• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai goes silent, fan speculation too much?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai has announced that he will be less active on Twitter in order to focus on the development of SSB4. He wrote this in his regular column in Japanese video game magazine Famitsu, which appears to continue as per usual. Sakurai's main reasons for being less involved with social media come down to fan tendency to interpret his tweets in the context of the new Smash Bros. game.

For example, when I tweet about playing some game, some people immediately get the idea that that character is in the new Smash Bros. Then people fan the flames on it, people start to think it's really true, people get angry about it. Nobody benefits.
Rather than keeping us updated, Sakurai will direct his efforts entirely towards making the highly anticipated game worth the wait. It begs the question whether the fans have gone a little overboard since SSB4 was announced. Should a developer in this day and age be expected to keep an open dialogue or is this decision understandable? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below!

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/12/3...ling-twitter-whiners-and-oh-yes-the-new-smash

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think for a series as large as smash bros, it's understandable that the developer would get sick and tired of everyone interpreting every little thing he/she says to satisfy their own wants.

I think we just have to accept that if we want a good, new smash, we're going to have to wait a while for info and possibly years for the game's release. If waiting is the cost of them putting work and effort in to the game, I'm not fussed to simply wait a while.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I understand why he would be upset over mutating minor details to something completely unrelated. But then again we're in the middle of a news drought, so I guess it would make sense for people to get a little desperate for information.

D

Deleted member 212841

I think he is going silent so that nobody catches on that he is finally going to add Ridley to the series. :troll:

JTsm

Smash Master
I think Sakurai should just focus on the game. Using the media as a means to update info would already be hard on itself when your the sole reason that made smash possible. I'm glad he's actually saying he's getting focused on SSB4. As fans, we always wait for info, and we should already get used to it by now. I predict in at least 6 months he'll release SOMETHING relevant for the game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I can only blame Iwata for announcing about this game so EARLY and partially the fact that Sakurai started to tweet stuff anyway if he had to keep himself unreachable incase someone wanted to barrage him with questions about Smash Bros.

Good thing though is that aside from characters none seems to care anything else about Smash Bros, so partially this isn't too bad for him.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
I like how calm Sakurai stays after hearing the far-fetched speculations from us fans. I guess with a job as a game producer/supervisor, you have to be patient with your fans.

I can wait. As much as I love games, it's just a game. He made the right move snubbing the fans.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Sakurai made a good decision with being less active, and it'll benefit everyone. I'm hoping get some info when E3 comes around next year.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Sakurai made a good decision with being less active, and it'll benefit everyone. I'm hoping get some info when E3 comes around next year.
I hope he listen to the fans, the melee ones. Smash 4 will suck without the melee engine. Please dont let it be like brawl please. Bring hit stun back,wavedashing, and most of all....combos

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I hope he listen to the fans, the melee ones. Smash 4 will suck without the melee engine. Please dont let it be like brawl please. Bring hit stun back,wavedashing, and most of all....combos
You know there are other (better) fighting engines out there than Melee right? Even if it is like Brawl, Namco (the people who make Tekken and Soul Calibur) knows what it takes to make a great fighting game system.

PB&J

Smash Hero
I know but melee is too good. i really want smash 4 to be way better than melee but i know that is hard to do. Guess we all have to just wait and see

Top Bottom