• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SA-South America Start( EC )

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
Hey im gonna try to bring people 4 south america, in Ec its gonna be a blast of a torurnament so lets hope i can bring more and more people :laugh:

Natalie

Smash Rookie
well, dont fell that way...im from south america too, where are you from?

Cleffa

Smash Rookie
Yay ^_^ i'm from south america too... anyone from Brazil? o.o

PS: i don't speak in spanish T_T shame on me... xP

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Holas, yo soy de Chile de a donde son los que ya han posteado?a excepcion de Shakka de Virgo que ya dijo k es de Chile igual que yo xD

kliente

Smash Cadet
jajaja. Yo también soy de chile. Bueno no somos muchos pero se ke seremos hartos después de un tiempo.......un LARGO tiempo

simijaca

Smash Rookie
colombia

ohhh por dios por fin se puede hablar en espanol.. yo soy de colombia.. alguin mas po aka?

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Si pues demas que si tal vez por ahora sea dificil pork yo vivo en Pa ... tal vez mas facil cuando salga el revolution con su funcion online =)

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Si ,pero se me ocurre que tal vez deberiamos mantener este tema en ingles, asi los otros usuarios podrian leer lo que hablamos y no quedarse fuera por si quisieran aportar. Un claro ejemplo es Cleffa que es de brasil y no habla español asi que porque no lo mantenemos en ingles?

Ceipe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ceipe007
3DS FC
0232-7552-6592
Ok ppl, I'm from Peru, can ne1 tell me how exactly did nintendo arrived to the sane desicion to make tourneys in South America? I hope they make one in Peru, I have about 20 friends who simply love smash and would be willing to take that tourny.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
I don't know anything about Nintendo making tourneys in SA, for now the only thing I know is that if I want to go to a real tourney I need to go to Santiago...

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
well first it started like small tournaments about new games like, for donkey konga, after that we spoke with some friends in a tv station, and, with some people of distribution of nintendo, well after all that and some months of preparations, we got almost 1000 ppl in our 2 most important cities, and after a few eliminatios, we have 10 of our finest players( i lost in the finals in my city, 1rst cuz the nerves, and also, couse he played good , and i make to many mistakes..lol) well as u can see it wasnt a 100% official but it have been well promoted...

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
It all dependes on the effort you put on trying to make te game popular... and going todo anything it takes to get more people playing in my city and whenever I go to other cities I'm going to search for more people

Ceipe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ceipe007
3DS FC
0232-7552-6592
I would defenitivly be interested in smash videos hehe. Its always nice to see how other ppl play and learn from them.

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'll really like to see some videos of you guys playing... any vids you've got to show us? I'm thinking in making some vids with my brother someday... school's about to finish =D

Ceipe

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ceipe007
3DS FC
0232-7552-6592
Same here, I'm almoast finished classes, two more weeks and the videos will start to rain :D

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
ehhe nice alucard... yo y mi hermano deberiamos estar por subir algunos, en cuento acabemos con nuestros problemas de transferencia i edicion...

CuecaX

Smash Rookie
DarkUsleon said:
I don't know anything about Nintendo making tourneys in SA, for now the only thing I know is that if I want to go to a real tourney I need to go to Santiago...
In Brasil nintendo has done some tourneys, but only in São Paulo...
In the Setember there was a SMASH MELEE tourney (sadly, I didnt go) and the winner won a Nintendo DS with Nintendogs :) :cry: :urg: :) ....... amazing no?

the last one was a SUPER MARIO STRIKERS (before the relaese with the demo version) doubles championship (yes I went :) ) and the multiplayer of this game makes me did an orgasm :psycho: hahahahaha (jajajajajaja in spanish :laugh: )... but I and my partner lost in the second match :cry:
and the winners get 2 (!) Platinum GCNs with 2 Fifa 2005 (ugh :ohwell: ), one per player...

really cool no? :)

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
there are lot of brazilian people around... hey cuecax... why don't you go looking for ShadowPassos, Kizzu and Walk? they are all brazilians... oh and dont double post, it's against the rules.

Lucky you, I think that in Chile there aren'y any tourneys organized by Nintendo like in Brazil or in Equador so I'm kinda stuck. To make things even worse I live in a city that's far away from the capital...

WeX

Smash Apprentice
Hey What's up?!!

This is WeX, actually I'm From Mexico, But there isn't a Mexico's forum and I want to know some people or South America. Here the tournaments of smash are very common but the problem is that the people who really know how to play smash is like 10 in 1000.

I'd like to watch some vids of you guys, just to know how plays the smashers of SA, soon I will up some vids of me and my "club" (Arena) may it take a while cause we are in the capture process and later we have to edit the matches, and we have just a few matches recorded, but soon or later you Have got the Arena Vids.

Ok, that's all for now see ya

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Sounds Nice WeX, I should make some vids in about 1-2 weeks then upload them. I'm no exceptional player but I think i'm pretty decent. So please PM me when you've already uploaded the vids so I can see how you play

simijaca

Smash Rookie
wow..there is a lot more people in sa than i thought.. how good are you? i am starting ti get my shffls right.. but no tourneys yet in colombiasadly.. who do u play with?

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
I play with Samus as my main, but I play with all the others excepting Peach, Luigi, Bowser and DK... I'll get some vids of me playing with my Bro someday so keep checking =)

666.ve

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm from Venezuela and I'm glad to see some latin america ppl here.

Nintendo made some SSBM tournaments here like 3 years ago, the rules were stupid (3 stock, 3 mins, items, all stages, no unlocked characters...), anyways more than 3000 ppl showed up in these tournies o_o. They also promised the ppl who won a latin america international tournament in Panama which never happened :(, i think the guy behind the tourny idea (some Rafael Gomez dude) no longer works for Nintendo.

Recently Nintendo made a pokemon tourny but it failed (less than 50 ppl showed up) so they discarded the idea of makin another game tournament in near future :(, but the fact they did a tourny in quito brings back my hopes up since SSBM is still the best seller game here.

P. D. Lookin forward to see some vids from latin america players. I'll try to upload some of me and my friends in a coupe of weeks :)

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Sounds nice! as soon as I can I'll upload some vids of me, my bro and my friends playing... as you can see I'm like the most active user from SA, but that doesn'y make my the best :p... hehe well I'll be looking forward to see some vids of you guys!

santi256

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm from colombia, there should really be tournaments over there(sadly i have moved to Texas, USA so i probably wouldn't be there if there if i wanted). But I hope smash tournaments get big in all South America, my first tourney will be Smash Extravaganza 2, in Houston, Texas and the 3 winners get money. Its probably going to be hard to makea well organized tourney over there, since there haven't been any [that i kknow of atleast]

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Good luck on your first tourney, santi. And yes, we should really have some tourneys down here, but it'll come in time I think. Anyways the Rev is coming out next year so there'll be probably more things to see

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Sorry for double posting. It's been quite a while since the last response in this thread. Well, actually, the chilean community is progressiong quite fast. Lst year there was nothing and now we have a good number of tournies held in Santiago. I went to one and finished 3rd from about 60 contestants.

Aren't you people interested in making a South American Smash community?
Well, reply if you're interested...

Any chileans searching for a chilean forum visit:

www.smashbros-chile.tk

That's it!

Top Bottom