• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu Neutral B

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
When I am throwing out Ryu's neutral b, should i use the true inputs or just b held?

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
Mixing it up throws the opponent off. You have six different types of fireballs. The B button makes a small looking fireball. The true hadouken is larger, does more damage, and makes a different sounding HADOUKEN. And the red fireball looking completly different. All can be fired at different speeds. The damage isn't as important as the push it does.

WD40

Smash Apprentice
NNID
adamwd
Mixing it up throws the opponent off. You have six different types of fireballs. The B button makes a small looking fireball. The true hadouken is larger, does more damage, and makes a different sounding HADOUKEN. And the red fireball looking completly different. All can be fired at different speeds. The damage isn't as important as the push it does.
There's actually 9 different hadoukens. Fast, slow, and medium versions of the regular hadouken, true input hadouken, and shakunetsu hadouken.

You wanna just keep mixing it up without overusing hadoukens. And be sure to never use one while near the opponent, you will get punished.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hold it for 2 to 3 frames. That's medium version.

Blew your mind didn't I?

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
If ya do the input but hit grab instead of A or B ya get the light version always, nice little tip.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there are medium versions. They just aren't as useful in most cases so people forgot about them even though they were shown in the trailer. The only use I can think of for a medium input special is for TSRK (shoryuken). Medium TSRK reaches platforms on BF but doesn't go as high as Hard TSRK so it is less punishable. Otherwise, medium specials are harder to use than they are worth.

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
Thank you guys. I used to only throw out the true inputs, but i realized that that isn't always the best.

HornBill

Smash Rookie
Not a single person here has answered OP's question, you guys are talking about a different subject! He asked if it's hadouken's true input is worth it or not.

I guess it depends on your consistency with the inputs, because there's obviously no disadvantage in using the true inputs all the time. With that said, I think many of the top players use normal neutral b hadouken quite often, probably because the risk of missing the input isn't worth it.

Last edited:

DX_97

Smash Cadet
NNID
kwakdohyun97
Not a single person here has answered OP's question, you guys are talking about a different subject! He asked if it's hadouken's true input is worth it or not.

I guess it depends on your consistency with the inputs, because there's obviously no disadvantage in using the true inputs all the time. With that said, I think many of the top players use normal neutral b hadouken quite often, probably because the risk of missing the input isn't worth it.
So if I can get the trrue input everytime, shoud i go for that instead? I noticed Trela also going for more half circle neutral b than quarter circle neutral b.

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
So if I can get the trrue input everytime, shoud i go for that instead? I noticed Trela also going for more half circle neutral b than quarter circle neutral b.
In my opinion, there is no reason to use normal hado over shaku. Shaku can be comboed off of much better than hado in most situations. The only time hado should be used is jab resets and maybe some other niche uses.

Top Bottom