• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai has set the stage and so can you!

I

i8waffles612

We are gonna be getting a new stage EVERY DAY!

omfg this is amazing. I love this update soooo much. Im actually happy no that they changed the release date so they can do amazing things like this!

konoha107

Smash Apprentice
This game may have more replayability than TimeSplitters 2 and 3. This is just revolutionary, and something I had been hoping for from the beginning.

NukeA6

Smash Master
How much is Sakurai going to put in this game? He really is trying to make this game legendary.

I never reallly liked Stage Creation for Smash Bros but I gotta say that this was a smart idea. Now any stage idea we posted in the Stage boards doesn't have to go to waste. I'm making Silesia from Fire Emblem 4.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a sample or a the whole 'snowman' song from the mother game? its on the soundtrack for the game track number 7....

and please dont tell me its a young cheezy song....

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Why? More variety, more characters, the more the merrier. I don't see why they just don't throw in everything they can. Anyways, *Nintendo bash ahead* it's Nintendo, so that'll never happen anyway.
Multiple character syndrome might occur.
If you have too many characters, they'll all start to become clones of each other.
There are already several A attacks shared amongst a few characters, don't wish for too much of a good thing.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Wowz3rs z0mg. I will officially not leave my house again after I get this

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
holy hell this is huge....

ummm i dont think halo 3 wil leven come close to how much this sell and will like double or triple all sales from anything... but if sakurais going all out it probaly hinting to no other smash games after this

hakurodoshi

Smash Rookie
Right now I'm thinking about making a bull's eye stage where you can only KO through a small hole

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Very cool. One of the things I was worried about with this game is the level designs - but as long as I can make my own, I guess it'll all work out in any case!

It's going to be really disheartening if after such a cool update, it winds up being that this mode isn't all it was described to be. But I am hopeful. :)

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
Yeah, but you know what will happen. One place every day. It's like a one in one million chance they're gonna pick yours. Wait, I just thought of something. If your stage had a "naughty" name, do you think they actuall look at the stages or do they send them randomly? Cuz then everyone would see that name.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Guys so u all know the use everyones stages, but i suppose they cycle through names be4 sending them off, i mean seriously it IS Nintendo.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

(It is going to sound awkward, but that is because this is a direct copy and paste from my other thread, which was locked)

First off, let's look at the basic schematics of a tourney legal level:

-No walk offs

-Absolutely no luck-based distractions

-No overly powered distractions

-No circle-based levels

-No levels that are prone to camping

-No overly large levels

-If they scroll, it has to be a constant scroll, not randomized

-No level splits

Just to cover a great deal of the requirements, there are some more, I just can't remember.

My point is this. I think people strongly refuse to consider how hard it will be to create a tourney level without conforming to either a single plane design, or a single plane with multi-small platform designs. Sure you could pull a Corneria and try something along the lines of a single plane with slopes and low and randomized platforms, but in order for it to be legal, you have to consider the rules listed above for it to be acceptable in a tourney enviroment...

Now, this is what I am getting at, listen noobs and flamers...I am not insulting the competitive scene.

Why are people so determined to make a tourney level when we will have (essentially) the same level with a few backgrounds as the easy route of creating tourney levels will be abused to death? Truthfully, all we need is for someone to create 5-8 tourney legal levels, user-made, and that will be plenty. We also do not know all the levels, so we could actually end up pulling at least 10-12 tourney legal levels from basic level design alone...

and if the new tourney legal levels follow a different format, they will be remade to death.

My ultimate point is this; Level design should be utilized to express full-blown creativity. Your level does not need to be competitive-friendly, just make a level, Go BUCK WILD! I bring this up because in my thread of when I was showing off some of my own designs for levels, a few people brought up, "it will probably not be competitive based" as if that is some sort of bad thing. Here is the thing; I don't CARE if they are or are not competive based. The way I designed my levels was so that my image of crazy and bizarre level designs could come to fruition. I want to create levels where even the competitive players and casuals can just go for a friendly romp. After all, competitive people love the other levels too correct?

All I am saying is that I do not believe we should worry too much on creating "competitive" levels. They will be covered by the game, and by the multitude of the users who wish to create them. I think the main focus should go in full-blown creativity, try something new, something different, something FRESH. I am not telling anybody what to do with their game, but I am trying to make the statement that those who focus on creating competitive only levels will essentially be cheating themselves out of their own imagination when it comes to creating something entirely new and not yet done before.

That's all I have to say.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I don't think custom levels should be allowed in tournaments. Using the default stages would be much more effective for making tournament rules normal and using the actual features of the normal game.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
All us Melee fanatics have to admit it, its a new era of smash tournaments, and that will probably mean custom stages too, but they will probably be made by a high authority in the tournament .

Top Bottom