• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sac_anime!!!!!!!!

Dr. Sabre Wolf

Smash Cadet
This Saterday And Sunday Sac-Anime will be going on at the Red Lion Hotel....

Saturday a Smash Tourney will be going on at 3pm....

Only $10 to get in each day....or $15 for the whole weekend....

Come to play Smash and watch all the fine a$$ girls walk around in nearly noth'in(costumes)

go to Sac-Anime.com for directions and other info......Woot, hope to see good smashers!!

p.s.- this is an Anime Convention....located in Sacramento,California:chuckle:

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Hmm...I might go to this.

EDIT: Let me rephrase this, I WILL be going to this. I can either drive the 70 miles to Tracy, wasting all kinds of money, or I can go to this one, where I have a high chance of winning at least some money. At least, I think it is. 11 miles is way better than 70. If anyone wants to go and needs a ride, I need gas money.

EDIT 2: Wait...What's the prize for winning this? It better be money.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
I feel dumb. I thought you meant the 20th. Man, I wish I could go to this and rawk the noobs with tom. But the dumb ol' job is in the way. Have fun everyone.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
As it turns out, Simna was running this tournament. The only good players to show were ender, Tomi, DRGN and myself.

Short results:

1. Tomi-X
2. DRGN
3. ender
4-last. n00bs+Delphiki

As it turns out, Simna is a horrible TO. There's a thing called skill seeding, which makes sure that TWO BROTHERS IN THE SAME CREW IN THE SAME LOCATION DON'T FIGHT IN THE FIRST ROUND OF A FORTY-ENTRANT SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

Simna is fired. Seriously, paying thirteen dollars to get one match was just as bad as NCT2. And that's not even counting gas money...

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
I won 50 Bucks...Such a good investment. I'm glad I went to this. Except for Tyde's idiotic friend who thinks that Simna 4-Stocks me and Tyde every single time. Yeah. Tyde, your friend, the slightly large fellow, I can't remember his name...anyways, he thinks Simna is a god or something. Which reminds me. I played someone with the gamertag "GOD" and won. WTF? I must be a demon or something.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Tyde, I absolutely destroyed the n00bs. I 3-stocked a Fox during Quarter Finals with only 30%. And we were doing 3-stock matches due to time constraints.

DRGN

Technowizard
That was fun. ^_^

Delphiki said:
"Britton you *******!!" *shakes fist spitefully* (yelled from half-way across the room)
^ lol

Tomi cheated; I banned Fox. lol

That was funny when I was using Samus at FD and Tomi called out "Do a bomb slide!!" (lol, a superwavedash), I did it and flew across the stage, ending up at the edge into the "almost falling but not really animation". All the nubs were going "OMG, what the **** was that?!?", and the animation acted like a quirky taunt for both the SW tech (to the n00bs) and my unfortunate opponent humorously tumbling to his death far below me. :laugh:

There's a thing called skill seeding, which makes sure that TWO BROTHERS IN THE SAME CREW IN THE SAME LOCATION DON'T FIGHT IN THE FIRST ROUND OF A FORTY-ENTRANT SINGLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!
^ hahahaha. That's a nice way to put it...

Btw, I don't really mind, i'm just curious.. out of 40 people, and a $3 entry fee, how did I only get $13 dollars for second place? lol

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
That was fun. ^_^

^ lol

Tomi cheated; I banned Fox. lol

That was funny when I was using Samus at FD and Tomi called out "Do a bomb slide!!" (lol, a superwavedash), I did it and flew across the stage, ending up at the edge into the "almost falling but not really animation". All the nubs were going "OMG, what the **** was that?!?", and the animation acted like a quirky taunt for both the SW tech (to the n00bs) and my unfortunate opponent humorously tumbling to his death far below me. :laugh:

^ hahahaha. That's a nice way to put it...

Btw, I don't really mind, i'm just curious.. out of 40 people, and a $3 entry fee, how did I only get $13 dollars for second place? lol

I'll address Delphiki first.

