all's times?

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
I can transform within 4 seconds using the Gamecube controller. But I find it impossible to do with the Wii mote. Has anyone figured out how to do it?

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Hmmm lucky you. I seem to have a much harder time transforming with even the GC (my preferred controller) It takes me like...a full minute. I suck.

Of course, once I have the game and I'm not bugging my friend (who does have it) to play all the time, I'll practice enough to make it work.

.kR0

Smash Journeyman
Its the fact that you usually end up pressing the side taunt on the way down/up to down/up taunt that kinda messes it up.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
This is awesome for ZSS mains that suck with Samus, because now you can use her FS!

Before this news came out, I figured I'd never be able to use Zamus's FS, except for the final kill, because I suck with Samus. But now you can use Zamus's FS, deal the high damage, transform to Samus, then input the taunt combo to go back to Zamus. That's awesome!
Did you even read the thread? You can't change back.
And .kR0 you're right, as you actually perform the taunts while doing this, you can clearly see side taunt is performed, at least that happened to me.

WeltallZero

Smash Cadet
Did you even read the thread? You can't change back.
And .kR0 you're right, as you actually perform the taunts while doing this, you can clearly see side taunt is performed, at least that happened to me.
Did you even read his post? He's talking about using ZSS's final smash, then this to go back to ZSS. Nowhere does he mention going from ZSS to Samus via taunt.

Evi1d33d

Smash Rookie
Shuyin what's your secret? I tried forever to get her to transform but it only worked once. It kinda sucks when you grab the smash ball as ZSS since you can choose to use it and getting the armor or lose the smash ball to someone else.

Its the fact that you usually end up pressing the side taunt on the way down/up to down/up taunt that kinda messes it up.
You can bind the left and right to something quick like shield.

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Can you do this with the Wii-mote...?
Without Nunchuk:

Spam the A button and hit down on the D pad now and then-

Or if you have more conscious control of rapid movements than me you're trying for A, down-A, A.

I hear that with nunchuk it's just 1-2-1 or something. For whatever reason I'm stuck using wiimote only for now so I haven't tested :p

Top Bottom