• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu's Disjoints List

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
for his normals? I know I remember jab1,f tilt 1 and fair being a few.

Anyone compiled the full list yet?

EDIT: So,I went and tested it myself on Mario's fireballs/Dedede's spike. Ryu's disjoints are as follows:

Jab 1-yes
Jab 2-?
Jab 3-?
Jab 1-2-yes

F tilt 1-yes
F tilt 2-yes

Neutral air- yes
Fair-yes
Bair-yes
Uair-yes
Dair-yes

Dash attack'-yes
D tilt 1-yes
D tilt 2-yes

U tilt1-yes
U tilt 2-yes

F smash-yes
Down smash-yes
Up smash-yes

Side b -Tatsumaki-yes
Shoryuken-up b -yes

I couldn't get the jab 2 and jab 3 to come out when I wanted to. =\

And here,I'm just learning that a lot of characters have disjoints. Dam :/

Last edited by a moderator:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
So,I went and tested it myself on Mario's fireballs/Dedede's spike. Ryu's disjoints are as follows:

Jab 1-yes
Jab 2-?
Jab 3-?
Jab 1-2-yes

F tilt 1-yes
F tilt 2-yes

Neutral air- yes
Fair-yes
Bair-yes
Uair-yes
Dair-yes

Dash attack'-yes
D tilt 1-yes
D tilt 2-yes

U tilt1-yes
U tilt 2-yes

F smash-yes
Down smash-yes
Up smash-yes

Side b -Tatsumaki-yes
Shoryuken-up b -yes

I couldn't get the jab 2 and jab 3 to come out when I wanted to. =\

And here,I'm just learning that a lot of characters have disjoints. Dam :/
great work!

however im wondering, are fireballs the best way to test this? you could just be out prioritizing the fireball, or clashing. i'm not sure the best way to actually test disjoints, maybe punching a bomb?

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
great work!

however im wondering, are fireballs the best way to test this? you could just be out prioritizing the fireball, or clashing. i'm not sure the best way to actually test disjoints, maybe punching a bomb?
Well,I tested on ddd's spikes and the end results were the same as Mario's fireballs.

I tested on a bomb too and ryu went flying XD

I myself is also not sure what the right method is for learning if something's really disjointed or not.

Update: ryus f smash,down smash,nair,fair and jab1-2 canceled out a fully charged 0%,80% lucarios fireball but not a 120% one.

I think everyone who sees this thread who take it with a grain of salt for now. =\

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Well,I tested on ddd's spikes and the end results were the same as Mario's fireballs.

I tested on a bomb too and ryu went flying XD

I myself is also not sure what the right method is for learning if something's really disjointed or not.

Update: ryus f smash,down smash,nair,fair and jab1-2 canceled out a fully charged 0%,80% lucarios fireball but not a 120% one.

I think everyone who sees this thread who take it with a grain of salt for now. =\
the lucario thing makes sense. i'm not sure if you've gone through and read about priority but any time you do dmg with a hitbox that is within 8% of a projectile (or another grounded move) you'll just clash. if you do more ethan 8% damage than what hte projectile does, you'll not even flinch and just overpower the projectile entirely. an example here is villager's lloyd rocket, you can Fsmash right through it and not even flinch, but if you ftilt 2 you'll take some hitstun but not any damage. that's because Fsmash does more than 8% dmg than lloyd, but ftilt only does 6% so it's just within clashing range. so lucario's ball gets more damaging the highest percent he has, so it has higher priority.

so anyways that's why i think projectiles arent the best way to test this, we should be trying to figure out how far ryu's hitboxes extend if any parts of his body are invincible. i am pretty sure Fsmash has invincibility frames on his foot.

by DDD's spikes i'm guessing you mean gordos? those will fly away if you do 2% dmg to them no matter what move you use.

the only other theory i have besides careful bomb punching/kicking is attacking characters with transcendent priority or an aerial, seeing how far ryu's body is actually touching their hitbox. the only grounded transcendent moves i can think of right now is ZSS's dash attack.

maybe try doing a smart bomb and punching into the explosion radius in slow motion after it explodes.

