• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

saffron city logic

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
As many of you may have heard, the bumper from the 64 version is back...now, just recently, Onix has been confirmed as a Pokemon from the Pokeball item. He does the same thing that he did from the 64 version. And also, Meowth has returned from the 64 version (his effect is slighty different, though) So, why can't Saffron City (or any other stage from the 64 version) return to Smash? Comments, please!!

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Some stages will surely return, but Saffron City will not be included with them. Serebii pretty much said so, from what I recall. This is a shame, because Saffron City was one of the best N64 levels, next to Hyrule Castle.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
:( Saffron was pretty fun. I will miss it dearly... Well not really, I'll probably forget about it when Brawl comes out.

-Onyx

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
That was my favorite stage, back in the day... But if it dosen't return we could make it via stage builder and add some pokemon music and *TAH DAH* there you have it Saffron city! Just as good as it was on the 64!
i thought of this, too...if it's not in brawl i'm doin' this. the only unfortunate thing is the lack of the pokemon cameo appearances.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
He was. Rocks fell on everybody when he came.
Indeed. Rocks fell, everyone died.

Though it was really awesome when Clefairy metronome'd Onix - Clefairy rain!

And to be on topic, yes, it's very sad that Saffron City didn't make a comeback. At least we can make it in stage builder, but it won't be the same without the Pokemon door or the textures/background.

Top Bottom