• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sakuracon 2007 Smash tournament, Seattle

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
Your friends over at SeattleSmash will be assisting in the operation of the upcoming Sakuracon Smash Bros. Melee tournament and, with a new, thought out plan, will make sure that it will run smoothly and effectively. Rounds will be broken up into 32 competitors. The event will be spread across two days and will be able to accommodate more than 500 players. There are many new aspects of this tournament that will guarantee it's success over last year's tournament. The biggest addition is the pre-registration process which will have you sign up for the tournament with your badge ID. There is plenty of room for competition.

What about the rules? You get to decide.

Visit http://www.seattlesmash.com for your chance to vote and have a voice in how the rules are set this year. Multiple polls will be taken and your opinions will be used to determine the final rule set.

A huge turnout is expected.

Last time I heard the prize was like an entire n64 with no cords though XD lmfao
ill look into it and inform others i guess.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Depending on the rules and such, Oregon might attend. Do you know if there will be a lot of non-tournament time for friendlies and money matches? It'd be cool to go but I don't think any of us would really want to pay $45 for the registration fee and then only be able to play some matches in tournament and not be able to money match all the noobs.

So Otto, don't post this in our threads.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Well, I was mainly posting so that this wouldn't be posted in the OSM thread 3-4 times.

Besides, it's your guys' turn to come to Oregon, our tournaments are much better than Gameclucks.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, an (almost complete) N64? Oregon will definately be coming to this.

Well, I was mainly posting so that this wouldn't be posted in the OSM thread 3-4 times.

Besides, it's your guys' turn to come to Oregon, our tournaments are much better than Gameclucks.
I'm pretty sure It'll take 5 more good OR appearances at least to get us to go to another TANG.
GC>TANG by far btw. 1, its not in OR, and 2, we get canada. :chuckle:
i post in ur threads to get our pots higher, and you and jesse are aight

Eggz

Smash Hero
Rofl. I was like "That **** was tight son, nah mean?" And blair was like "Ah, it was aight." I rofflelemayohed. Anyway.

I'd love to go to a TANG, but you guys didnt give us like any of your money at the last gameclucks, so I'm a little shortfunded. You guys come to february GC, and we will come to february TANG

Have fun at TANG Shane. XD
That was hella funny when Blair said that outta nowhere. I didnt even see him. XD

Touk

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to Sakura Con this year, and I posted on the sakura con threads that they should play by the MLG or GC rules, but A lot of people seemed really hazy about the idea. The rules they are playing by should be posted within a month or two, so I'll get back to you on this.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I won the last couple of Sakuracon Smash tourneys. The rules were "almost" completely bogus. 4 player free-for-all for the first couple of rounds, best two go on. 1v1 after that. Single elim. At the end, the three or four people left played in a free for all. Winner takes all. Last person in wins. Not much competition. I was doing yo-yo glitches on a lot of people, and they were like, "OMG! what was that!?" I need better competition at these things! Oh, and the coordinator guy said that there will be better prizes this year.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Hero Sublime isn't garbs anymore, so count on him beating you.

>_>

Also, Otto, of course im not actually going to TANG. I'm trying to mindgame OR into coming up. Dum dum.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Who does Hero Sublime play? Isn't it Y. Link? If so, I'd like to ditto him at the con. Tell him to look out for me. I go as D-Man at the conventions, so let him know that.

Or, he can reply to this on his own:)

Juce

Smash Ace
Gameclucks rules are awful Touk, Onett is on, Venom is on last I checked, Corneria is on, have them go by MLG or SKYPAL rules, eithe rof those are good.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Whaaa?

We never turn Venom or Onett on - thats TERRIBLE.

Our random stages are all very neutral. Maybe the 'official' rules need to be updated.

As far as I'm concerned, all we play on (excluding counter-picks) are Dreamland, FD, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, and Yoshi story.

I'm pretty sure venom is flat out BANNED, even for counterpicking. Same with onett.

Juce

Smash Ace
Last time I was there I was counter picked on Onett, and according to your rules, that's on, as well as some other garbage stages.

Last time I checked Oregon sucks.
On a different note:
None of us are going to this tourney and that's probably including Hero, "D-Man".

Top Bottom