sorry i'd test all this stuff out too but im trying to take a break from the game for a day before a tournament tomorrow.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
the lucario thing makes sense. i'm not sure if you've gone through and read about priority but any time you do dmg with a hitbox that is within 8% of a projectile (or another grounded move) you'll just clash. if you do more ethan 8% damage than what hte projectile does, you'll not even flinch and just overpower the projectile entirely. an example here is villager's lloyd rocket, you can Fsmash right through it and not even flinch, but if you ftilt 2 you'll take some hitstun but not any damage. that's because Fsmash does more than 8% dmg than lloyd, but ftilt only does 6% so it's just within clashing range. so lucario's ball gets more damaging the highest percent he has, so it has higher priority.

so anyways that's why i think projectiles arent the best way to test this, we should be trying to figure out how far ryu's hitboxes extend if any parts of his body are invincible. i am pretty sure Fsmash has invincibility frames on his foot.

by DDD's spikes i'm guessing you mean gordos? those will fly away if you do 2% dmg to them no matter what move you use.

the only other theory i have besides careful bomb punching/kicking is attacking characters with transcendent priority or an aerial, seeing how far ryu's body is actually touching their hitbox. the only grounded transcendent moves i can think of right now is ZSS's dash attack.

maybe try doing a smart bomb and punching into the explosion radius in slow motion after it explodes.

sorry i'd test all this stuff out too but im trying to take a break from the game for a day before a tournament tomorrow.
Well,I was aware of a different kind of priority that existed like how fox and falco's laser pass right through Mario's fireball,charizard's flamethrower.I was unaware that percentage also played a factor into projectile priority too.Thanks for informing me of that.

Well,no one around me is interested in playing smash so I can't exactly try out the zss method. =\

Bomb testing was a disaster. Only successful move not to send ryu flying was d smash!

As for the smart bomb testing. I didn't test the way you requested me to( can definately go do it though ).Something interesting happened though when If I hit with certain moves like fair,d smash,nair,or up smash when the smart bomb was laying on the ground.the result was Ryu wouldn't instantly get caught in the explosion afterwards but then he would wind up the other side he's facing and then finally receive the full impact of the bomb unlike the other moves( d tilt 2 ) where ryu where just receive the full impact instantly. I don't know if that's something worth nothing. =\

But,yeah sure no problem. I'll be happy to test all this as long as my double a batteries still workXD

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
That dsmash on bomb, did it hit the bomb before the foot came into contact with it or was it the actual foot touching it? That means dsmash has invincibility on his foot I think. That's an awesome find!

Thank you for all the labbing. Good luck if you continue testing further.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
That dsmash on bomb, did it hit the bomb before the foot came into contact with it or was it the actual foot touching it? That means dsmash has invincibility on his foot I think. That's an awesome find!

Thank you for all the labbing. Good luck if you continue testing further.
Yes,it was the foot,the very tip.i spaced d smash at it's max distance.

As for the current bomb testing,I want to add that f tilt 1 is also disjointed as ryu didn't go flying after kicking the bomb! as well as f smash(like you said).and again they were spaced at the tip!

I also have a question to ask.Does testing against the black hammer count? Hammer does 27% btw.

I'm asking because I was able to dair and fair an airborne dk and bowser(being above them of course) successfully out of their hammering action.There was a clanking motion before it happened of course.Other moves had clanked as well.

Last edited:

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Some things have strange priority, I'm not sure if hammer is reliable in this but it could be.

Like for example Luma, when it's attack connects with ANY hitbox, regarldess of percent, it always results in a clash and Luma takes no damage. It's possible hammer functions similarly.

I think from what you're telling me so far is we can safely assume Ryu's foot is made of steel and completely invincible during attacks.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Some things have strange priority, I'm not sure if hammer is reliable in this but it could be.

Like for example Luma, when it's attack connects with ANY hitbox, regarldess of percent, it always results in a clash and Luma takes no damage. It's possible hammer functions similarly.

I think from what you're telling me so far is we can safely assume Ryu's foot is made of steel and completely invincible during attacks.
Yeah,you've think the black hammer wouldn't clank at all due to it's damage output and seemingly high priority but that isn't the case. A strange coincidence.

