• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakurai Discusses Little Mac's Win Ration in For Glory

Chakra-X

Smash Cadet
http://kotaku.com/little-mac-is-sma...e=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=SocialflowPretty much says Little Mac was the WORST win ratio online, and that's because new players are attracted to his blatant strengths and assume he's the instant-win button, so choose him to try to get easy victories, only to find out he has glaring weaknesses.

I have issues with Mac's super armor and the absurd amount of damage his jab combo can do, but overall he's pretty straightforward to counter, even moreso when you aren't locked in to an Omega/Final Destination stage. I loved that Sakurai specifically called out the people hopping on the bandwagon to get an easy win.Also, he talks about balance changes and how he doesn't want to water down/average out fighters because that would be boring in terms of fun and competition.

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
I'm not surprised, Newbies and kids pick Little Mac because they see his power and speed, or they got their butt kicked by another newbie who picked Little Mac. His ground game is the best without question, but his air game and the amount of Macs self-destructing is laughable. He's an easy character to pick up, and he seemed to be dominating the first few weeks after the release date...but hey some players figured him out.

I have faced a couple of pro Little Macs, but those are rare to find in For Glory, and super hard to win against lol. It takes time and effort to master Little Mac, and from what I've seen, you bet it's damn worth it maining him.

So Mac has the lowest win ratio...I wonder which character has the highest win ratio

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
Mac is in no way cheap. But, I'm surprised that he's lost so much. The reason why mac was popular in for glory is because a lot of people were being owned by him. I wonder if Little Mac has one of the highest winning amounts, but the lowest win amounts 'cause all those people who got owned by him switched to mac but couldn't adjust their playing.

I'm just hoping for players to stop stereo-typing those who play mac as tryhards.

Last edited:

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
Mac is in no way cheap. But, I'm surprised that he's lost so much. The reason why mac was popular in for glory is because a lot of people were being owned by him. I wonder if Little Mac has one of the highest winning amounts, but the lowest win amounts 'cause all those people who got owned by him switched to mac but couldn't adjust their playing.

I'm just hoping for players to stop stereo-typing those who play mac as tryhards.
But it is so easy to think that of them. Every Mac scrub I have ever faced has gotten destroyed the second they choose a different character. 99.9% of the Mac players I've faced do the same exact thing as every other Mac player. They don't care to get good at the game, they use him and do the same exact things they see others do because they just want to win. If they lose instead of trying to learn from their mistakes they just leave and move on to another player who has also faced Mac about 30 billion times in the same day.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
im actually surprised to see Sakurai respond to the for glory mode like that, though im very curious, i wish they would allow us to see the global ranking too, since im curious to see more than just "most wins" and "most loses" from the entire roster i especialy would want to see who is the least used character, other than that when i play as Little Mac i am not playing to win, i just really like the character and i was excited when he was revealed along side many others im sure, i very rarely struggle fighting agints Mac players and in my about 1000 matches i have had now, only two Mac players really made me hate him, then again one of those was a Mac ditto which i think is one of the most awkward mirror matches, since whoever is in the lead has advantage but then the rage mechanic can flip the tables pretty quick

either way i hope if they do nerf Macs like hit power and knockback they at least improve his double jump or at least make his side B special not make him spin towards his doom, that he can act out of it, otherwise if they nerf his punches he will be dropped and will be lower in the usage department, which im sure many will appreciate, but people who use him as a secondary, like me will just have to adapt and keep on trucking :)

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
I'm waiting for the Wii U version to come out, but can't Jigglypuff, Kirby, and G&W crouch a fair amount of her moves since their short?

Chances are a good Rosalina will never leave her Luma alone. Luma extends Rosalina's attacks GREATLY, so it doesn't matter whether or not the opponent is short.

Last edited:
Top Bottom