• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryu Guidance please

Kaito212

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hiroyuki212
3DS FC
2724-1707-5258
So I play at my high school tourneys and with my friends, I win the majority of both those but I'm having trouble with getting the juicy early kills with Ryu. I can do the up tilt or down tilt to true shoryu consistently but I find it really hard to get my opponents to lower their shields so I can get the juicy/swag kill. I can do all the SF inputs so I got that covered but I have some problems in the neutral as I start neutral air approaching for no reason (maybe marth play is affecting me) and I don't know how to keep space between me and my opponent. I really want to win my high school tourneys with my Ryu but I always have switch to Zss or Captain Falcon in order to win. Any tips are appreciated :)

Top Bottom