At this expo each tournament has a rule of "sign-ups close 15 minutes before the tournament starting time" this however did not work with the smash tournament as it occurred immediately after the game room closed for lunch(room reopenned at 3pm...tournament was to start at 3pm) because of this the tournament was delayed 15 mins for more ppl to sign up(you and many others). Now at first this may sound like a fair exchange except that where every other tournament gets 15 munites TO PREPARE....i get 15 mins to sign ppl up and then i have to start IMMEDIATELY cause the game room shuts down at 6:30. I had to drop a stock off each match, move to single elimination and there was ABSOLUTELY no time whatsoever for me to draw out a bracket or seed anything(hence u vs. drgn and drgn's byes in semifinals AND finals). I was lucky enough to finish the tournament by 6:10.

Now DRGN...here is how the pot money was distributed....the total was $112. $37 went to the convention, $50 went to Tomi-X, and $25 went to you. You split your prize with ender.

DRGN

Technowizard
Wow, the convention took 1/3 of the pot? That's a pretty hefty cut... I understand that the convention would like to get a return on hosting it, but a percentage like that is a little unusual. I guess since the tournament had a relatively small entry fee they needed a good sized percentage to make up for it.

Anyways, I had fun, and that's what matters. ^_^ So i'd definitly like to go again next time if they're going to do another one.

Hopefully i'll have more of a chance to look around the place and check everything out next time too. I didn't get much chance this time since we got there right at 3, and the convention was closing down for the day at around the same time the tournament was ending.

As for the brackets, I understand Simna's plight.. If he had done the brackets for a 40+ person tournamet in the standard way (making a 64 man bracket and inserting byes), with the fact that in that kind of setting many people sign-up but then don't show, then he would have ended up giving even more people byes in the first round, a bunch of people byes through the second round, and others byes in the first AND second rounds. You might argue that byes to many in the first and second rounds would be better than to one or two people in later rounds, but also keep in mind that the standard format brackets were a lot bigger and would have taken a lot longer to make, and Simna was trying to make the brackets and still run the tournament at the same time.

Of course nobody I would have played in place of those byes would have won (which is another reason it wasn't that big of a problem), but it did suck for the same reason it sucked for Delphiki: I got to play much less smash. :ohwell::ohwell: But that's ok, because with that bracket if it hadn't happened to me, then it would have happened to a random noob instead, and that would've sucked more because chances would be that that person would have had fewer tournament experiences than me, and so probably appreciated the experiences more and got more experience from it.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Leave it to DRGN to leave a ridiculously large paragraph of meaningless ranting.

EDIT: Also, one who uses "Experience" 3 times in a sentance. What is this, a frickin RPG?

DRGN

Technowizard
Leave it to DRGN to leave a ridiculously large paragraph of meaningless ranting.

EDIT: Also, one who uses "Experience" 3 times in a sentance. What is this, a frickin RPG?
Hey can't a guy have a good rant once in a while?

Oh and.. ..Lol, yeah sure. In fact, you should come over, I need more experience. [COUGH]ass[/COUGH] :p

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Sorry, for the next few days I will devote my life to my girlfriend and World of Warcraft, seeing as I got my copy of WoW:Burning Crusade...Oh yeah, *****. :D

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
drgn you gotta teach me how to do those nova complex wavedashes with samus.

DRGN

Technowizard
drgn you gotta teach me how to do those nova complex wavedashes with samus.
lol, sure.. Then i'll teach you the regular ones. :p

Some may have thought her unpredictable before, but now you really don't know what Samus will do! lol

EDIT: Lol @ ender's location...:laugh:

Dr. Sabre Wolf

Smash Cadet
To Bad i couldnt enter:( .....i got there2 mins late.....i didnt get to play Tomi-x or ender or Durken.... but i got to mess wit simna after the tourney:chuckle:

i wish i got there sooner.......Daamn!!!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
To Bad i couldnt enter:( .....i got there2 mins late.....i didnt get to play Tomi-x or ender or Durken.... but i got to mess wit simna after the tourney:chuckle:

i wish i got there sooner.......Daamn!!!
Did you play me at all? I was the one pwning all comers on the leftmost TV during finals. I played at least fifteen people.

Top Bottom