• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sacred Combo V2 (Knee -> Falcon Punch)

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I've only tested this on Ike...but it seems the knee has 3 different hitboxes now...the s*** one...the electric...and one that makes them fall over from 0-35%

at 0-35% you can Short Hop Auto Cancel Knee with the part that will make them fall over and sit down... buffer a falcon punch and there you go consecutive hits.

Just as long as you don't have stale moves it should kill, they won't be able to recover but they won't be shot to the side and die that way...this is from the middle of FD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FgFkOu4xc8

and yes i know it's not as good as the original.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
That works when people just sit there but they could just roll behind you or hit A and hit you with an attack. Honestly I've tripped many times and never once have I sat on the ground for that long. Usually I use tripping as an advantage because my opponent comes up to hit me and I just wait for them to come near me and then hit A and I get a free attack in on them.

So unless I'm missing something I don't see this as all that useful.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Who is going to expect being tripped by a knee? not only that but i did it slow...

If you actually buffer the knee so it starts ASAP they will either be hit standing up if they press A or whatever fast or they can be hit sitting down.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Who is going to expect being tripped by a knee? not only that but i did it slow...

If you actually buffer the knee so it starts ASAP they will either be hit standing up if they press A or whatever fast or they can be hit sitting down.
Until I see this happen in a real match I don't think it will work.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
i highly doubt this will work at all judging from the bots reactions. The little it has on the stop setting. it look slike a regular person will have time to block or dodge away. maybe if you say in the middle of the match.
"Wait a minute i just want to kill you for a second." it will work but seriously who is going to agree to that.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
well it will probably work better if they decide to roll behind u and get hit by the reverse falcon punch
but other wise i don't c why should anyone fall into this ><

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Actually if they stand up or try to attack right away and you space it right, it WILL connect, or if you want to mindgames it and do the reverse, it might work that way also.

Sasurai_no_Hiroshi

Smash Rookie
You guys sure it won't work in a match? You might want to try it yourselves a couple times before deeming it useless. It's going to be hard to pull off a tripping knee, let alone follow it up with a Falcon Punch, but in the right situations, it could work.

I could see it happening when you've pressured the opponent or when they still haven't fully grasped how you fight. Corner them onto a ledge, trip, Falcon Punch! They only have 4 options then : Roll Back (HIT!), Stand Up (HIT!), Stay Still (HIT!), Roll Forward (Miss!).
It's not such a bad trade and if you can predict they're going to roll back, then fire up that Reverse Falcon Punch. That's what it's for. ;)
The only problem is timing it right, since they have invincibility frames when getting up, hence why the pressuring/mindgames are important, don't you think?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
You guys sure it won't work in a match? You might want to try it yourselves a couple times before deeming it useless. It's going to be hard to pull off a tripping knee, let alone follow it up with a Falcon Punch, but in the right situations, it could work.

I could see it happening when you've pressured the opponent or when they still haven't fully grasped how you fight. Corner them onto a ledge, trip, Falcon Punch! They only have 4 options then : Roll Back (HIT!), Stand Up (HIT!), Stay Still (HIT!), Roll Forward (Miss!).
It's not such a bad trade and if you can predict they're going to roll back, then fire up that Reverse Falcon Punch. That's what it's for. ;)
The only problem is timing it right, since they have invincibility frames when getting up, hence why the pressuring/mindgames are important, don't you think?
Once they hear the "Falcon Punch" they'll know to wait and react by either rolling or attacking. If they time the roll right (which isn't that hard) they have invincibility frames and if they time the attack right they'll either dodge thanks to invincibility when getting up before the attack or their attack will clink your Falcon Punch. Seriously those moves that you can do out of a trip/non-teched landing after being hit have ridiculous priority. I seriously think that if you time it right they clink every move in the game and even powerful items like the hammer and stuff.

So yeah you could mindgame them into getting hit by Falcon Punch I guess (like if they're REALLY surprised by being tripped) but this is not really a reliable tactic by any means. It has the same chance of working as charging a Smash instead of doing it instantly and mindgaming someone into appraoching for a punishment but then since you're charging you punish them (I hope that makes sense the way I wrote it lol).

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
This is a joke.

I was just waiting for Cort(creator of the first Sacred Combo) to see it, cuz I wanted to see his reaction on how stupid a combo like this could be, and well I finally got one.

"this is the most pathetic video ever

please take it down and stop shunning the sacred combo "

hahahahahahaa, and now I had somebody trying to say I could pull it off.

I still find it funny that this is actually a combo though.

cwjalex

Smash Journeyman
hahaha, i just read cort's comment...this just illustrates how stupid people on these boards can be. Anyone who saw that video and wondered even for a SPLIT second if it could work in a real match against a decent opponent is NOT good at this game lol....

EDIT: In Melee, Cort was simply just showing the awesomeness of the Knee and the Falcon Punch...he would never attempt this in a tournament match because there are about 103910 better choices to make than a falcon punch off the stage.

Top Bottom