Leaves me speechless

I also forgot to mention I had jab1-2( heavy roundhousekicked) a Shiek out of her hammering action.

But yeah that seems to be the trend here. Anything with ryu's foot sticking appears to be invincible at the tip though d tilt -2 wasn't successful in clanking with the hammer(most likely cause I couldn't time it correctly for it to clank).

My gut certainly tells me fair,dair and bair are but the way the bomb testing went for them. I'm in doubt.( spacing an aerial at the very tip as a bomb you threw up coming down is tricky).

I'm not sure where to go with the testing from here.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Just to be sure, what do you mean by disjoint? I mean, disjoint usually refers to a hitbox that is larger than it just the hurtbox, but also the character model. For example, snake's utilt or ftilt in brawl. When I tested Ryu's moveset I didn't find any disjoints of the second (larger than the model) kind except nair, and even then barely.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Just to be sure, what do you mean by disjoint? I mean, disjoint usually refers to a hitbox that is larger than it just the hurtbox, but also the character model. For example, snake's utilt or ftilt in brawl. When I tested Ryu's moveset I didn't find any disjoints of the second (larger than the model) kind except nair, and even then barely.
Upon creating this thread,I had originally though the word disjointed meant "extending hitbox that doesn't return recoil to the user after making contact with another hitbox but apparently there seems to be more to the definition of the word with the explanations you and Icraq provided for something to be considered truly disjointed.

Sorry for the misconceptions this thread has brung.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Upon creating this thread,I had originally though the word disjointed meant "extending hitbox that doesn't return recoil to the user after making contact with another hitbox but apparently there seems to be more to the definition of the word with the explanations you and Icraq provided for something to be considered truly disjointed.

Sorry for the misconceptions this thread has brung.
Hey, we're all here to learn. The important thing is that you're willing to work and contribute. Go check the guides @ PokemonyeWest PokemonyeWest and myself have made to see what info we have and then lab to find anything we missed. We're barely scrapping the surface of what Ryu is capable of

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Hey, we're all here to learn. The important thing is that you're willing to work and contribute. Go check the guides @ PokemonyeWest PokemonyeWest and myself have made to see what info we have and then lab to find anything we missed. We're barely scrapping the surface of what Ryu is capable of
He has discovered multiple things regarding Ryu's intangibility frames on his attacks. I don't think he has the people to continue testing it, so maybe you can try and pin down what other moves might have intangibility? That'd be a handy asset for your guides.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
He has discovered multiple things regarding Ryu's intangibility frames on his attacks. I don't think he has the people to continue testing it, so maybe you can try and pin down what other moves might have intangibility? That'd be a handy asset for your guides.
I'll check it out when I get some time off. Others can help, basically everyone here can help test things and then we get more confirmation.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I'll check it out when I get some time off. Others can help, basically everyone here can help test things and then we get more confirmation.
Awesome! Thanks, I'm curious what you find. If we only had Dantarion style data dumps we could figure it out instantly.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There's an easy way to test for intangibility in training mode with Bomb-ombs (Smart Bombs, Bombchus, and Gooey Bombs explosions are too big) or Bumpers (as they don't affect intangible hitboxes as there is not hurt box to be read). I suggest Bumper because Bomb-ombs wake-up frustrating fast in this game).

From what I could figure out cr.hk, cr.mk, cr.lk, cl.hp, st.mk, st.lp, st.hk, j.hk, j.lk, and j.hp all seem to have some sort of invincibility/intangibility on the hand or foot (depending on the move). The rest I'm not sure about due to the way they come out or couldn't seem to find any intangibility on.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
From what I could figure out cr.hk, cr.mk, cr.lk, cl.hp, st.mk, st.lp, st.hk, j.hk, j.lk, and j.hp all seem to have some sort of invincibility/intangibility on the hand or foot (depending on the move
Mind translating the phrase to smashspeak?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

Dsmash, strong Dtilt, weak Dtilt, strong Utilt, weak Ftilt, Jab, strong Jab, Fair, Nair, and Dair.
Thx, you're a doll.

Top Bottom