• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu's utilt infinite works on the following characters

Kira~

Smash Cadet
NNID
JiveJay
Sheik
ZSS (?)(very strict timing)
Fox
Falco
Greninja (Very strict at low%)
Captain Falcon
Roy (up to 70%
)

Go nuts.

keronshb

Smash Cadet
NNID
keronshb
Switch FC
4854 8398 6875
Did you try this on an actual opponent who is DI'ing and not in training mode
It works on a lot of people it seems. I was VSing a friend and I couldn't DI out of a lot of UTilt Elbows as a few different characters.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
You can DI out, it doesn't work on anyone. I'd suggest utilts until they're pretty far, then jab -> SRK.

Doesn't work as an infinite that is, you can certainly chain a few of them together.

Last edited:

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
Yeah i went through the whole cast list with multiple percents and this isn't a true infinite on anyone if they know how to DI. You can certainly get ~10 in some situations but not much more than that.

Kira~

Smash Cadet
NNID
JiveJay
Yeah i went through the whole cast list with multiple percents and this isn't a true infinite on anyone if they know how to DI. You can certainly get ~10 in some situations but not much more than that.
Really? All that time I wasted (._.)

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
Really? All that time I wasted (._.)
Yeah the thing is Training mode doesn't take rage or stale move negation into effect. Stale move negation lowers the damage and knockback on moves when used in the same queue. So if you do 10 Utilts in training mode they will all have the same damage and base knockback but in a real match the damage and knockback start getting reduced.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Yeah the thing is Training mode doesn't take rage or stale move negation into effect. Stale move negation lowers the damage and knockback on moves when used in the same queue. So if you do 10 Utilts in training mode they will all have the same damage and base knockback but in a real match the damage and knockback start getting reduced.
that actually has nothing to do with why this isn't a valid tech
it's that you can almost instantly SDI out of this.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I wonder if all of you mean the same thing. Some seem to mean "spam weak utilts" while others seem to mean that thing from the vine... weak utilit-> step forward->weak utilit->step forward->repeat.

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
that actually has nothing to do with why this isn't a valid tech
it's that you can almost instantly SDI out of this.
He tested this in training mode where there are no KB modifiers. He thought it was an infinite because of this. Do this in training mode vs a real match and you'll see how much easier it is to break out.

Top Bottom