• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu/Shulk main here, what character should I pick up as a secondary for the villager matchup?

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I feel like shulk can just be entirely shut down from using aerials by villagers fair/bair, and Ryu whiffs quite a few combos on, due to the short size. If you have general tips about the Ryu/Shulk matchup instead that would also be greatly appreciated.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
IMO Ryu loses to Villager pretty badly if the Villager just focuses on keeping him out, but Shulk on the other hand has quite an even MU vs Villager (I'd say it's likely 50-50) simply because Villager struggles vs swords. So you should just practice vs good Villagers with Shulk until you have the MU down.

If you really really struggle with it regardless tho, then these are the characters that Villager has the worst time against:

Meta Knight
Toon Link/Link
Megaman
Game n Watch

:p

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
If you really really struggle with it regardless tho, then these are the characters that Villager has the worst time against:

Meta Knight
Toon Link/Link
Megaman
Game n Watch

:p
I've been meaning to pick up megaman, I'll see what I can do there. Thanks for the help man.

Top Bottom