• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu's Down-B can ignore counters

ChromeZero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chrome_Zero
So yesterday I was playing against Greninja with Ryu and after i charged up a focus punch Greninja had thrown out a counter but my attack when straight through him and the counter didnt activate nor did Greninja get hit. So I tested this out and apparently it happens every time with Greninja. I tried it out with different characters that have counters and his focus punch ignored their counters and they got hit and the crumble affect activated. I think Greninja dodges his hit with the counter because of the axis thing. Am I just out of the loop or have I discovered something?

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
I think this is new cause no one seems to have posted about it. A situational occurrence but good info to keep on the back burner. It's probably because Greninja is Invulnerable during his counter pose where as other counters dont make them invulnerable they simply negate damage and Knockback....if that makes any sense lol.

Edit: I took a look at Kuroganes Frame Data on Greninja and he does have intangibility frames from 8-19. However the move counters any and all hits from frame 8-30 meaning if you land a focus attack on frame 20-30 it should cause crumple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom