• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.W. Virginia Smash Tournies

Sonicdahedgie

Smash Apprentice
Hello, fellow smashers! I recently moved near Wytheville, Virginia. Me and a friend are looking to maybe start hosting video game tournaments around here, and I was looking up to see what kind of interest we would be getting if we hosted a tournament here. If you might make it to Wytheville for a tournament, please post in response, or message me. Tell me what you'd like out of a tournament to go to it, and what you'd expect. If we have enough interest, we'll definitely try and get this ball rolling.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
I'm a roanoke smasher, and between here and Danville I can think of at least 5 interested people, us roanokers would definitely come for a big enough showing

Join this group, it's for west side of SOVA smashers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386540904893386/

I'd totally go to your tournament if I had a car. You like only 37 miles from me. The Radford University / Virginia Tech scene has 3 active players (me, Charlie, and Jet). There's also Redd, who lives in Blackburgs, so maybe he can supply a ride to 1 of your events sometime. Do you have a car and a license? You should totally chill with us at VT sometime for a fest usually held on Friday/Saturday nights

Semi unrelated, but do either of you also play 1 of the other competitive fighting games, particularly SF4?

GENX

Smash Rookie
I'm currently what I would call the leader of the Roanoke smash scene, but most everyone is off at college atm. I'd be interested, and I've had Danville people over for a tournament once and a couple of fests too. For the tournament we got a good 8 people, so it was a nice small event. It was hosted at my house which is a really nice area to play because there is plenty of space. If you need somewhere to host I'd definately let you because I'm only an hour or so away from you. I'm about 16 years old and have been playing the game for a year and a half. I've only recently started getting what I'd call decent, but getting better every day I hope. Please contact me through either Facebook on the group posted above, or PM me here on Smashboards. I'm always looking forward to meet new people to play, and always accepting new members. Long live smash, and please please PLEASE contact me because since everyone is at college it's just me and PSYT and I want to play more people. All the people around here are actually decent at this game, so we should be at least around an acceptable skill level.

I could host at my apartment. I live there by myself so no annoyances from roommates or visa versa. I could probably fit 8 people in it

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I'm one of those losers whom is occupied with boring college work than playing Sm@wsh Br0s. :(

Otherwise we would gladly have another member in our team. :D

Dreekuz

Smash Rookie
yooooo wassup ..danville smasher here... im not picky..just get a decent place and some people and im down ^_^

Top Bottom