• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai hates Ike!

Betaz

Smash Ace
The Dojo said:
Brawl’s director, Masahiro Sakurai, provided the voice for King Dedede.
so he voiced the person for one of Ike's hardest matchups he probably purposely put in the whole QD to inhale = death thing too:ohwell:

toke jopic lighten up guys!
(yes I know not much of a joke)
...just thought it was funny
(yes I know DDD is his own creation so no reason to bring that argument up...in fact there should be no argument...because I said so)

Dan_X

Smash Lord
hmm, you may be onto something... BTW, I hate IKE as well. MWHAHAHAA..

No just kidding... but seriously, I love killing Ike ;D

Betaz

Smash Ace
o.o wow in all seriousness I was expecting this thread to die after like 5 posts
good job gais!

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai had put Ike in Brawl at his full power, there would be no Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
There would only be Super Smash Brothers Ike!
All Ike, all the time.

Seriously though, why is Ike slow, strong, and heavy, as opposed to his fast, strong, medium-weight, ragnell-******, ashnard-killing, aether-destroying self.
If you ask me, Ike should have been based off of his PoR stats, and Aether should have the same effects.
Now, Ike is just another character in the crowd.
Flame-bait: Brawl is more balanced then melee. Tiers are going to be to a lesser extent.

Back on topic: Is DDD really that hard for Ike?

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai had put Ike in Brawl at his full power, there would be no Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
There would only be Super Smash Brothers Ike!
All Ike, all the time.

Seriously though, why is Ike slow, strong, and heavy, as opposed to his fast, strong, medium-weight, ragnell-******, ashnard-killing, aether-destroying self.
If you ask me, Ike should have been based off of his PoR stats, and Aether should have the same effects.
Now, Ike is just another character in the crowd.
Flame-bait: Brawl is more balanced then melee. Tiers are going to be to a lesser extent.

Back on topic: Is DDD really that hard for Ike?
I agree, Ike from FE was hardcore.

He was one the fastest units, one of the strongest units, one of the hardest to hit units, one of the hardest units to damage even when you did land a hit on him, and he had ragnell (a ranged infinite use sword), and Aether.

If He was directly translated he'd...

Hit as hard as current SSBB Ike
Be as fast as pikachu
Have the range of a standard bow and hit as hard as he does up close (minus Aether)
Dodge attacks easily
Be undamaged by most attacks
Land critical hits

Have Aether which...

Can only be used up close
Guarantees two full strength strikes
Heals on first strike
Halves victim's armor on second strike (which effectively would make it do more damage than a critical hit on high armored foes. We have critical hit in this game, it does 60 damage so... yea)

Out of all those things, he only has the strength and a move that looks like Aether but doesn't act like it at all.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
I agree, Ike from FE was hardcore.

He was one the fastest units, one of the strongest units, one of the hardest to hit units, one of the hardest units to damage even when you did land a hit on him, and he had ragnell (a ranged infinite use sword), and Aether.

If He was directly translated he'd...

Hit as hard as current SSBB Ike
Be as fast as pikachu
Have the range of a standard bow and hit as hard as he does up close (minus Aether)
Dodge attacks easily
Be undamaged by most attacks
Land critical hits

Have Aether which...

Can only be used up close
Guarantees two full strength strikes
Heals on first strike
Halves victim's armor on second strike (which effectively would make it do more damage than a critical hit on high armored foes. We have critical hit in this game, it does 60 damage so... yea)

Out of all those things, he only has the strength and a move that looks like Aether but doesn't act like it at all.
marth recovers HP whit every hit he does thanks to falchion, but still ike would be a beast

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Also, who would have liked Ike better with his Lord outfit, or even his RD outfit. Both would be better than Ranger Ike with Ragnell.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Also, who would have liked Ike better with his Lord outfit, or even his RD outfit. Both would be better than Ranger Ike with Ragnell.
so true, those outfits were ownage (lord outfit: blue, brown,green ,red and white FTW), i mean, sakurai could just give him those colors

Top Bottom