• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai moved back the release date because he cared about our grades!

SmashnTendo

Smash Apprentice
okay, maybe not. but still.

as with many of us in college, this is around the time when we have finals. and if brawl's release date for the US was still Dec. 3 then we know that most of us would suffer from the "Smash Syndrome" and not do as well on our finals, since we would be playing our beloved game.

so this thread is a look on a small bright side of the pushed release date of Brawl. it's a thank you to Sakurai for not "forcing us" to choose Smash over studying.

To make this more of a discussion type, I guess we can talk about what studying we would be neglecting if smash were out today/tommorrow. even share how we think we did on our tests or grades! If you get a good grade on a final, you can feel good about yourself, and...in a way, thank Sakurai/and the Brawl team/Nintendo, for pushing the date.

So yes, this is not really a discussion on Brawl itself and part of it is just to look at the lighter side of things with Brawl's former release date today/tommorrow.

so I'm going to get back to studying. but I'll check the new update from the DOJO first. I hope to hear your thoughts/comments/discussion on this thread! :chuckle:

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Agreed! Not to mention papers due on top of that -_-. If smash came out today I probably couldn't focus on the more important things that have to be done lol.... back to my paper!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
they made games like brain age and brain age 2 to help balance this problem out. I think it was the reason X-play said, nintendo's delay was to implement seamless online play. I think that is a huge reason cause can you imagine brawl with lag?!?!

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention, those of us who need to take the MCAT in January can study all break without any temptation. Sakurai is clearly a genius.

Spellman

Smash Ace
And he'eell do it again! Ehehehehohohohahahahah. Second semester high schoolers would be defenseless against Brawl's charms!

dangitbobby

Smash Rookie
clearly it's because

Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items Real men use items

yes...now it's released in February....so I guess we'll be failing midterms instead and have no dates for Valentines Day XD
Nah, see, you give Brawl to someone as a present for Valentine's Day. This will obviously lead to sex. :D

At least now I can get my grades back up for my World History, Biology and Physical Ed. classes. I've been slacking a bit, so at least now I can concentrate without having to feel bad about not playing as much.

Plus, I can get a real job and buy a Wii now XP

Shato

Banned via Administration
Nah, see, you give Brawl to someone as a present for Valentine's Day. This will obviously lead to sex. :D
Oh god, I was going to get a separate copy of Brawl for my cousin... but now I don't want to...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I'm sure that Brawl was delayed for other reasons, but it is a good bright side for optimists.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Because I'm in the UK, I can almost predict that our release date will be something like May 20th, RIGHT in front of my final exams. Oh hellz no.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to finals there is always something that gets in the way of studying. But I can see Brawl really making it hard on Smashers come test time. No matter. This time around it wont be an issue.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
I can see how damaging Brawl is, Smash being so addictive, that Sakurai might be indirectly responsible for ruining your dream job's chances of becoming a reality

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Instead he is giving it to us at the beginning of a Symester so All that hard work I did making a good grade buffer so I could play Brawl and not do any work will be useless. Instead I'll d nothing all of next symester.

The Director

Smash Lord
LOL

You people don't know where your priorities lie.

Think about this for a second: what's more important? School or Smash? I think this is an easy question to answer.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I think the release was to help protect the Womens Rights Activists and young college students from having to rush stores and purchase what was put on reserve. I mean, if people will do all that for a furby or Tickle Me Elmo, i hope they won't do it to the por people like us who have to write papers.. We have the stress to kick it up a notch, right?

Also, its pronounced Nuclear dummy, the s is silent.

iMichael

Smash Lord
LOL

You people don't know where your priorities lie.

Think about this for a second: what's more important? School or Smash? I think this is an easy question to answer.
Smash...

Seriously if Brawl would've came out today I think everybody's GPA would've just got 4-stock'd. I don't know what human can actually resist playing Brawl....

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
Or ya know- we could be intelligent people and study, play Smash as a break, and then when finished with our finals play through it consistently. That was my plan anyways...

...I thought this exact same thing when I heard of the delay...now I'm less optimistic because I have nothing to do all break, thanks to my job not giving me extra hours. Might be good for you guys, but not for me any.

Then again- I'd probably completely fail my art history exam...maybe tomorrow's update will be awesome and bring my hopes up for Brawl again...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Or ya know- we could be intelligent people and study, play Smash as a break, and then when finished with our finals play through it consistently. That was my plan anyways...

...I thought this exact same thing when I heard of the delay...now I'm less optimistic because I have nothing to do all break, thanks to my job not giving me extra hours. Might be good for you guys, but not for me any.

Then again- I'd probably completely fail my art history exam...maybe tomorrow's update will be awesome and bring my hopes up for Brawl again...
Hehe I think you highly underestimate Humanity's ability to procastanate...

drengist

Smash Journeyman
We high school seniors in Finland have the final phase of our matriculation exams in March. But that's all right because Brawl won't be arriving here until god knows when. I guess I'm going to fail on my entrance examinations for the university instead!

Or not. Video games have almost never distracted me from the school.

Sumenora

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai dont care about our grades..he care about the game XD.....the more epic the better...but we all know that anyway.....:p

bugs, glithces ,etc...fixed...GO Sakurai!! XD

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Wait, wouldn't this delay hurt the Japanese students? I mean, their school system is different and if I remember correctly, third-year students have to cram for university entrance exams and finals are in March...

Maybe he loves the Americans more?

But he sure heck saved my butt from the temptations of Brawl all-nighters instead of study all-nighters.

Top Bottom