• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai is lying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
At GDC Sakurai stated that all the characters besides Sonic were chosen by 2005. HOWEVER Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the games which debuted Lucario, didn't come out until the end of Q1 of 2007. The movie came out around that time as well. SO how could he have had all the characters by 2005, if some of them didn't even EXIST! Same goes with Ike, who's game came out around that time, in Melee, Roy was put in before his game was released. However, the difference between Melee and FE6 was only a few months. So, unless Sakurai can MAGICALLY guess about the existence of Lucario and Ike, or if they were originally going to be Mewtwo and Roy, I ain't buying it.
Actually, DP released earlier in Japan, around septembre. And maybe the designs for the pokes already existed, don't draw conclusion too early. (and don't nake a thread about it untill you know all the facts)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well considering Roy was in Melee before his game came out.. I don't think it's unreasonable for characters from unreleased games to be chosen for the roster.

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
We didn't get the characters WE wanted. We got the ones Sakurai wanted.
Is that why Sonic was put in due to winning the Dojo vote?

pwnt once again.

Edit - Roy wasnt even supposed to be in melee originally. He was put in to advertise the upcomming FE game that was going to be released in Japan.

Marth is also more popular.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
At GDC Sakurai stated that all the characters besides Sonic were chosen by 2005. HOWEVER Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, the games which debuted Lucario, didn't come out until the end of Q1 of 2007. The movie came out around that time as well. SO how could he have had all the characters by 2005, if some of them didn't even EXIST! Same goes with Ike, who's game came out around that time, in Melee, Roy was put in before his game was released. However, the difference between Melee and FE6 was only a few months. So, unless Sakurai can MAGICALLY guess about the existence of Lucario and Ike, or if they were originally going to be Mewtwo and Roy, I ain't buying it.
You forget that, when working in Nintendo, you learn about all of Nintendo's secrets way in advance. The actual pokemon chosen for the new games were definitely drawn up well before the game came out, possibly before the game itself was beginning to be made, and the movie was in production for years before it was released. It's not like Sakurai watched the movie and was like "Huh, he should be in!" More than just Sakurai had a say in this. Since Lucario had such a large part in the movie, it was already decided by Nintendo exec's that he would be the sort of coverboy for D&P, and they've pushed for him to be the most popular one.

I'm sure all this had been said in the past 5 pages, but I had to say it.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Close this thread already. The original point that Vash was trying to prove was unproved 1 million times over. Now its just become a "why isn't ____ in brawl!? ahh Kill sockureye?!111!!1!" thread.

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea abotu Ike but lucario's concept was conceived when D/P was being developed and if you didn't know shigeru miyamoto (the main ninteno man) takes place in their development so it's safe to assume lucario being so cool and having a movie about him was one of the first pokemon developed around 05.

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
i fckin dont care of they already existed or not. some chars are in some not who cares. im happy with the roster. sakurai often didnt do the things fans wanted, but he did some, and that already is a wonder.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
What do you mean you're not buying it? Why would he lie about that?

LinkNSnake4Main

Smash Journeyman

Mewtwo modification ftw?

People knew about Path of Radiance before it was released, it's not like it snuck up behind everyone and shouted "SURPRISE! NEW FIRE EMBLEM GAME!"

We knew about it.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
You should know that Japan usually gets most Nintendo games first, knowing that one can assume they already had the information needed to fill up the roster.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
maybe he added in lucario late but that was the only one..i don't think hes trying to fool anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom