• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SAF On taunt?

Shadow5YA

Smash Cadet
Can somebody check to see if there are any SAFs on Ike's taunt where he plants his sword into the ground and folds his arms?

I figured they put SAFs on Aether because they didn't want to deal with what would happen if Ike was hit as his sword was throw out of his hand, and I was wondering if they did the same for his taunt.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Can somebody check to see if there are any SAFs on Ike's taunt where he plants his sword into the ground and folds his arms?

I figured they put SAFs on Aether because they didn't want to deal with what would happen if Ike was hit as his sword was throw out of his hand, and I was wondering if they did the same for his taunt.
No, there isn't.

Wit the taunt, the sword is always right beside you. And with Aether, you can still get hit when you're jumping up to get the sword. It just warps back to you.

Doval

Smash Lord
And with Aether, you can still get hit when you're jumping up to get the sword. It just warps back to you.
Also, if he can't reach his sword (e.g. say you did Aether in the first floor of Luigi's Mansion, where the roof is solid) it'll just warp to him when he goes into the somersault at the end of his jump.

The SAFs are there to give him an edge and make him somewhat unique, not because they didn't want to deal with Aether's peculiarities.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Well, a taunt w/SAF?!
Geeze, you could block Marth's FS with a cool pose to.
It would just be unfair to let Ike just laught at everything!

Top Bottom