• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.S.B.S Tournament, Tomball 12/11/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm trying to think of some witty retort about fire powers, but i just can't think of a decent one.

:} that would be awesome to see you juggle and unicycle though...

G@BE

Smash Lord
The Return To The Interweb

i have not posted in about hmm....8 weeks.
so i thought i might say something of some meaning.

I PWN ALL !!!!!!!!

G@BE

Smash Lord
iam just going to represent NOLIA for now on...the B.S. krew kinda fell apart from my eyes.
everyone still plays but it is not the same anymore.
Zap101 has been M.I.A. for a while now.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Nice yo see you on-line again gabe.

So, to everyone whos coming...IE jobob and probably fluffy :}...would you guys still wanna do a small tourney with the few people we have? We could probably round up a couple of the local smashers if so...although i think if we did, it would be better to do it at someones house instead of at De_Bunker. And that way the fee would be 5$ less. Or would you guys just wanna hang out and not donate your 5$ to me? :p

Jobob

Smash Rookie
Sounds less than optimal...

I thought the whole point of this thread was to round up local smashers, which sorta failed this month. =(

No offense, but I really don't feel like driving out to Magnolia or south houston for a three smasher get-together.

How about something like this:
1. Call off the tournament this week.
2. Organize a get-together to practice for fluffy's next monthly sometime when people can actually show up.
3. Next month actually call de_bunker in advance (like when we announce the tournament here), and try to get them to help advertise the tournament. We probably won't get the best smashers, but it's always good to have more people.
4. Bring Zap back from the dead, and let the zombie Luigi do his thing.

If you really want to do the tournament tomorrow, I can go, but if very few people are showing up, I have other things I could be doing.

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
Sup people. I just found out about this site and am definitely interested in getting into a tourny. I would rate myself pretty good. I have been playing since it came out and still hop on it when I have some free time.

Anyways, I also have my bro and two friends who are good themselves and they too would like to hop in. Let me know if any new tournys are coming to Houston or near and we will make sure to come. My email address and msn messenger are : pkeys2214@hotmail.com. I look forward to some healthy competition!!!

Pacman

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
WHERE DO I SIGN UP>>>!?!?!?!

Sup people. My name is Patrick, aka P_a_c_m_a_n1. Anyways, I am 21 live in Houston and have been playing smash since it came out. Never really thought about getting into any tourney's, but I am very competitive and very good...

I play with my bro and two friends all the time and they also are interested in competing. Well just wanted to say hi and if any of you are throwing tourney's or know about some in the Houston area hit me up on my msn messenger: pkeys2214@hotmail.com or email me at the same address. I look forward to playing some of you!!!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Welcome to the texas thread, pacman. Theres gonna be a monthly tournament in Houston the 27th, if you wanna go to that. I'll hit ya up on MSN sometime.

So i guess the tourney for this month is cancelled. DER YAY! Think you could make it to the houston monthly, jobob? Cause it would be really nice to get that memery card back.

Jobob

Smash Rookie
I don't know for sure if I will be going to Fluffy's monthly, but I do want to go, give you your game and memory card back, and get another shot at winning the other monthly tournament in Houston.

Welcome to smashboards Pacman, I hope to see you at the next tournament... whenever I go to one of these tournaments I feel so old. It'll be nice to have someone else around who is old enough to drink (not that I drink, or like being around drunk people).

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
Yeah I feel you Jobob...I actually am 22, lol! I turn 23 in April and really I am nothing but a big kid. I am a full time real estate developer so video games are pretty much my outlet, besides rapping. I dont really do the drinking either. I am a rather light fellow, so no drinking for me, although I like to be on "cloud 9" when I play smash. Helps me focus.

Anyways, like i said let me know when and where it is and i will be there. I heard about a Tourney in Tomball today at some game center so I am going to check that out. Maybe I will see a few of you there. Just look for the black guy :chuckle: with low eyes ;) and the funny smile :p and thats me. Till then take it easy!

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
Oh one more quick question... who are the best smashers in our area and are there any regional tourney's held often? If so I would not mind sponsoring a tourney or two and maybe even hold one at my house.

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
Yo I went drove all the way out to Tomball (from Fresno, Tx) to check out this tourney. When I got there the place wasnt even open. Some kid told me the owner got sick and would be back in a while. So I grabbed some food and waited and still nothing.

Sadly I drove all the way back home pissed as hell and still wanting to release my anger on some smash. Someone please let me know when a tourney is coming up down here, or even if people wanted to just have one. I am a real estate developer so I have the funds to host one if people will let me know if they are interested. Maybe I will start a thread (never done that b4)...lol

Jobob

Smash Rookie
Sethlon said:
So i guess the tourney for this month is cancelled.
Pacman, sorry this wasn't a little more clear, we should have made it an announcement or something. Really, I am not trying to be sarcastic, this should have been clearer.

Basically, Sethlon and Zap run this tournament, so what they say goes.

The other monthly houston tourney hosted by fluffy-sama, like was mentioned will be on the 27th. The thread for it can be found here. The website for those monthly's and smashex (the only regional tournament that I know of here) is at this page.

As far as whose good... I think everyone on this thread who posts regularly is pretty good. If you go by tournament winning, the Tomball tournament 1st and 2nd always seems to go to me and Seth (he won 2, then I won 1), although I really don't think it should always be ending like that. Zero (aka the Great Marth) always sends me into the loser's bracket, Kailo and Gabe are both very solid players.

Fluffy's tournaments tend to have more people, and I've only been to one, so I don't really know who's good there. I do know that I got reamed at the one that I went to.

Kailo, I'll drink with you... Water, soda, or juice... its all I ever drink. I've heard things about you, your mother, and other beverages.

P_a_c_m_a_n1

Smash Rookie
Ok Jobob. Its cool. I guess I should pay more attention. Anyways, yeah I just posted in the other thread so I hope I get a reply. I would mind going to both of these, cause they both sound interesting in deed.

Well let me know when the next is and I will be there. Oh yeah, tell Zero, that I also play with Marth and when we get to meet, I will be sending him "directly to the loser bracket, no passing go and no collecting $200"!!! (lol). No offense Zero...

Yeah, so some of you guys get at me on my yahoo messenge S/N : P_a_c_m_a_n1

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Thats it gabe...you've gone and stole my word-scrambling. Now you die.
*Roy unleashes the fullfy-charged flare blade from behind you*

Yeah, me an aj need to get off our ***** and say something in this thread. Low and behold, I am here. We're probably gonna have our next tourney in the second weekend of next month, unless we run into some complications. And since theres no renaissance to interfere with schedules, i expect all the magnolia smashers to show up. Or there will be dire consequences. And I'm tempted to make a joke about the dire template, but theres about 1 person who would get it. Maybe.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Pacman.......you send me to loser bracket?!?!?! AHAHAHAHA! i dont lose to marths! AHAHAHAHA!

bring buddy, i havnt played in awhile, but im sure you will be whooped up by my old marth.

Tyle325

Smash Apprentice
Sethlon said:
We're probably gonna have our next tourney in the second weekend of next month, unless we run into some complications. And since theres no renaissance to interfere with schedules, i expect all the magnolia smashers to show up
Yeah maybe if you read you would see that!!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom