• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai favors Diddy?

The Director

Smash Lord
Just had to say that The Director's sig kicks *** <_<
You're like, the 10th random person to compliment it. I should've nominated it in the forum awards. :ohwell:

Rareware, why did you go to Microsoft...
WHY!?
It sounds strange, and almost like a dream, but recently Rare commented on how they'd like to do DKC4...a WiiWare title, perhaps?

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Diddy is Sakurai's favored little stepchild, just like DK Wario and Bowser are Sakurai's punching bags.
well duh, they're the badguys, and they're heavy characters, when in nintendo history has a boss been quick and light (also you missed Dedede, and why has no-one noticed that Mario almost always features against Sonic, rivalry much?).

also, Diddy claims the award for pwnage, all his little spins and flips and excessive energy, he **** well should be in the shots, Sak says himself that the screens he has for his attacks don't do him justice.

also, diddy will kick rayquaza's ***, then go bananas (excuse the pun) on Fox's pitiful existance (hooray for making friends, like NOBODY likes Fox, right?)

lol

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
i agree diddy can be found everywhere!!!
but i think it's good becouse diddy is awesome!!
and he's funny when you see him in the pictures
just seing him makes me laugh

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Diddy is in a lot of photos, but whenever he appears he makes the photo spicy and hilarious!! Also, just as often as he is shown beating people up, he is shown getting beat up! Diddy is just a great character to put in screenshots cuz of all his poses, hilarious martial arts moves, and facial expressions.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
He has the best animations for all those things?

Or hes just taunting us.. Either showing how pwnage Diddy is. Or just trying to MAKE him look good and he sucks..

Or he just likeys the lil monkays.

-Onyx

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I've never liked Donkey Kong or Diddy. When Diddy was confirmed, I thought to myself, "Oh great. A useless punching bag character."

Boy was I wrong. I do like Diddy... there's something about him. And I DO think that Sakurai likes him, probably because of his variety of expressions.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Also, Sakurai owes it to Diddy's fans, he wasn't in a lot of other stuff, in fact, there was an abject lac of diddy for far too long, he wasn't even in the demo!(s'far as i can find) that doesn't mean the rest of the non-Olimar related updates will have Olimar, 'cause he's just not generic or emotive enough. I've had my rant. :)

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Also, Sakurai owes it to Diddy's fans, he wasn't in a lot of other stuff, in fact, there was an abject lac of diddy for far too long, he wasn't even in the demo!(s'far as i can find) that doesn't mean the rest of the non-Olimar related updates will have Olimar, 'cause he's just not generic or emotive enough. I've had my rant. :)
He showed up twice in 2 updates.
That's pretty consistant!

:laugh:

fluffy1021

Smash Apprentice
diddy...

no he just wants diddy to look amazing so everyone mains him and does horrible lol...and so then he can kill them all with kirby

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because Diddy's 4 games outsell the Star Fox, Fire Emblem, and MOTHER series sales COMBINED! And because Diddy Kong WAS my most desired newcomer for Brawl! :grin:

O, and he's awsome, and original. His aerials are good, and he was pretty GODLY at E for All. And the fact Diddy Kong (and Wario, I might add) weren't in Melee is purely RETARTED! Tell me how Falco, Pichu, Roy, Marth, the Ice Climbers, Ness, Captain Falcon, Young Link, Shiek, and Dr. Mario were more important to Nintendo, or if they are now. The truth is if Melee had another 3 months of production, we'd see them in the game. Sakurai likes showing Wario and Diddy Kong because he feels like he owes us a "IOU". He even does that with King Dedede, if you haven't noticed (though he is much more "humble" about it).

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
He dual wields peanut shooting pistols that are made out of freakin' bark.
He can fly around in a jetpack....that's made out of barrels (that are also probably made out of bark).
He pulls banana peels out of thin air.
And he's pro at throwing Bonslys (Bonslies, Bonsli...?).

Kremlings beware 'cause he's after you.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Indeed.

That picture Machspeed posted is my favorite so far lol.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
it does look pretty awesome, especially against the other pictures of sheik and link, or just generally looking dramatic.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
That series of updates was great.
Diddy adds a ton of personality! Diddy can do anything, frankly.

Top Bottom