• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

S.R. 's Yoshi.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't like the music.

A few notes: learn to untumble, you could have lived on that first stock even longer; don't use down air so much; use a lot less back airs while approaching the wrong way.

I can't give much more advise, because you are better than your brother. He needs to learn to combo better and keep pressure on, which Falcon can do really well against Yoshi.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hmmm, I guess Kanye West is an acquired taste. Although this isn't one of his best.

I was gonna say what Bringer did about the down airs but he got there first (mods cheat--I'll figure out how they do it one of these days).

Untumbling, as everyone above me has already said, is vital for survival (especially on FD). To that end, I'm restating it for emphasis. UNTUMBLE.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
To untumble you wiggle the directional stick back and forth. Wavedash more, makes you faster.
Double jump cancel, not all the time because its punishable, but work it in. Your fully jumped, not fast falled airs get you in trouble on fd.

Overall, the really best I can say is to go to the Yoshi video page, watch Fumi, Bringer, Gabe, and try to emulate their playstyle.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
You seemed fast enough on the ground (at least to handle your slow brother), and I was surprised to see utilt, whose power I didn't learn until well into my Yoshi career. However, in the air you seemed a bit floaty, try adding fast falls and use less down air. I didn't see a close to ground DJC, that would speed you up considerably as well. You need to know when Yoshi can get high enough in time to deliver another blow, I often saw you try to reach an opponent who was wayyyy too high to reach even with the double jump. Although I think you have a good feel for Yoshi's moves, you don't for his double jump. Just keep practicing DJC and the like to get better with it.

bigman40

Smash Master
Well, everybody already said what I could tell you. One thing though, the songs have to match the character. On my vid (of my friends), I used that song since they were looking to get better. Next time you post a vid, make sure you have a song that matches yoshi (or your playing style).
Edit: 200 post! SWEET!!

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
Thanks alot guys. I found the untumble really helpful. I use the nair more and the dair less. I haven't been able to add anything lately due to camera problems (I also need more opponents). Thanks for the comments/critiques!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Thanks alot guys. I found the untumble really helpful. I use the nair more and the dair less. I haven't been able to add anything lately due to camera problems (I also need more opponents). Thanks for the comments/critiques!
That's great news. Please show us some new videos when you get the chance. I understand how difficult it is to find a fellow smasher: I live in NH, lol.

Top Bottom