• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu needs to be in Smash!!!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Of course we are talking about the best Ryu. Ryu from Breath of Fire 3. Why this one. Well, BOF3 is arguably the best Breath of Fire RPG and that series was so popular that it ended up in the Sonic/Megaman Worlds Unite special.

~~~History~~~
Breath of Fire is a Capcom RPG series that started on the SNES. Breath of Fire 1 and 2 (particularity 2) were well received, but the series sky rocketed into success with Breath of Fire 3 and Breath of Fire 4 on the Playstation. Then cam 5 on the PS2 and the series never had a proper entry again.

The Series is and was quite popular, with BOF3 characters showing up in many cross overs (mainly the Worlds Unite series).

So this topic is dedicated to Ryu. The best Dragon character.

Ryu-BOF-template.png

BofFIIILogo.png

Ryu-BOF3.png

bof3.png

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I can't wait for Ryu (Breath of Fire) and Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) to join Ryu (Street Fighter) as guest fighters in Smash. We also need Euden from Dragalia Lost to have a trio of dragon boys as well.

Jokes aside, BOF Ryu would be a neat addition. He's got a lot of competition though, even within Capcom alone. And come to think of it, aside from being featured as a card in Ultimate Marvel vs Cacpom 3, I don't think he's even made it into any in house Capcom crossover games.

I haven't played any BOF games myself, but I'm at least aware of who he is along with a few others like Nina and Katt. You seem to favor 3, but would you recommend it as a good place to start?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I can't wait for Ryu (Breath of Fire) and Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) to join Ryu (Street Fighter) as guest fighters in Smash. We also need Euden from Dragalia Lost to have a trio of dragon boys as well.

Jokes aside, BOF Ryu would be a neat addition. He's got a lot of competition though, even within Capcom alone. And come to think of it, aside from being featured as a card in Ultimate Marvel vs Cacpom 3, I don't think he's even made it into any in house Capcom crossover games.

I haven't played any BOF games myself, but I'm at least aware of who he is along with a few others like Nina and Katt. You seem to favor 3, but would you recommend it as a good place to start?
For the Games themselves, I personally love 3, but it is a toss up of 3 and 4 on where to start. I love bof3 for the characters, but bof4 has a much more grand feel to it in ways.

The atmosphere is what makes those games. And BOF3 is one of the best.

I never did play Bof1 or Bof2. I need to.

Top Bottom